Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regal Dining Set {updated April 2009}

by Adele Posted 24th May 2008 at 9:09 PM - Updated 28th Apr 2009 at 6:16 AM by Adele : Adding collection file and updating set

152 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:57 PM
Wicked-sweet is right! Thanks for the beautiful work!
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:56 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
Field Researcher
#78 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:03 PM
You are a genius. Seriously. A genius. The most talented simmer I have ever seen.
Test Subject
#79 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:23 PM
Well, I only have the base game and OFB, and this made my game crash
Such a shame.

ACTA NON VERBA!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th May 2008 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linkinparkchick101
Such a shame.

Ah, really?? That sucks. Ugh... I wonder why?
Field Researcher
#81 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:17 AM
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linkinparkchick101
Such a shame.

I have base game only and it crashes for me as well
Field Researcher
#83 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:15 PM
Classic! Beautiful! What they all said above!!!

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:14 AM
Absolutely gorgeous textures, I could swear I was looking at a photograph! I have a feeling all of my Simmies will be wanting this beautiful set. Thank you!
Test Subject
#85 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinparkchick101
Such a shame.

Um... I have base game, Uni and Nightlife, couldn't even load the game.
Same problem with Adele's Ornate Chinese set.
What a pity, they're such splendid furniture Y_Y

Maybe I should reinstall Seasons after all, and leave it to my weak computer to endure the slow speed.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 29th May 2008 at 2:06 PM
I have pinpointed the object that was causing the crash; it's the chair. But even with that removed, the other objects don't show up properly - the end tables don't show at all in the buy mode, and the table and cabinet show up, but cannot actually be placed on lots. I only have base game as I already said, so that may be what's causing the problem, but in that case it might be best to mark the expansion pack requirements somewhere.

It is a really beautiful set and I'm very disappointed that I can't have it in my game
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:25 PM
Gorgeous! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 29th May 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elanorea
I have pinpointed the object that was causing the crash; it's the chair. But even with that removed, the other objects don't show up properly - the end tables don't show at all in the buy mode, and the table and cabinet show up, but cannot actually be placed on lots. I only have base game as I already said, so that may be what's causing the problem, but in that case it might be best to mark the expansion pack requirements somewhere.

It is a really beautiful set and I'm very disappointed that I can't have it in my game

I've changed the post to add a warning... I'm going to keep testing to try to figure out what the freaking problem is...
Test Subject
#89 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:18 PM
It seams like others have already warned you, but these made my game crash. As soon as I deleted them, the game worked. I have the original + university, so maybe you need other expansion packs beyond it, I don't know. They are lovely though, and I'm sad I never got to see or use them in game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:05 AM
Okay kids, apparently I'm an idiot. Would those of you who've had their game crash because of this mind testing out this new package?

Delete the other chair from your downloads, and put this one in there. And cross your fingers, I guess.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ADELE_regalDiningSet_diningChair_withoutPets.rar (60.2 KB, 22 downloads)
Test Subject
#91 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:05 AM
Thanks Adele, it works ^__^

I tried this trick on the ornate set (delete the chair) as well, but this time it's not the case. Seem the chair in Ornate is not the (only) item that caused the crash. Can you remember which item that required specsific expansion in that set?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcane*
Thanks Adele, it works ^__^

I tried this trick on the ornate set (delete the chair) as well, but this time it's not the case. Seem the chair in Ornate is not the (only) item that caused the crash. Can you remember which item that required specsific expansion in that set?

Yeah, I'd imagine the dresser and definitely the bookcase would cause issues. I'll have to re-clone them, too. But hey, at least this one isn't crashing anymore!
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 30th May 2008 at 10:19 PM
You do the most amazing and beautiful work along with the best recolors for your sets.
Thank You for creating fantastic sets for us to put in our games and have so much fun decorating with.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:39 PM
The chair works now, but the other stuff still doesn't. I have no idea what's wrong, maybe the problem is with my game. *sigh* Oh well, at least I have a pretty chair.
Test Subject
#95 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adele
Okay kids, apparently I'm an idiot. Would those of you who've had their game crash because of this mind testing out this new package?

Delete the other chair from your downloads, and put this one in there. And cross your fingers, I guess.

Thanks Adele, that did the trick. And the suite is so pretty in game, they put everything else to shame. They are just beautiful, and I'll definitely be watching for more from you. Thanks!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#96 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 7:39 AM
The texturing on these items is amazing. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#97 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 5th Jun 2008 at 5:04 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is beautiful! However did you get the wood to look so real and shiny!
Can't wait to download that iris.

On another note That freetime painting has bugged me since I got the EP beacuse it is a ripoff of Degas. They have a ripoff of Van Gogh too. He's my favorite artist. (tis a visual arts major in college)

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Instructor
#98 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 5th Jun 2008 at 5:04 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
So beautiful! Excellent work
Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 11:54 PM
Hey, I love this set, but it seems that ANY of the objects that I have downloaded of yours that are NOT chairs(I have your living set, as well) DO NOT WORK.. They show up in my inventory list to buy, but once I click it, the item does not 'come out' of the menu. Meaning, it's in the menu, but not in game play.

Could I be doing something wrong? I have the base game only. Let me know!

~*Cheryl*~
Test Subject
#100 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 11:38 AM
All of your items look fantastic, however, I can't get *any* of your items to work on my copy of The Sims 2. I do not own any expansion packs. Are any expansions required for your items?

When I put any of your lovely items into my Downloads folder, it crashes my game.

Any and all help on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Page 4 of 7