Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:32 AM
will this work on macs?
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:37 AM
love this idea!! Thank you!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by samanthahh
will this work on macs?
I honestly don't know, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on macs. They basically support packages just the same, right?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:02 AM
Thank you very much! My sims, like me don't like to cook. =)

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:27 PM
Amazing! This is something you didn't know you needed until you saw it. I included a Dutch translation.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_DTCH_NL.txt (2.1 KB, 10 downloads)
Description: Dutch Translation
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:41 PM
@emilyjagt: Thanks, I've added it.

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#32 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:59 PM
Great addition to the game, like something you would expect to be in a new EP.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:37 PM
This is brilliant. I'm off to make some lazy sims real happy.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:58 PM Last edited by Shykary : 24th Jul 2010 at 5:17 PM.
Buzzle, the brazilian translation has an error that I've already fixed yesterday, but you put the old version. Could you update it? The translation is on my last post.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM
Awsome idea,thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:26 PM
Here's the updated strings for French. I fixed the categories of the meals and changed a couple of things.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_FR_FR_by_timoram26_24-07-10.txt (2.4 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Updated translations strings in French.
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
Thanks so much
I would translate it to Dutch but I see someone already did that.
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 11:20 PM
great idea
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:54 AM
I have a question, on custom worlds this mod doesn't work, right? I tried a lot of times and it didn't work. The delivery boy always fails.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:56 AM
wow i love this mod!! thank you.

can it be done so that we could order it by clicking on the phone insted of having to move the camera all the way to the resturant to place an order? and is it possible to add another pie menu for ordering many plates at once like during the same call, ex: grilled salmon and hot dogs? or just a single plate like one plate of spaghetti so its cheaper lol
btw its funny how they actually put the food in your fridge but it seems so weird! can you change that? or does it have to be like that cuz of lack of animation?

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
He could just ring the bell and give the food to the sim(it suppose to go to the inventory), would be great.
Instructor
#42 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 3:24 AM
This is excellent! One question, though - the meals will always have the default 'bistro-quality', right? Never "Outstanding" or "Perfect"?
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
I have a question, on custom worlds this mod doesn't work, right? I tried a lot of times and it didn't work. The delivery boy always fails.
There is nothing different for custom worlds; for the code they're all the same. At what stage is he failing?

Quote: Originally posted by Groosalugg
can it be done so that we could order it by clicking on the phone insted of having to move the camera all the way to the resturant to place an order?
Probably. I'll look into it.

Quote:
and is it possible to add another pie menu for ordering many plates at once like during the same call, ex: grilled salmon and hot dogs? or just a single plate like one plate of spaghetti so its cheaper lol
Well, ordering multiple plates would be possible, but I would have to break all that shiny, new code to implement it. I hope you understand that I don't like the idea of doing that.
Ordering a single plate can be done, but that just seems really pointless to me.

Quote:
btw its funny how they actually put the food in your fridge but it seems so weird! can you change that? or does it have to be like that cuz of lack of animation?
What is weird about it? It's meant to be a "fire&forget" feature, so your sims can go to work, or sleep or whatever after ordering food. Giving the meal to one of your sims or putting it down on a surface wouldn't do the trick.

Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
This is excellent! One question, though - the meals will always have the default 'bistro-quality', right? Never "Outstanding" or "Perfect"?
Correct. The meals will give your sims the same buffs as directly eating at the restaurant will.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:32 AM
here comes polish translation by me. I'm providing the original file, coded in UTF8 and UNICODE. I have no idea which one you need. Thax for teh mod.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_PL.txt (2.0 KB, 14 downloads)
Description: original
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_PL_uni.txt (4.1 KB, 15 downloads)
Description: unicode
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_PL_utf8.txt (2.1 KB, 13 downloads)
Description: utf8
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 11:55 AM
Default Polish Translation
Polish Translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_PL.rar (929 Bytes, 14 downloads)
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:40 PM
@des-demmonia: Thanks, I've uploaded it. And as of now, I need the files in UNICODE. I switched to twallan's stbl compiler which wants UNICODE. Pescado's stblc broke most special characters and now I will have to repair all my localizable mods. What a great way to spend a Sunday...

@pawloq: Sorry, des-demmonia beat you to it.

Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 1:13 PM
Fantasic idea! Thanks so much. I am going to enjoy this one.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:09 PM
SHEER genius.
That's all I have to say: Sheer. Genius.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 7:02 PM
Another great mod of yours! I've attached my European Portuguese translation below.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_POR_PT.txt (4.4 KB, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
There is nothing different for custom worlds; for the code they're all the same. At what stage is he failing?
He fails after get out the bistro or restaurant. :x
Thanks for your reply. (:
Page 2 of 13