Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slightly Altered Muscular Male Mesh Mod (SAM4) version 2

by nanashihito Posted 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:55 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2013 at 7:37 PM by nanashihito : Long overdue update.

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 7:33 AM
hi, I have a question....
I made the mistake of installing the exagerate one, and I dont like how it looks in my chubby and fat sims, nor in the veeery skinny ones...
I tried deleting the file, but it wont work, it is still there. I also reinstalled my game, and installed no CC, but its still there! How do I get rid of it?
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:23 AM
i downloaded this and installed it to my game but the only one that shows up is the "Muscular" skin, i was only wanting the "SAMMMM" skin. how do i get rid of "muscular" so "sammmm" is the only thing that shows?
Test Subject
#53 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:18 AM
Thank you -so- much for this. It makes the men so much easier on the eyes.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:33 PM
can i use custom skintones with it

Back in the building
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:34 PM
Dear all:
I've received a few messages that concern the improper functioning of the mod recently; which are most likely due to recent expansions. I apologize. Due to some lifestyle commitments (change in job and country), I haven't been keeping up with the Sims 3.

Luckily, my life has somewhat stabilized, and I'll be looking into fixing any extant issues over the next month or two, after I make a purchase of the expansions. I will also try looking into adding support for teenagers, or doing more extensive modeling, if time permits.

Modelling/meshing for males is usually less popular than for females in most games. When I first created SAMMMM, I was under the impression that it'd only be a temporary solution before a truly talented mesher (with copious amounts of free time) would create something more professional. Unfortunately, at first glance, this does not appear to have happened, and I think I will try to do the best that I can.

Thank you very much for your patronage of SAMMMM.

-Nanashihito 名無し人

P.S.: dolphinsimo5, the issue is with your cached Sims. Please read the install instructions again and delete the cache file in your "My Documents" Folder (which is not affected by reinstalling). I believe the name of it is "SimCompositorCache". You will also need to refresh the textures.
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM Last edited by kamiiiiii : 27th Jan 2011 at 5:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nanashihito
Dear all:
I've received a few messages that concern the improper functioning of the mod recently; which are most likely due to recent expansions. I apologize. Due to some lifestyle commitments (change in job and country), I haven't been keeping up with the Sims 3.

Luckily, my life has somewhat stabilized, and I'll be looking into fixing any extant issues over the next month or two, after I make a purchase of the expansions. I will also try looking into adding support for teenagers, or doing more extensive modeling, if time permits.

Modelling/meshing for males is usually less popular than for females in most games. When I first created SAMMMM, I was under the impression that it'd only be a temporary solution before a truly talented mesher (with copious amounts of free time) would create something more professional. Unfortunately, at first glance, this does not appear to have happened, and I think I will try to do the best that I can.

Thank you very much for your patronage of SAMMMM.

-Nanashihito 名無し人

P.S.: dolphinsimo5, the issue is with your cached Sims. Please read the install instructions again and delete the cache file in your "My Documents" Folder (which is not affected by reinstalling). I believe the name of it is "SimCompositorCache". You will also need to refresh the textures.

Thank you so much for your effort! My sims looked like pudding before I downloaded your mesh!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:43 PM
Awesome, thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 5:45 PM
Oddly enough, w/o this mod, there's already morbidly obesse sims w/ those muscles; disturbing, really.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:23 PM
THanks bt is it safe like if i uninstall the sims3 will it go away
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:22 AM
This isn't working for me, even though I put all the .package files from the .zip file into my sims3\mods folder....
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 11:50 PM
It looks amazing!! Very well done!! :-D
Is there a possibility to let the teenagers have also these meshes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:47 PM
Sorry for the hiatus guys - I went to University and kind of lost access to my old computer where I kept all the modding tools.

SAM4 has been updated to version 2, with a new shape and everything and the long-requested teen compatibility. However, it no longer comes with a skin (it's unnecessary and a bit ugly anyway) and is now just a mesh mod. The major changes to the adult mesh are contouring around the hip bones and very slightly wider shoulders to compensate for not wearing clothing (shoulders tend to look a bit compressed in the default version, IMO).

What I really need to know is if it works with non-standard sims like aliens, werewolves, vampires etc (although who wants to see a zombie in a bathing suit?).

I'd like feedback or suggestions if you have any so I can fix issues before something horrible happens (like if I get a job) and I fall off the internet again. If you think any other meshes need tweaking (like say, the horrible plantsim clothes thing), let me know too.
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nanashihito
What I really need to know is if it works with non-standard sims like aliens, werewolves, vampires etc (although who wants to see a zombie in a bathing suit?)

I haven't checked, but I'm sure the mod works on them, since occult sims share the basic male mesh with any other non-occult male sim.

That said, this mod is basically an answered prayer! Won't be missing those clunky EA barrel bodies.

Also, did you update the mod for Late Night's muscle definition sliders? The previous version had an unsightly seam running down the hip with maximum muscle definition.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 2:14 PM
I'm looking into the seam issue right now, I think it's caused by using an old version of Postal to do all my importing/exporting (only the mesh was tweaked and so it must be a mapping/export problem), so I have to teach myself S3PE (I have 4 years to catch up on!). I'll update again if I manage to solve it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 4:26 PM
Thanks for updating this. Downloaded this back when it first came out and really wanted the teens to have this body too.
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:27 AM
I really loved this, and now it won't work with the new patch update . Is there any way that anyone has got this to work with the new patch?

Thank you.
THANKS POST
#67 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:45 PM
TY
THANKS POST
#68 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 11:29 AM
Thanks ;)
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Junnosuke__sama
For some reason it keeps saying: Acces to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\ambodytext-darksammmm.package' is denied. Everything is denied. Not just your download but with anything I try to download in general. Help?
just copy your sims 3 to data D
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
I'm having a little bit of trouble installing this one. When I extract the files I'm only getting 6 packages, which is less than what you listed. I'm getting
sam4v2ampendant.package
sam4v2ampuka.package
sam4v2amtopnudeburnt.package
sam4v2amtopnudelod1.package
sam4v2tmtopnude_burnt_lod1.package
sam4v2tmtopnude_lod1.package

I put these into the packages folder in the mod folder but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge them at all. I'm new to modding, but I put in one other mod the same way (the nointro mod) and it worked. I feel like what I'm doing wrong is obvious, can anyone help me out?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 7:28 AM
Thanks Me gay I like Body sixpacks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 2:20 PM
great stuff
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 2:58 AM
Umph I think all male sims of mine are going to be topless for a while, Thanks!
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
I see no difference ,but I deleted the simcompositorcache package all I see is the curves but no muscle definition difference .what did I do wrong help
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 5:55 PM
I would love to know how you did this. Muscular male legs (especially with a lot of custom slider changes) REALLY need some work too, and while I might be able to make the desired changes in the meshes myself, I wouldn't know how to make the game recognize them. Also, I too am a bit confused about which files I need to install, as their names seem a bit obscure to me. What do each of them do?
Page 3 of 4