Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 2:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Rescuing a Sim from a broken computer.
I am so sorry if i am posting this on wrong section. I checked the off topic forum but i couldn't find the post button. The issue is me having a really speacial sim for me in my old pc. My pc doesn't work anymore. It is not physically damaged or anything. How can i have my save file back, at this point im even okay with just getting her genes or just screenshot the genes. I am searching for a solution to my problem the past month. She is super-speacial for me. I know so little about computer mechanics. It is a desktop pc and it doesn't turn on. Can i remove the part that has the files in it and get everything in a usb? If you want to help me and there is not enough information just please dm me on discord (Vioxy#2402) or reply here with your question. I appreaciate everyone who'll try to somehow help me. I am so thankful that this site exists and everyone is so helpful!
I am so sad that i lost that Sim!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 3:00 PM
If you could remove the hard drive from the PC, then- provided it was still functional- you may be able to connect it as an external drive to another PC, and browse the files.
To do this you'd need an external drive coupler (which one depends upon what type the hard drive/SSD is), another PC, and-of course- for the drive to be readable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you could remove the hard drive from the PC, then- provided it was still functional- you may be able to connect it as an external drive to another PC, and browse the files.
To do this you'd need an external drive coupler (which one depends upon what type the hard drive/SSD is), another PC, and-of course- for the drive to be readable.

i know that the pc's motherboard is completely dead. And i think hard drive is okay, is there any way for me to get the files inside the driver without the external drive coupler? Thank you so much by the way, best wishes for you mate.
p.s: also does the second pc have to be desktop?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:38 PM
No, if you can't switch the computer on at all then you'd have to get the hard drive out and connect it to another computer. PC or laptop would be fine, depending on the format of the drive I doubt you'd get Mac or Linux to read a Windows hard drive, so you'd need Windows.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:48 PM
If it's a SATA, some computers have an e-sata port so you could connect it there too.