Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default instant game crash when using Build Mode tools
so I built a new lot. I like it, it looks good, and I need a bit of CFE construction to finish it off. But everytime I enable CFE and build the needed construction, using the hammer or eyedropper tools will cause an instant game crash. It suddenly won't let me delete or clone anything. I've had to repeat the same few tasks 6 or 7 times now with no result. How the hell do I even begin to diagnose this?

The plus side is that the game only takes about 20 seconds to load now, so I'll probably do it again later. but then it will crash, again.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:41 PM
okay so for some reason it didn't crash this time......I moved everything NRaas from /packages to /overrides, could it be that they were conflicting with another script mod? My thought was an error not being trapped by ErrorTrap, but then I realized I have no idea what that mod even does.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM
it just worked perfectly for about 15 minutes and then crashed again immediately when I thought the coast was clear.....but the issue is definitely CFE related.

insert signature here