Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:13 PM
Default Distant Terrain not showing in game
I spent several hours fiddling around with positioning/blending the Riverview Distant Terrain object in my new world, only to find that it was completely missing when I went to Edit In Game. Just to be sure, I exported the world and loaded up a game with it, and it wasn't there either. I've looked everywhere for other people having this problem, but it seems like the only related issues others are having are getting the object to show up in the metadata list inside CAW.

I downloaded the Riverview DT and made sure my framework was in place for CAW - it worked just fine and showed up immediately. I'm using it on a basic large flat map, max height 200. I have the most current version of CAW, as far as I know. I have Riverview installed in my game.

The only thing I can think of is that the location of the DT file (in the CAW packages folder) is somehow not allowing the actual game to access it. In other words, it's not getting packaged into the .world file when I export. I remember reading somewhere that DT objects are actually two files, as are bridges. I thought this point might be relevant, because a bridge I had placed across a river was also missing. Still, the bridge was not CC; it was just something that came with CAW.

Any help and suggestions are appreciated! I'm about ready to scrap the whole thing and just start over with Sunset Valley Lite

If screenshots would help, let me know. I just don't have them on this computer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:21 PM
You need to also have the package in the main mods folder.

Basically CAW and Edit in Game are separate programs, the latter being a restricted version of the main game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:49 PM
Such a simple solution...I feel kinda dumb Thanks, though!

Odd that none of the CAW tutorials I've read, when they discuss distant terrain, have mentioned this very important fact.
Site Helper
#4 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 7:50 PM
There are things that seem too obvious to mention. Even when they aren't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 8:32 PM
@alizzzard
Quote: Originally posted by alizzzard
Such a simple solution...I feel kinda dumb Thanks, though!

Odd that none of the CAW tutorials I've read, when they discuss distant terrain, have mentioned this very important fact.

You are using my distant terrain from here?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...099#post3390099

(Same goes for the bridges!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@alizzzard

You are using my distant terrain from here?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...099#post3390099

(Same goes for the bridges!)

The CAW file I have is the same, but I got it from somewhere else (don't remember where exactly) and it didn't mention any of the second part. Very helpful, though, thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 11:05 AM
You won't find the information in CAW tutorials because this is very specific to objects extracted from store worlds. When you use a distant terrain from any of the EP worlds, such as Bridgeport, they will show up just fine for the downloader as long as they have the EP.