Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 13
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#126 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matthew099
Mine's not working either...the pie menu isn't changed in the game, everthings updated...what am i doing wrong?
Study the Package Tutorial again and make sure that you follow it exactly. Also if you at some point used the pre-Ambitions way to install mods, make sure that you have no leftovers of it in any of the installation directories.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM
This is truely great. Thank you for your time and effort!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 6:52 AM
how under appreciated is this mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#129 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 5:55 PM
This mod has been a must have for my sims who can afford it (using the ingredients overhaul mod), thank you!

Can the blood soup (normally buyable from the food truck) be added to the non-veggy menu? My vampires will howl your name in the night if you do! I really wanted to play a non-biting vampire but got tired of running after the foodtruck.

Less important: can all the foodtruck foods be added? Nachos, Hotdogs and such? I haven't seen those in the menu - If I'm wrong blame it on my bad eyesight lol - If yes, can the food retain their specificity? (greasy moodlet, random intoxication moodlet etc). Of course they should be less expensive, due to their quality. That would be totally awesome!

Quote: Originally posted by Sushi7892
hi, i think your mod is awesome! But i was disappointed to find that you couldnt order cups of coffee, so please (athough it may be tricky) could you update this mod so you can order cups of coffee

Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I don't think I feel like doing that. "Hot beverages" are pretty much pointless in the game. So why bother?

Not anymore with this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=347048
It adds energy and substract bladder, just like sims2 coffee! I tested it and it works perfectly. That idea of hot beverage being delivered is pretty cool.
Original Poster
#130 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:20 PM
MiniMimi: It'd probably make more sense to make a non-moving foodtruck with the possibility to buy takeout from it. I'll think about it.

Quote:
Not anymore with this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=347048
It adds energy and substract bladder, just like sims2 coffee!
A room divider for TS2 does that?

Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:20 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 20th Mar 2011 at 11:34 PM.
A room divider for TS2 does that?

What the... ?! Oh the lulz, it's missing a number at the end *facepalm* Here's the correct one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=3470482
Oops.

It'd probably make more sense to make a non-moving foodtruck with the possibility to buy takeout from it. I'll think about it.
Like maybe making a rabbit hole carpet retaining the options of the foodtruck? Then all we'ld have to do a build a small snack and put it inside!
Original Poster
#132 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:32 PM
MiniMimi: Still, I don't see the point of *ordering* hot beverages, so it's not likely that I'll do it.

Regarding the foodtruck I was more thinking of taking the actual foodtruck object and use the foodtruck interactions plus some takeout interactions and maybe even stuff to order hot beverages at it. Or maybe I can poke a mesher to make me a snack stand based on the foodtruck...

Top Secret Researcher
#133 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:49 PM
Yes, ordering hot beverages isn't so important, it only avoided having a coffee machine at home... And the idea of a guy delivering a single mug was really funny ^^

Ooh interesting, a stand or even a vending machine would be indeed better than a rabbit hole carpet. We could set up relax spaces at work lots, like a small canteen area. A bench, a snack stand/vending machine and a trashbin would be enough; i.e. grab some food, have a coffee and go on with other tasks. All the commercial lots would benefit from that, nightclubs, parcs etc... I love this idea! I don't recall seeing stand meshes yet, but I saw a vending machine on ClubCrimsyn, extracted from Silent Hill!
Test Subject
#134 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 11:48 AM
I have done finnish translation, but i just don't know how can i put it here D:
Somebody help?
Original Poster
#135 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarppe
I have done finnish translation, but i just don't know how can i put it here D:
Click on Reply on this post or Go Advanced on the Quick Reply thingy. There will be a Manage Attachments menu.

Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:00 PM
Hi Buzzler.

another work 4 U - czech translation added :-)
Please PM me after upload it to your mod, I'll test it in-game.

Mari
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_Buzzler_1119840_TakeHomeFoodsStrings_CZ.rar (832 Bytes, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#137 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Avey : 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:41 PM.
This is an amazing mod. The mod of mods! lol You do not know how long I have wanted take out food. Now there is a reason to select higher level food for my non-cooking sim's fav

Though I am wondering ... since vampires can eat food made with plasma fruit (Pancakes, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Stu Surprise, Cobbler, and Crepes [WA] ) it would be nice to see a third option aside from 'Meaty' and 'Vegetarian.'

But I thank you for this dream mod You do great work, Buzzler.

EDIT: ...fourth option aside from...and 'Deserts.' :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 27th May 2011 at 1:15 PM
It's fantastic! Thank you for million times. You've helped my sims to do useful things in their free time instead of cooking!
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:17 PM
Hi there. First of all thank you so much for this mod. It's brilliant and I do love it. I have have had some issues though with sims freezing when ordering food over the cellphone. (They completely freeze and I have to reset them.) I'm wondering if my game is borked or there could be an issue? I have all of the expansions (though I haven't installed Generations yet.) I also have many other mods installed including pretty much all of NRA's, a few of shimrod's, and awesomemod. Thanks.

---> Do your part <---
Support a free site today
Original Poster
#140 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:01 PM
autumnfoxx, did you patch your game? If your game isn't patched and you use the most recent version of this mod, it won't work.

Lab Assistant
#141 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:34 AM
Game is fully patched using the patch utility from mod the sims. However I may have had an older version of the mod itself.

---> Do your part <---
Support a free site today
Test Subject
#142 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:09 PM
Does this work with Generations ?
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 4:30 AM
also, do you have plans to merge this with moar interactions, or will you keep it separate for now?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 6:39 PM
I Always hated having to go to the bistro when my sims couldnt cook without burning the house down.Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:18 PM
I think there is a problem with the pets version... When 24-hours restaurant npc delivers a food, creates an error.
Original Poster
#146 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jw0106
I think there is a problem with the pets version... When 24-hours restaurant npc delivers a food, creates an error.
Please elaborate. I need specifics.

Test Subject
#147 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:13 PM
For your information, a response from Twallan regarding a script error I posted to his site's Error Trap section:

"Buzz_TakeHomeFoods.TakeHome+FoodDeliverySituation+GoHome:Init (Buzz_TakeHomeFoods.TakeHome/FoodDeliverySituation)

This is from Buzzler's mod.

I will leave the script log up for a while, so you can direct them here to review it. "

Many thanks for your assistance.
Original Poster
#148 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:21 AM
@Ltrskn: Try now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:35 AM
Why, thank you. I love Your mods. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#150 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:22 PM
Firstly thank you.
Your mod is great!
But when I use my sims take too long to make an interaction.
With animals is normal it only with the sims.
Do you have a way to fix this?
Page 6 of 13