Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 11:59 PM
Default Emma Stone Feedback
OK I have been working on an Emma Stone sim for a few days now...
I feel something is missing but I cannot put my finger on it...
Please any tips are allowed and if you know of any better hair that suits her please tell me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
The other one
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:06 AM
Your sim looks quite a bit heavier/chubbier than the real one IMO, I'd try taking in the width of her face.
Also I think her eyebrows are a little too rounded, Emma's seem straighter with a more angular bend (in this pic at least).
Possibly try lowering the inner eye a teensy bit and I can't decide if I think they're a little too far apart or not.

Nice job so far, can you provide profile pics?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:36 AM
Default edited
Thanks for your feedback
Your right about her face being fat. I lowered it and kinda made it skinny as much as I think i could. I could go skinnier if I tried... i think haha.
Her eyebrows are arched in some pictures, but I made a more "natural" arch.
I lowered her inner eye like you suggested and lastly I put her eyes closer together cause they were in fact far apart :P

new opinions?
profile photo uploaded too.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 12:05 AM
Updated her a little, tweaked her to match Emma Stone more. In game pictures.
Feedback?
Screenshots
The other one
#5 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:16 AM
I'm not sure what it is but to me at least, something doesn't seem quite right (this is why I don't normally comment on sim creator feedback, I should just stick to houses, lol). Did you change the lips? Made the bottom one wider or is it just the make-up/light? I liked the lips in the previous pic better.

The other two things I'm wondering about is whether she might look more alike if her chin was lessheavy set, maybe a little smaller or pointier? ....and I think Emma has quite a small face, her features all seem quite close together...I'm wondering if the eyes/eyebrows should come down a little so they're marginally closer to the lips? You could always try it and see

Hope that helps, I feel bad that I'm the only one that's answered, I don't want all your feedback to come from me, lol.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:57 AM
Real people are hard to make! I tried a couple of times and wasn't very good lol. I'm like missroxor: tend to stick to building, but will give this a shot.

You say you can't slim the face down: are you using any custom sliders and/or a hack which increases the slider values? If not then I strongly suggest getting some because it will make this whole process sooo much easier. It should also mean that you can slim the face down some because in your recent pics it still does look a little too chubby for Emma.

I think her eyes need altering. They need to be wider on the outer side and narrower on the inner corner. The eyelids need to be less thick as well. Ahmad/bella3lek4 has some custom sliders, including eye length which is so useful when trying to get a more almond shaped eye.

I would also go with a custom skintone because EA's are really flat; custom eyes with a smaller iris, like flajko's; I would also use some custom freckles, because Emma has a lot on her nose but the EA ones don't really allow for that, so how about Papercat's. The new eyebrows you have look a lot better.

For pics I think it would help if you took the makeup off and put her in a tied-back hair that doesn't obscure her face. It will make the features easier to see that way. Also, take the pics in game in a well-lit room, and put them side-to-side with the real Emma, as it's easier to compare.

I do actually think that you've made a really good start, though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:28 AM
@Missroxor, O_O you are right... in CAS her upper lip was thinned out, and her bottom lip was kind of plumb. I have no idea what happened to her when I took her in game. Her nose even looks kind of bigger in game. I do agree I LOVE the first lips, I guess I will have to try and find out what happened when I brought her onto my lot. Or do you have any ideas? Emma's cheeks are kind of big, and her jaw is kind of medium in my opinion, so you are right I will have to edit that for sure. About her eyebrows I'll try dropping them slightly to see if that helps any.

@el_flel Thanks so much for the custom sliders link. I have installed it.... but does this mean my downloaders (when I redistribute this sim) will have to download the sliders aswell? And yeah I have been trying to fix her eyes, just couldn't figure what in the heck was missing. I will try your suggestion. And yes I agree about the skin, I was going to be looking for a better one, but couldn't find anything good. I will try the one you linked! For the freckles I am using the freckles from LadyFrontbum here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384840
But since it's in the makeup, I wont be able to add the contacts and the freckles... Is there a hack that allows makeup to be stacked? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you both for the feedback
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:10 PM
They won't need to download the sliders to install her but she can't be edited (facial features IIRC) without them. Make sure you also have a hack that will extend the number of sliders you can use, otherwise most of those won't show up! The game has a limit of 20 I think but with a hack you can more than that. jonha has one or awesomemod works. You obviously don't have to use them but IME it's really hard to get any realism without sliders.

Re the eyes, you could find ones that aren't contacts that have smaller irises. I think there are a few on here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:36 PM
@el_flel, OK let me look for a hack that extends my limit of sliders! Awsomemod doesn't work for me sadly. I have tried before and nothing. :/ So I will see what Jonha has
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 2:51 AM
It would help if you posted your reference pictures with each revision of your sim. That way, we can compare them better and help you more. Good start!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 12:24 AM Last edited by chod3994 : 25th Apr 2011 at 1:55 AM.
Sorry I have been pretty busy with things but I got around to edit her and get some in game shots

Opinions? I really think she's coming along great. But IDK. :/
Then i put her in game and she looks NOTHING like I had in CAS. >_>

reference picture:
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-conten...-up-570x841.jpg

in game picture:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/...stoneingame.png
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 12:04 AM
Not sure how long we have to wait til we can bump.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 1:46 AM
Hi, great start!

First of all you need to post your comparison pic and your sims pic side by side, it is much easier to help that way.

Side profiles are VERY helpful also.

You're going to need to put her in a bun, ponytail or something so that her face and jawline can be seen clearly.

Lower eye lid needs to come down a bit.
Do you have bella's sliders? They really are a must.

Facial Sliders by Ahmad @ Caliena's Sims3 Blog

More Info on Ahmad's Sliders

I think her eyes need to be stretched a bit. You need a bit of a slope at about the middle of the lower eye lid... just after the ring around the pupil, whatever that is called...lol. So, I think you're going to have to move the lower eye apex to the right a bit. You might see what others think.

Are you using custom eyes?

Not sure if you're going to try to make her eye make up look like the comparison pic, but if so this may help:
Set of 6 Winged Glamorous Eyeliners by emmzx

I think you need to scale down her chin and bring it up a bit.
I think her face is a bit wide, but it's hard to tell until you put her in hair that is pulled back away from the jaw and face.

Also if you could post a side by side ... side profile shot that would be great.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:20 PM
OK I put her in a ponytail... it helped a lot to see what I have wrong..
I really need to adjust her jaw line or something. Her chin has gone up the maximum it possibly can :/

I adjusted her eyes aswell and will be fixing her chin soon. So any other suggestions?
BTW everytime I fix the wideness of her jaw people say it makes her look like she has a fat face. What can I do?

front view

profile view
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:46 PM
I think you should use the Oh My -Eyes- by escand: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397231
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:36 PM
She's looking good, just keep going you're gonna get there!

Hi first of all, I think her head is too wide.

Are you using Bella's sliders. If so bring the "jaw line width" slider to the right a click or two. It is too thin in that area. (Jaw/ connects to chin).
Bring her jaw width out some (to make jaw wider)
Bring her whole nose up a bit, then rotate it up a bit.
Bring chin up a bit
Rotate her eyes so that the outer corner of her eyes come down a bit.
Move the "eye socket height" slider to the left a bit. (RLP she has very little upper lid showing
Bring eye depth to the right a tiny bit

Mouth needs to be a tad wider
Looks like you have the "mouth curve" going to the left and I think you need to bring it to the right some.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2011 at 11:52 PM
OK I did everything you said EXCEPT
*Jaw Line Width can not go to the right any farther. So what can I do. It hasn't changed since the last picture.
*Chin... I can't bring it up since the last pic...that's the MAX it will go :/

any tips? Just leave them? Or is there a way to extend the Bella sliders to allow them to go up more?
Thanks SO much for the tips she looks amazing with the changes I did you told me to do.

I will update pics once we can figure out how to do the things stated above
Forum Resident
#18 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:14 AM
Oh, well I use Awesome mod and have my slider capacity to 5

Awesome Mod
CASSliderScaleMultiplie (mine is set at 5)

I am not sure what you can do if you can't get Awesome mod. There are some other mods that can increase your sliders, but I'm not sure what they are... maybe someone on here can help you with that. Unfortunately the EA sliders are just not enough. I hope you can get what you need. Can't wait to see the update.
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:59 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 2nd May 2011 at 1:29 AM.
Maybe if you move the whole face down you can widen the jaw more? I agree with Jakincol's suggestions (above). Also she needs a little more space between the lips and nose. The whole nose needs to be shorter. Great start! From the profile it looks like the nose needs to be pulled back, made more straight up and down, and nose tip turned up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:16 AM
OK thanks so much you two. I made it so my sliders were maxed in Awsomemod and it has helped greatly!
This is the new and improved Emma Stone:
*images may be LARGE!!!

front view

profile view
Scholar
#21 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:36 AM
From the profile, pull the eyes forward and turn up the nose tip. From the front, move the cheekbones up and, maybe, make them smaller; make both lips a littler thinner top to bottom and make the bottom lip more round - less square. Move the lower eyelide apex so it is just beside the outer (toward ear) edge of the iris. Does the model have freckles? Her skintone should be a bit lighter and her hair less red - more brown. You're making great progress!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:06 AM
OK I made the changed you said. And yes Emma Stone does have freckles, just sometime her makeup covers them. I took off the freckles in the photos to show you more of her face
Does she look better with her freckles you think?
I will mess with her hair and her skin tone after her face is done the hair I think makes her color more brighter, but the hair I want for her makes her hair look darker. If that made any sense.

Am I almost complete you think?

Forum Resident
#23 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:12 AM
Hi, she's looking good!

Happy you were able to get AM, makes a big difference raising the capacity for the slider's doesn't it?

Do you have any shape in her upper lip?
I don't know I'm thinking her bottom lip needs to be a tad thicker and a tad less wide.
I think you would be much happier if you download some custom eyes. The one suggested above is a good one.

I would try rotating her brow, so that the outer end is arched up more and the inner brow (closest to the nose) is down.

I have noticed when making sims that the lipstick/gloss makes a big difference on the shape of the lips. So I try different ones until I get the look I want.

Also I love this eye make-up ... you can tone it down with the "Opacity" slider at the bottom of the make-up screen. There are three to pick from, but it's wonderful, I love it!

Dirty Glam - 3 defined and bold eye shadows! by Arisuka

Lipstick that you might like, using your own colors:

rose_sims3_makeup06.rar (page 2, #3)
Rose_Sims_3Make-up16.rar (page 6, # 1)
rose_sims3_makeup017 (page 6, # 2)

Whipped Cream Lipstick (Fixed 16 Dec 09) by HystericalParoxysm

Kiss Me Baby Lipgloss by daluved1

Same here... you can tone it down with the "Opacity" slider at the bottom of the make-up screen.

Just a suggestion, but you might like this hairstyle for now, may help in the creation process, not sure if it will fit her hairline any better or not, just a suggestion, no biggie.
Scholar
#24 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:35 AM
Outer eye corners need to come down more to make eyes more level horizontally; jaw is a bit too wide and square. Can you soften/round it a little? The whole nose should be shorter and pull the lips, chin, and jaw up to compensate. Pull the mouth back some or decrease the under bottom lip depth. The lips look "pursed" forward. Decrease the thickness of the outer bottom lip corners and make the middle of the bottom lip thicker top to bottom. Increase the nasolabial crease, if you can. Good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd May 2011 at 2:41 AM Last edited by chod3994 : 2nd May 2011 at 3:21 AM.
OK I edited the lips and eyebrows. Hopefully they are great now thanks for the links. I changed her eyes and her lipstick. I added the eyeshadow you suggested and I added some eyeliner.
I have no clue if it looks good to you. If her face looks done to you I guess it is time to choose some clothes and hair
I hope she is done soon. She looks GREAT so far but I have BAD taste haha

edit: pic updated since I read simmy's comment after I posted btw why do her cheeks go diagonal and not curved? O_O any fix?
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Helpful sim creation tips.
Page 1 of 2