Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1201 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:38 AM
I believe that if TS4 was a much better game which didn't need so many mods to make it playable (or is the word "Tolerable"?) fewer people would be so concerned about Paralives and when it will be available for Prime Time. Yeah, Maxis is making changes and updating (practically every month it seems now) and churning out Kit after Kit for their desperately rabid fans, but the game is still a simulation lag vampire and many bugs and other necessary basics for gratifying play are yet lacking. Like lil bag2 said, it kinda makes you starved for something else.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1202 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
... the game is still a simulation lag vampire and many bugs and other necessary basics for gratifying play are still lacking. Like lil bag2 said, it kinda makes you starved for something else.

I do not have lag issues but loading screens take a tad longer now. I am not starved as........... in CAW nonstop in 3! As long as I have that I am a happy Sims camper.
Field Researcher
#1203 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:12 AM
Report lag issues on AHQ. You can send the SimGurus save files and Config.log in a PM, without there being any specific bug report for it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...eam/m-p/6065302

If you don't know what files to send here is an old information post, its just a player posting but I found no official information:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ag/td-p/6918287
Mad Poster
#1204 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
We're still waiting to see the Paras perform a SINGLE interaction in live mode, route to an object, interact with each other.

But they have performed a single interaction:

And in other videos. If those are not interactions, than I don't know what is. We also seen the pie menu in other videos.

We also seen Maggie route to an object, just not the 'interact with each other' bit.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
#1205 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
But they have performed a single interaction:

And in other videos. If those are not interactions, than I don't know what is. We also seen the pie menu in other videos.

We also seen Maggie route to an object, just not the 'interact with each other' bit.

LOL. That's NOT LIVE real time gameplay. For all we know, it could be all fake. They need to show actual real time gameplay, not stuff they could have easily animated just for the video.
Lab Assistant
#1206 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 7:10 PM
Someone just needs to ask the Paralives team when we are going to get a gameplay video. If someone from the Paralives team is reading the posts in this thread, we need to let them know that we want to see gameplay. I was super excited when the Paralives team relased this video and I want to see more of videos like that. I also want to see other life stages besides adult and young adult, if there will be life stages like in the Sims.
Mad Poster
#1207 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
Someone just needs to ask the Paralives team when we are going to get a gameplay video. If someone from the Paralives team is reading the posts in this thread, we need to let them know that we want to see gameplay. I was super excited when the Paralives team relased this video and I want to see more of videos like that. I also want to see other life stages besides adult and young adult, if there will be life stages like in the Sims.

This video is fine, but do the Parafolk INTERACT with all of this?

That's the biggest issue with the Sims lately. Too much clutter and deco, and not enough things for Sims to actually use. For years, Paralives has been home design first and foremost. I wait for video years later of the Parafolk doing something as basic as sitting.

Sims can sit. Can the Parafolk?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#1208 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 9:43 PM Last edited by 310175 : 9th Oct 2021 at 9:59 PM.
When I look at the monthly status updates, the jump to showing interactions seems to be way off. There is only so much time in a month. Especially with such a small team.

Paralives Fall updates

I can't imagine it coming out at any time before at least 2026. And I'm being optimistic here. So, if they work another 3-4 years just on gameplay, I'm really not that fussed that we haven't seen any interations yet.
Instructor
#1209 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 3:31 PM
Now I'm wondering how much Patreon supporters might have had to fork out for the game if it comes out in 2026. As much as the whole cost of Sims 4 maybe?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1210 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 7:04 PM
They don't have any gameplay yet, they haven't finished even deciding how it's going to play. It's the next thing after they finish the paramaker (CAS). We patrons know it's a long way off, no one is pulling the wool over our eyes.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#1211 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
They don't have any gameplay yet, they haven't finished even deciding how it's going to play. It's the next thing after they finish the paramaker (CAS). We patrons know it's a long way off, no one is pulling the wool over our eyes.

It doesn't hurt much does it paying so much per month? That's how I look at paying for the Sims 4 packs that I want. I know that I'll be getting the pack immediately though.
Mad Poster
#1212 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

It doesn't take a year to make Parafolk interact with their environment. I've seen walking, standing, and some random animations. The house they build doesn't even have a roof on it yet.

I understand giving people pretty pictures too look at is important because that's what sells, but it's taking a pretty long time.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
#1213 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It doesn't take a year to make Parafolk interact with their environment. I've seen walking, standing, and some random animations. The house they build doesn't even have a roof on it yet.

I understand giving people pretty pictures too look at is important because that's what sells, but it's taking a pretty long time.

Yes, it is a bit slower than one might expect. I have my theories about what their approach might be getting wrong, but I shouldn't really say here, as patrons are in a somewhat privileged position to hear first hand about the development details. I do still have full confidence there *will be* a game and it's not vaporware. I have a fair amount of confidence it will be enjoyable to play. Eventually. The question is, will the patronage hold up long enough to support paying the team or will they start to have to let people go before the end, which will just slow it down more.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#1214 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 6:55 PM
Like I said before, a team of NINE people should help things move faster. Cities: Skylines was developed by a team of THIRTEEN people in 2 years.

A life sim is one of the most complex games you could make, so I'd understand if it took longer than 2, 3 or even 4 years. But how long is it gonna take? 6 years? 8 years? How much money will have Patreons given them at that point?

The fact people are willing to pay up to $10 / month for basically the promise of a game they may or may not get to play in 5 years is INSANE to me. Maybe I just don't understand how Patreon works.

I'd never "pay" for something I don't even know if I'll ever get to enjoy. That's even worse than compulsively buying games when there's a Steam sale. At least you know those games are in your Library and you may play them in the future. But this? This ain't even a game yet and who knows if it'll ever be finished.
#1215 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 7:18 PM
It may speed up now they are returning to the office. We'll see.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1216 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
The fact people are willing to pay up to $10 / month for basically the promise of a game they may or may not get to play in 5 years is INSANE to me. Maybe I just don't understand how Patreon works.

I'd never "pay" for something I don't even know if I'll ever get to enjoy. That's even worse than compulsively buying games when there's a Steam sale. At least you know those games are in your Library and you may play them in the future. But this? This ain't even a game yet and who knows if it'll ever be finished.

That would be their choice to pay $10, others smoke away more than that in a week. Many of us who have been there since near the beginning only pay $1 a month. I don't mind investing that. If it fails I still haven't invested into possible lung cancer now have I? For that $1 I have seen videos (Twitch wants something like $8 a month to sub) I get to vote in polls and say what I would like. I even get to message the person in charge and have them respond in a timely manner. Imagine doing that with EA!

Now Sims 4 I have bought a few packs and can't play it at all! Nor can I play Dragon Age Inquisition because I can't log into Origin. I get a pop up saying to 'try again later' and a mention to talk to online chat help. I would rather talk to the taxation office.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#1217 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:08 PM
Paralives made this patreon post about furniture creation public: https://www.patreon.com/posts/53220322
Theorist
#1218 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Paralives made this patreon post about furniture creation public: https://www.patreon.com/posts/53220322

Yup! Just saw it too! It's really interesting. I mean it's nothing too spectacular, but at least it gives some neat insight.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Staff - Moderator
#1219 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 8:15 PM
Paralives has posted this small update https://store.steampowered.com/news...938480921226031
Theorist
#1220 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 4:31 AM
Paralives has posted this small update https://store.steampowered.com/news...938480921226031

I gotta say the Para-hair looks has been looking a bit greasy/messy in the last couple pictures...I hope they'll still revise that before the game is released.

Mad Poster
#1221 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I gotta say the Para-hair looks has been looking a bit greasy/messy in the last couple pictures...I hope they'll still revise that before the game is released.

I know I am in minority here, but I do not like anything about that Para. I have a wait and see attitude and will see what the release version of this game has to offer, but so far it is a pass for me. But I am open to them changing my mind. And actually hope that they do.
Staff - Moderator
#1222 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 4:52 AM
Paralives has posted this GIF about hair physics https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame/s...4831897601?s=20
Theorist
#1223 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:48 PM
Paralives has posted this GIF about hair physics https://twitter.com/ParalivesGame/s...4831897601?s=20

It looks quite impressive, I wonder if the hair will fly around like that in actual gameplay or like if it will just be in the para-maker, like it was in Sims 2 (the hair in Sims 2 CAS fluttered a bit when you spun the Sim around, in game it had much more rudimentary hair physics)

Mad Poster
#1224 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:08 PM
It seems like their CAS and Build-Buy are looking fairly substantial, but have they shown any gameplay yet?
Mad Poster
#1225 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:45 PM
That hair is impressive but my general impression is that they are getting bogged down missing the forest to some extent as so focused on the trees. It seems to me that they are overly micro managing things? Things like hair that move, counters that can adjust, 2 eye colors, etc, etc., are in some ways interesting, but IMO move the game along and maybe do some of these things later? I know zero about game development, but my guess is many folks want to see more gameplay and have that be a higher priority than hair that moves? Skip some of the small things for now to get the game actually released sometime in our lifetimes?
Page 49 of 73