Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM
@GTNS: Thanks, I've added it.

@Shykary: Does it immediately fail after the sim left the restaurant or does he/she route to a random lot first? Might be a timing issue. I think I can tweak that a little.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:40 PM
He immediately fails. He dissapears after he leaves the restaurant.
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
He immediately fails. He dissapears after he leaves the restaurant.
Does he get faded out or does he disappear in an instand? Are you willing to test it with a version of this mod which will annoy you with debugging interactions?

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 12:11 AM
I guess he disappears. I can test the mod with the debugging version. (:
Theorist
#55 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 6:01 AM
I was just thinking about making a mod similar to this the other day! Now I don't have to, thank you :D
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shykary
I can test the mod with the debugging version. (:
I changed my mind. Having the debugging notifications once won't be enough. Can you compress and upload the restaurant lot in question?

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 6:11 PM
Fine. I'll do it later. (:
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:43 PM
Small question, do you have to click on the bistro, or can you use the phone, too? If not, can it be added?
Test Subject
#59 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
Here are the danish tranlation.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_DA_DK.txt (2.0 KB, 16 downloads)
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 7:06 AM
Awesomeness and great idea! :D
Test Subject
#61 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 9:10 AM
Here's the Traditional Chinese (Taiwan Chinese) version.
Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_Taiwan Chinese.txt (2.8 KB, 16 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 10:20 AM Last edited by des-demmonia : 29th Jul 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the MA.boy and FA.girl are english only. You have to pick if you need different word for each gender. In norwegian it would be MA.gutt and FA.jente or MA.мальчик and FA.девушка. Some languages don't need different words for delivery person, like in polish - "dostawca" is for both genders.

The MA. FA. are used whenever you need it for different words for each gender, not exactly where they're put by Buzzler, sometimes not at all.

I don't take requests anymore. Archive of my creations: http://sims3tattoostudio.wordpress.com/
Original Poster
#63 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 4:58 PM
@Helmasaur: It's already on top of my to-do list. I have a lot on my plate right now, so have a little patience please.

@des-demmonia: You are absolutely right.

Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:02 PM
Sorry to bother you, but here's an update to my Portuguese translation. The previous one was missing a period (yes, I'm that picky).
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TakeHomeFoodsStrings_POR_PT.txt (4.4 KB, 11 downloads)
Original Poster
#65 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GTNS
Sorry to bother you, but here's an update to my Portuguese translation. The previous one was missing a period (yes, I'm that picky).
You have no idea how much I wish that every translator were that picky...

Test Subject
#66 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:38 AM
Excuse me. Here's the updated Tradional Chinese version because the previous one has not been translated good. (Strickly speaking, it's not exactly Taiwanese, but is the form of characters mostly used in Taiwan)

Please update the improved translation for us. Thank you.
Original Poster
#67 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TLSWarrior
(Strickly speaking, it's not exactly Taiwanese, but is the form of characters mostly used in Taiwan)
I know I should've asked immediately... Despite there being a couple of fundamentally different main languages all called Chinese and countless dialects, there are only two written forms, traditional and simplified, right? I'm asking because there are two language codes supported by the game: CHI_CN and TAI_CN. These were called Chinese and Taiwanese in the lists I consulted. When you install the game what are the related options really called? And BTW: The translation showed up in the right place, right?

On a side note: How are children managing that? Are they able to play TS3? The system always seems awfully complex for people who are used to a language that only uses 26 characters. But it's probably different if you grow up with it. Japan had the highest alphabetization level in the world not so long ago, so it probably isn't really harder than any other language.

Test Subject
#68 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:58 PM
You're right. I cannot think of any other written form besides Traditional and Simplified in modern usage. Of course there are other written forms but they are not commonly used for communication anymore.

No worries. The translation shows up without problem. (the menu, message about completion of service, etc) However, I've got no idea how I can make some messages like insufficient fund, message about fail service, etc get shown up. E.g. If the sim does not have enough money, the menu for the meal turns grey. There is no way to buy and thus making the message about insufficient fund meaningless. Therefore, I'm not sure if it's alright to assume that those will be implemented at latter stage ...

I've no idea that it's a complex game for the native English. Don't they develop the game themselves? It is not an easy game for us. Sometimes we get stuck in some stages because of the strange game logic. Sometimes we are misleaded to play in a wrong way because the translation has unique implied meaning besides the literal meaning in our own language. They all result in jokes when we find the facts.
Original Poster
#69 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TLSWarrior
However, I've got no idea how I can make some messages like insufficient fund, message about fail service, etc get shown up. E.g. If the sim does not have enough money, the menu for the meal turns grey. There is no way to buy and thus making the message about insufficient fund meaningless.
Some of these strings are simply not supposed to show up, because they are used when something went wrong. They are implemented though. The insufficient funds notification will show up if you had enough funds when the process started, but lowered them somehow afterwards so they're too low when your sims get actually billed. Other strings are used for the "GreyedOutTooltipCallback" and are shown when you hover with your mouse pointer over the greyed out button.

Quote:
I've no idea that it's a complex game for the native English.
I meant for Chinese children or better for children in countries in which vast amounts of characters are used. In Japan texts for children are written in Hiragana (phonetic and only about 50 characters) and texts for teenagers are written with Furigana (Hiragana next to the Kanji) to make it easier for them. That seems to be unique though.

And I guess horrid translations are pretty standard in every language. I'm no native English speaker as well, but I play all originally English games in English even if it means I have to import them.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:18 PM
Thanks a lot for this mod, I hated how some of my Sim's were never able to eat their favourite foods because they couldn't cook well enough. You have no idea how happy my Goth's are now that they can eat fancy foods every day at dinner.

The only bug I have found so far, is that the serving, doesn't have the "call for meal" interactions. It only has grab a plate, clean up and put away leftovers. I went through the main page, and through all the comments, but didn't see this mentioned.
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 1st Aug 2010 at 11:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
The only bug I have found so far, is that the serving, doesn't have the "call for meal" interactions.
Odd. Admittedly, I never tested that. I have given up on getting my sims to eat at the same time. I will look into it. Probably something about the CookingProcess. The CanCallToMeal property wants CurrentStep to be None to return true while all other methods check for None || Done. Smells like a bug in the EAxian code.

ETA: I just checked it and the "call for meal" interaction showed up fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 3:06 AM
I loved the new features, thank you again, Buzzler! *-*
Forum Resident
#73 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 11:30 AM
I have the same issue with ani_ too.
The food my sim order from bistro or diner doesn't "call for meal" interaction, but the food that sim buy takeout or cooked herself have the interaction.
Also CAS family or EA built-in family from Library don't have the "Order Food" in their cellphone at first time. I solved it by saving and reloading the family.
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:47 PM
@ani_ & anak_ponti: Should be fixed now.

Forum Resident
#75 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:05 AM
The "call for meal" interaction works fine now.

But CAS family or EA built-in family still don't have the "Order Food" in their cellphone at first time. Instead, they have it in wallphone or tablephone. Not a big issue for me, though.
Page 3 of 13