Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 7:31 PM Last edited by CyrusBanefort : 6th Nov 2020 at 11:24 PM.
@PuddingFace ,

That Jazz Script is both about harassing with the cane and holding it. My current objective in this mod's development is to manage to make the "Holding Cane" posture to appear properly.
Anyway, this thing is... Very strange, I cannot even run the animations on Animation Player - Even putting their exact names and everything, they refuse to show up, indepedently if the sim is a elder or not. I'll try to put them in Blender and differentiate from the originals, and see if anything comes of it. I'll keep you all updated.

EDIT: Okay, this is weirder than I had anticipated. Even after turning the CLIPs into smds and importing them in Blender, the animations continue to don't play. Why?

EDIT2: It seems I was trying to open the cane animations, not the sim animations. Still having problems, however. AnimTools gives me "AnimationError2" when I try to turn the smd into a clip.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 11:42 PM
In Blender you can directly import CLIPS. smd was for milkshape I believe.

Which version of Blender are you using?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 2:14 PM
@PuddingFace ,

Managed to import the clips to Blender, but... Well, when trying to use Animation Player, the animations still don't appear. In Blender, they function as expected, but in-game, the sim just stands there, doing absolutely nothing. Also, other thing that is very strange... For some reason, the Jazz Script reference animations with different names than the one that should be working. How does this script even works?
Basically, every cane animation has a e_ prefix, not an a_. But, in the script, it references many animations that should begin with an e_, and... It still works in base-game? It's bizarre.
Scholar
#54 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 2:45 PM
In Jazz script things just change into a after saving. But the game still understands. You need to import the e animations and export them out with a . Everything else should be same. I think this will help.

As for animation player I am not sure. Were you testing with adults or elders?

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 4:18 PM
@PuddingFace ,

Did it. The animations are trembling when they are used in the cane interactions, though. Is this normal or there's some fix?
Scholar
#56 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 4:30 PM
So the animations are playing now after creating new ones with a instead of e? And what do you mean by trembling? Is it not working correctly? And are Sims using the Cane now?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 4:38 PM
@PuddingFace ,

Basically, the animations are... Shaky. They shake. Very much. But, they still play normally.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#58 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyrusBanefort
@PuddingFace ,

Basically, the animations are... Shaky. They shake. Very much. But, they still play normally.
Could you maybe make a video in-game of it and convert that into a GIF here: https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif

Orrr, share the CLIP  Because I think it might just be that the keyframes are somehow screwed up. Which can happen very easily after converting an animtion from SMD to CLIP
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 1:47 PM
@Lyralei ,

Here's the CLIPs. These are the original ones, as the problem seems to be caused just by opening them in Blender 2.67.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  cane.rar (129.2 KB, 3 downloads)
Description: CLIPs
Scholar
#60 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 7:40 PM
It could be due to Ik chains maybe?
But other than the shakiness everything is working now?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 1:55 PM
@PuddingFace ,

Yes, they are working correctly. The only problem is the shakiness.
Scholar
#62 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 6:42 PM
The animation is shaky in Blender too? Idk why that is happening. I'll have to try extracting myself and testing.

You don't have to convert CLIP file to SMD. That could be what causes the glitch. CLIP files can be imported to Blender directly.

Also open the e animation and a animation in two separate S3PE package files and look at the ik chains.

Virtual gardener
#63 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 2:49 PM
Just tested them myself in Blender and it's indeed either what Puddingface and I are suspecting (Aka, the conversion from CLIP to SMD). 

Orrrrr

So, some animations (Take the 'eating' animations for example) Where if you dump them into blender, your afRig/amRig all of the sudden comes out of the sky and after 2 keyframes is doing it's animations. That all is actually done with IKtargeting. (IK targets being these 'magnets' as I like to call them to each join that simply keep a particular joint at a particular position.) You might have suspected sims sometimes going a bit through the terrain and then hopping right back on them. That's IK targeting work .

Unfortunately, there isn't actually that much you can do except for removing that 'jumpiness' and 'shakiness'. But given how this shakiness is more like where the z-value positioning keeps changing by a decimal and other animations don't seem to have this shaky issue. I actually want to bet my money on the conversion that is slightly off here. And that's because of the fact that the z-value is off by a few decimals for each keyframe (So the yellow stripes you see at the bottom UI bit).

I also would like to say that not all of them have the shakiness to it. It's seemingly only 2 animations, so I'd really just look at what happens if you don't convert the CLIP files. Since S3PE already exports them as a CLIP file
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 6:06 PM
@Lyralei ,

Actually, those ARE the original CLIPs. I think, somehow, that this is the fault of an earlier version of Blender, as when I convert them to smd and import to Blender 2.8, they work without any flaw.
Virtual gardener
#65 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CyrusBanefort
@Lyralei ,

Actually, those ARE the original CLIPs. I think, somehow, that this is the fault of an earlier version of Blender, as when I convert them to smd and import to Blender 2.8, they work without any flaw.
Oh hrm interesting! I do think you're right though. For me the CLIP files importer/exporter is a bit clunky from time to time, (like some joints being lower/more stiff in-game than the original blender joint was. This was already a pretty often reported thing though). So, good to know!  

Does this also happen once you convert it back from SMD to CLIP? because then I'd just do it the milkshape way: 

Scholar
#66 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 11:32 PM
When I was making dark meditation interaction. The animation was a bit weird as well. Like the Sim would float up 1 frame float down the next frame. I had to edit that animation.
Maybe some animations get weird in Blender. I guess this means an animator has to fix the shakiness in your case. Can you rename the animation in Milkshape.

There might be another way to rename animation without importing and exporting to a software. Let me check.

Scholar
#67 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:16 AM
@CyrusBanefort
Code:
S3_6B20C4F3_70000000_8B408834A1A84686_c2c_spellcastingDuel_castSpell_x%%+CLIP.animation

S3_6B20C4F3_70000000_08438834A1A84686_a2a_spellcastingDuel_castSpell_x%%+CLIP.animation

Look at the names of these two animation files.

Code:
0x8B408834A1A84686 is the CLIPIID Hash of c2c_spellcastingDuel_castSpell_x
similarly
0x08438834A1A84686 is the CLIPIID Hash of a2a_spellcastingDuel_castSpell_x

you can get the CLIPIID from S3pe, the same way you get fnv64 hash. From the tools section.

With this way you can rename the animation without importing the animation anywhere. So I believe if you do it this way then Blender won't mess up the animation.
you can also try renaming directly in S3pe? Just import the e animation to S3PE then rename then click CLIPIID.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 10:01 PM
@PuddingFace ,

Ok, I'll work at it this weekend. Let's see if we can finally make this work, as I think that managing to make the animations and walkstyle appear, we can fix the rest of the problems easily.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:04 PM Last edited by CyrusBanefort : 16th Nov 2020 at 4:07 PM. Reason: Grammar
A update for all.
It seems that, even with the animations being replaced succesfully, the cane interactions still act very bizarrely. They seem to work on arbitrary occasions, and even by trying to use them I get script errors. Thanks to that, I'm thinking on discontinuing this project and moving on to the next, one that would be focused on ghosts. It seems that EA really didn't want that people other than who they designed the cane for used the object correctly. Too bad, really. I sure wanted to have occults other than vampires be allowed to use the canes, even if I didn't manage to make it useable by adults.
Page 3 of 3