Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#101 Old 13th May 2015 at 8:35 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 13th May 2015 at 9:15 PM.
I'm enjoying the absolute shit out of that glowing bar, those curtains, those chairs and that barstool.

I can't stand much of anything else.

Edit: That's the banquet table? All of the over sized things we've been given and the one thing you expect to be a decent size... is too small.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:36 PM
Pricing is surprisingly okay, just need to wait for it to be released to be able to scroll through all its content before I decide if it's worth it or not. So far, I really like the sleek bar, and the new gameplay objects seem useful.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:50 PM
I wish that bar had counters. It's a very nightclub-esque looking bar, and while it looks cute alone, it needs counters.

Mad Poster
#104 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:50 PM
I'm such a hypocrite. I really am tired of Sims content that is hooked into the life style of the rich and famous, but when I saw a couple of stills of the coming content, I drooled. I might as well accept that The Sims is about materialism, it always has been. What's harder to swallow is how much I want the virtual shiny. So shiny!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#105 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:55 PM
I could do without the all-sequin-everything. It looks a little tacky.

Also:
"@Rudy8292 @adventfear The Stuff Pack has about the same number of objects as TS3 Stuff Packs, but it also includes 2 new gameplay objects"

So, a TS3 store set? Does it also include a venue?

Mad Poster
#106 Old 14th May 2015 at 12:18 AM
I just can't work up any enthusiasm for any more stuff that isn't toddlers, especially boring frivolous rich people shit. Luxury Parties? Meh. Toddlers and a birthday party pack? I might actually sit up and take notice.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:01 AM
I said I would wait for more details before I pass judgement, so here it is- 10 bucks? %^&* yeah mother ^%$#@!*! I'm gonna get me that buffet, with custom recipes. Honestly, I was expecting 20 or something for nothing all that appealing.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Does it also include a venue?

Ha... were would you put it? I stopped purchasing from the sims 3 store pretty early. It was over priced crap. Even when the quality went up, so did the price, so it was still overpriced crap. But I thought store sets with gameplay items ran about 20 bucks? And ones with venues even more? On average I guess. I know there wasn't a general pricing plan.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#108 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:26 AM
That buffet is so... theme specific. They honestly could have gotten away with a longer table for ceremonies. EA tends to forget that these object are used for assorted purposes and themes, so a generic object is always best.

That cute little snack table is probably good for a nightclub or a lounge, but a wedding? A birthday party? A recreation hall? Nah...

Mad Poster
#109 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:00 AM
I didn't see the tables, Matrix54. Could you post a link? Or is it on the splash screen for the game?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:11 AM
These are the buffet tables WITH the food & drink fountain atop.

You know what... I'll reserve judgement until later. That could very well be a dining table with a fountain on top. I'll retract what I said prior and hope I was wrong.

Mad Poster
#111 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:20 AM
Oh, thanks! I did see that picture but somehow did not compute that I was looking at new tables. I think I overlooked them. Now that you've drawn my attention to them...yes, they are tiny. I don't think those are dining tables, especially since the same items are on each one. I will say that I've been to a large catered party where there were a few stations sprinkled around the room that were similarly small like these. Boy, those are ugly, though! They don't look very festive at all.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#112 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:34 AM
To be fair, they do fit the theme for a luxury party - small and quaint. Enough to eat a little of this or that, but nothing to get overly full.

However, given this is THE grand reintroduction of such an item that's been with the series for such a long time and has a staple for being the feast table for a wide array of functions (which harps back into class structure the game keeps ignoring).

I could write a complete essay about Buffet Tables - it's not so much that they're not giving us something from TS2 or 3 - clearly they are, but it's the overall design of the object which is borderline useless in more mundane venues where such an object would be required. It's possible to design something to fit nice and snug in the pack WHILE being appropriate in several other places. A simple table with a cloth and several sheet recolors was a choice that was so painfully obvious. They nailed the fountain however, and it would look cute on such a table.

Forum Resident
#113 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:41 AM
I like the idea of this stuff pack, even if it's just adding on to all of the already ritzy base game objects.

I have a question though. Who exactly is my Sim going to invite to their luxury party when there's only two 50x50 lots? Where are all their rich friends going to live besides a mansion? And, in this case, that means they could only invite one other family because there's only two 50x50 lots in the game (not sure if Magnolia Promenade has any... oh well). I mean, I'm sure this will make more sense when we get more neighborhoods (and I dearly hope they're larger than our current ones... I'm suffocating with these!) in the future. But right now, the pack isn't really too much of a necessity for me.

Maybe I'll purchase it in the future, though. I'm sure it could be fun having extravagant parties that go until dawn.
Forum Resident
#114 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:33 AM
Those are not buffet tables. Appetizer table or wine tasting table yes. Not a buffet table. wtf are they thinking.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
$10 is a very reasonable price. I'm actually shocked. It's too bad I don't particularly want this pack. My sims never throw parties and the only formal events they attend are weddings (and full wedding ceremonies are pretty rare in my game) so I wont have much use for this one :/

Sad thing is I kind of like what the redhead is wearing and her hair. I'm almost willing to fork over $10 bucks for this. I feel so dirty and pathetic.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#115 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:43 AM
LOL at the roast appetizer.

Forum Resident
#116 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:01 AM

Cornish Game Hens maybe?
Mad Poster
#117 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:04 AM
I kind of wish that the Sims they show in the advertisements would come with the stuff packs and expansion packs. I keep thinking they look really interesting. I must be nuts. I'm waaay too open to suggestion when it comes to these games. But I still want them!

Forum Resident
#118 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:25 AM Last edited by audioromance : 14th May 2015 at 5:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I kind of wish that the Sims they show in the advertisements would come with the stuff packs and expansion packs. I keep thinking they look really interesting. I must be nuts. I'm waaay too open to suggestion when it comes to these games. But I still want them!

I actually do too. I'm weird like that though. I like playing with maxis sims and I was so annoyed that we didn't get any of the sims seen in promotions in the hoods on release. They do have some of them up, maxiscreator_01 (posted most of the get to work sims) and some of the gurus sometimes post them (simguruzephyr and simguruJill most active). I have remade some of them myself for some unknown reason.

ETA: Added the names for others who might want to check it out.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:36 AM
Thanks for the information - I'll go look for them!

Forum Resident
#120 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre

I think they put up the GTW sims on the gallery so hopefully they will do the same for these.

For me I will buy it. It's $10 so why not. Besides the heir for my next gen will be kind of snobbish in a nice way so this will help with that for me. I agree though, not much use for more luxury stuff.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Field Researcher
#121 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Just letting you guys know, this is only digital download as well. So it seems as though Expansion Packs will be the only packs physically available for retail purchase.
Source

Damn. I want to get as many packs in physical form as possible. I just don't trust Origin with my downloads.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Inventor
#122 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:53 AM
I'm just glad that is has 2 of the items I was hoping for. A drink/desert fountain anf a buffet table. I also wanted hot tubs but maybe one (looks off in the distance)
Field Researcher
#123 Old 14th May 2015 at 11:18 AM

LOL I know, right? WTH?

I can just see a sim all dressed up in their new shiny suits in the middle of their luxury party being like "Why yes I think I will rip a leg off of this roast chicken with my bare hands and then go mingle with all of my rich friends..."

Maybe they're slots though? I thought it said that there are default appetizers that you can use, or that you can cook your own food and put it on the table. I'm hoping that's the latter, and not EA's version of awesome finger food.
Field Researcher
#124 Old 14th May 2015 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/TS4-SP01-announce

Looks like it'll be objects,hairstyles/clothing and two new gameplay objects for $10.00

I love the hairs, especially that female side sweep thingy(?). But the clothes are just fifty shades of tacky. I mean look at that blue shirt yellow tie yellow vest combo, what is this, an elementary school color wheel lesson?
Forum Resident
#125 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queen Yinin
Damn. I want to get as many packs in physical form as possible. I just don't trust Origin with my downloads.

I don't like that digital thing as well.
If I buy a game I want a box with cover disk and manual like the old times.
Digital my a$$

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Page 5 of 141