Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:18 PM
I'm sorry, I kind of neglected this thread in the last few weeks. Since my last post I tried to set up a new prison several times but wasn't really happy with what I created. Although the brick prison looked nice it was detrimental to my motivation since it took away a big part of the challenge because all the cells were created already. So currently I don't have the challenge running up untill I have my motivation again. I still will support this thread and change the rules and such and I am sure I'll find back to this soon enough

Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I have a question: How realistically do you all play your prisons? Are you locking up your prisoners in their cells while the warden is asleep? I gave my warden the Never weary trait today, but before I never thought of taking special security measures for the hours when he was asleep. The question occured to me only now.

Also, are visitors allowed? Because discharged prisoners will come back and knock at the gate if they befriended some other inmate or the warden. For now I decide on a case by case basis, whatever I feel like at the moment.
Also I imported my warden´s family from my other save, because he yearned for romance. He already had a date with his wife in his apartment (I use the door lock mod and gave her access to the main gate and Gordon´s living quarters, though not his office).

I don't lock them up at night but honestly I probably should. I never even thought of that, it makes more sense to me than having them roam around the premises while the warden is asleep. What you could also do to make it somewhat realistic is set up cameras and pretend they detect movement close to the entry and an alarm would ring when someone goes close to it. Or have a second warden (like you do now) look after the prisoners while the first one is unavailable.

For visitation I will create a new rule immediately. You will need a separate room with access from inside and outside the prison. Visitors may not walk around in the inside of the prison but your inmates can meet them in the visitation room. However if you aren't actively controlling a sim you may not send him to visitation. It's like a workshop for socialization.

Nighttime impression of my current prison and I also have a new warden that I use when Gordon takes a vacation or gets himself suspended:

My mom (who is also a gamer, though not a simmer) dropped by today and I showed her that same lot. She made a "Now how am I to say this politely" - face and then said: "No offense meant, but this house of yours looks like a prison." So it may not be greatest prison in the world, but at least recognizeable for what it is supposed to be

I'd call that a compliment! Clearly your prison is very well identifiable as such

Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
my prison is coming along nicely. I have 5 prisoners now. two workrooms and the yard has a horseshoe pit and a workout space.

Your prison looks great, especially the entrance. It also has a nice layout and the blue camping furniture bring a splash of color into the otherwise grey mix Did you release any prisoners yet?

Rah, that garden is killing me. Stupid plants always scream for attention when my controlled prisoner has far better things to do, so in the end Gordon does the bulk of the gardening. Sorta like a parent who gets stuck with their kids´ pets after they lose interest in them.

Is there an autonomous gardening mod? The autonomy mod linked in the first post seems to be a little too much for my preference.

I would advise against using that mod anyway, it's not tested enough and in my experience the autonomy runs much better without it. I will take it out of the first post and just leave faster sim autonomy in there because that one does not cause problems. Sims will autonomously garden if they have some skillpoints in it, I had that happen in my grey prison. Everyone had three or four skill points and sims decided to garden on their own. They sometimes even worked in groups, I was pretty impressed at that.

Call me Sukie please :)
My simblr: Paperheart Sims
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusanneKa
Sims will autonomously garden if they have some skillpoints in it, I had that happen in my grey prison. Everyone had three or four skill points and sims decided to garden on their own. They sometimes even worked in groups, I was pretty impressed at that.

Ah, that´s a relief! So far other than Gordon only one inmate has skilled thus far and I sometimes catch him talking to the plants.

Speaking about sims impressing us, mine sometimes scare me (even moreso because I`m not used to free will). My first warden, Gordon, is a slob, the replacement guy, Jack, is a perfectionist. And it seems those traits "radiate" somehow, because when Jack is on duty, the prisoners gather for groupmeals on their own. Those that do not wish to eat or drink at least grab a book and sit quietly at the table, whereas when Gordon is on duty the sims scatter all across the place. It may have been a coincidence, but you know my overactive imagination by now and can guess how that got me off my feet

"Workshop for socializing" is a great term. b.t.w. I´m pretty sure that´s what Jack would call it
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:29 AM
Ok so I'm I'm gonna do this Challenge and I even made a blog roll for it it's my first real challenge for Sims 4, so some bloggish accountability was called for XD Sims 4 Blog time to see what I can do ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:13 AM
Ah, it's nice to see some more people try their hand at this challenge! Feel free to post pictures or tell us about your experiences in this thread - or notify us of updates on your blog.
It's always very interesting to see each person create their prison with their own unique twist. I don't have much tips considering building except for... I wouldn't go for looks, they don't
really matter at first. Make sure you stay within the limits of 20k simoleons and that your prisoners have everything they need. At first the prisoners also don't have to have their own
kitchen, you can have the warden cook them meals. If you want to make your lot look like an actual prison use the bars and the fence door that came with get to work, they make for
an ok-ish looking cell although I'd prefer to have functional cell doors. If you want your prison to be fancy maybe start with a pretty roof as that's pretty much free (or very cheap) and
if you can afford ityou should build a perimeter fence - the prisoners sometimes escape to meet up with random people outside. That's all I can say, everything else in on the first page.

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:53 PM
Default My Challenge
so I have just started my prison challenge with an Alien Warden that made Warden Keri Delossantos !

I got my first prisoner Ariella Lawrence!

I provided some fitting clothes for a prisoner like her!

as you can see she is not very happy about it!

and here you can see Ariella's Ceil + Workshop

This is the look of the prison as you can see it's quite decent start I liked how it turned out so far :lovestruc !
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:56 AM
Awesome Prison @abd123! I especially like your warden. You know... You'd also be allowed to build a prison "in space" if you wanted, like on a spaceship of some sorts. It doesn't have to be a prison like we know it today.
I wonder how you got her to pose in front of the mugshot device though because I can't even find that ingame :D

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM Last edited by abd123 : 6th Jul 2015 at 3:32 PM. Reason: Firefox Freezed Had To Continue
Quote: Originally posted by SusanneKa
Awesome Prison @abd123! I especially like your warden. You know... You'd also be allowed to build a prison "in space" if you wanted, like on a spaceship of some sorts. It doesn't have to be a prison like we know it today.
I wonder how you got her to pose in front of the mugshot device though because I can't even find that ingame :D

thanks but anyways, just at the first day things got really funny!

As you can see she was painting in her ceil!

And her painting was really good compare to most of the time a sim draw something really awful!

Then our warden friend give her a visit and mocked her painting! come on now you can't be that evil!

That is not all she decided that she will not be eating today!

now that she is angry she decided to draw something

her look doesn't look so good!

at first looks, it looks like that our prisoner threat have made the warden scared specially that he painting doesn't look so good !

wait a minute does this mean she got a plan?

yep sound like she practice for the fight!

ops that what you get when you try to fight with your eyes closed!

oh now she is ashamed of her self

at the same time our prisoner is still making us a cash while she is angry!

why is she laughing while cooking?!

come on your not suppose to feed the prisoner when you tell them they will not get a food!

and now you can see that our prisoner has got his meal! I was hoping she would do something evil!

the prisoner seems to be happy about this situation though!

this not over yet!
--------------------
Edited

ok so she wanted to earn some money by making cash out of trash!

come on stop with with the evil laugh and tell me what your thinking!

the prisoner want a meal tonight too!

ok?

Ahh...

and now our warden sleep happy.... :lovestruc

..... while the poor prisoner is in the solitary for the rest of the night!

The profit of our day after some stuff I bought!

Fortnightly, the prisoner survived the night at the solitary and ready to get some rest before she can continue her work as usual!
Page 2 of 2