Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 4:25 PM
Default Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco
Hi guys, I've been working on my first custom Sim for the past 2 days, and I think I'm a bit stuck.
This is Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco:

And this is what I have so far with a Sims 3 version of him:

MTS doesn't think the likeness is great enough. And they're right. I just can't place exactly what it is. I think maybe I need to add some -slight- eyebags and/or creases. Maybe new skin? I would greatly appreciate some constructive feedback and some advice about sculpting the face, or anything else about him. Thanks!

PS, here's a list of the CC I've got on him:
(Hair: Included in Supernatural EP)
Skin: Angelina's Skin by MissDayDream [Here]
Eyebrows: Zachary Eyebrow by monca553 [Here]
Facial Hair: Barely There Facial Hair by Jasumi [Here]
Lips: Natural Lips by Pralinesims [Here]
Eyes/Contacts: Real Eyes by Pralinesims [Here]
Suit Top for Formal Wear: HoneyJ_AMsuittop02 by Vanturk8182 [Here]
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Brendon_Urie_by_AnnaNikole.rar (288.9 KB, 127 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM
Added slight natural eyebags, new eyebrows, and new skin.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 8:21 PM
Because sims can look a lot different in game than in CAS, we can help you the most if you take indoors, well lighted pictures of the sim against a neutral background. Ideally, if you can put at least one of the reference photos into the same post as the sims' pictures, it is much easier to compare. At this point I'd say the eyes should be smaller in scale, probably closer together, and the mouth less wide with the bottom lip more square. Good luck with your project and nice start!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 9:29 PM Last edited by AnnaNikole : 26th Jun 2016 at 10:51 PM.
Made the eyes and mouth smaller.

But then I let him lose in the game and....

....Oh god why
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 1:43 AM
That's what I meant about the difference between in game and CAS. Pretty drastic, isn't it? Until you get the facial structure correct, you may want to consider working without the custom skin. For good in-game pictures, you'll want to place lights at floor level and over heard from both sides and the front to light the sim's face. If you can catch the sim walking toward the camera, it's easier to get a straight on head and shoulders shot, I think. Scrolling back and forth, I'd say to shorten the face/chin, widen the jaw and chin, raise the nostrils, and make the nose stick out more / be longer/sharper. Keep up the good work!