Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:06 PM Last edited by kesanmits48 : 18th Aug 2021 at 3:34 PM.
Default New Mac user missing his simming time!
Sul sul everybody! I have recently become a Mac user (I’m on a MacBook Air with the M1 chip) and, since I cannot play TS2 anymore, I really wanted to dive back into TS3 to have some fun, because let’s be honest: TS4 is extremely boring if you have played the previous instalments. So here I am, asking you if there is anything a m https://speedtest.vet/ ac user should do in order to have a better simming experience. I have seen the Smooth Patch that has been recently released, but it’s only for windows apparently. Is there anything you suggest for an Apple machine? Any settings, mods or tool I definitely need to use to enhance the performance and the gameplay experience as well? Any suggestion is welcome, even those not mac-specific! Thank you and good simming . https://showbox.tools/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kesanmits48
Sul sul everybody! I have recently become a Mac user (I’m on a MacBook Air with the M1 chip) and, since I cannot play TS2 anymore, I really wanted to dive back into TS3 to have some fun, because let’s be honest: TS4 is extremely boring if you have played the previous instalments. So here I am, asking you if there is anything a mac user should do in order to have a better simming experience. I have seen the Smooth Patch that has been recently released, but it’s only for windows apparently. Is there anything you suggest for an Apple machine?

Yes, a LOT of patience and a sense of humor.

Assuming you are running Catalina or higher (10.15) for the macOS, only the 64-bit version of TS3 would be available to you. This version of the game is new, released at the end of October 2020 as a way to get the game to run in at least some manner on a 64-bit only operating system, Several major things about it are broken and there don't seem to be any signs of anyone working on it any further (we all hope this is incorrect and they ARE silently working on it). It will feel like more of an experiment than a fully developed game version in some ways, because this project was really a labor of love headed up by a Maxis employee who couldn't stand the thought of Mac players being left out in the cold due to the lack of backwards compatibility of their newer operating systems.

You can find more details about what is wrong with this version, and in some cases some workarounds, on the TS3 for Mac board on AHQ .

But the game does run. It no longer has the draconian 2 GB RAM limit that the original 32-bit Mac version has, nor the 4 GB limit that the Windows version still has. And it's the same game engine the rest of us have, only at Patch 1.70. Though there will be some limits as to how far you can push things on a MacBook Air in particular.

Quote: Originally posted by kesanmits48
Any settings, mods or tool I definitely need to use to enhance the performance and the gameplay experience as well? Any suggestion is welcome, even those not mac-specific! Thank you and good simming .

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIP...AME-PERFORMANCE