Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Business as Unusual Bistro Set - Updated for 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM by ani_

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Alchemist
#51 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 7:32 AM
But why did you change things that did not have to change, like the chef outfits and that things with the shifts?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
But why did you change things that did not have to change, like the chef outfits and that things with the shifts?

Because I didn't like the way it worked. With EA's version you can only have 1 shift per oven and only pre-defined working hours, with this you can have multiple in one and have a 24h working restaurant if you so choose without having to have multiple ovens on the lot.

With the chef's outfit, you can change it via MC.

You can always use EA's version if you don't like the changes, this mod doesn't break it. So you can have one restaurant working with this and one the way EA did it.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:58 AM
Thanks a lot it works fine so far, only, as mentioned, that
- the cooking skills vanish

But I also found out that when I set the 1. shift to end at 17:00 and the 2. to start at 17:00
- the cook and waiter for the 2. appear a few minutes befor 18:00

Is it possible to also set specific minutes in the future?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 9:51 PM
I just tried this in game and really like the new options you have added to the Bistro tools !!! Is there a way to add the option to set the uniform for the chef and the wait staff? I think they all showed up in their default outfits, and it wouldn't let me edit them in CAS because they weren't in a changeable type of uniform. Thanks for considering the possibility :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:54 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us, pity you don't work for EA
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:13 AM
I just bought the venue today, just to test out this mod! I've wanted it forever! Thanks for you fixes! I can't wait to see more updates!
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 9:48 AM
Thank you, this is working great, the chef stays which is a huge improvement on what we had before, and you made it very easy to set up!

I would like to give some feedback as to how it's working in my game. I have the celebrity system on and the chef is constantly stopping work to ask for autographs, take photo etc. When this happens the npc sims waiting to order have that cancelled. My own sims weren't able to order either as the chef kept stopping and running over to various celebs in the bowling alley. Is this something you could consider looking into?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 11:25 AM
Thank you for this, I can't wait to try it out. If it's indeed working as it should, then I'm actually somewhat surprised that this wasn't selected as a featured upload - or even as picked. Well, perhaps the powers that be are waiting for it to be completed in some way.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 11:10 PM
ani I love you! ;) Thanks for your hard work on this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:21 AM
Thank you!!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#61 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 9:00 AM
Thank you again ani, I bought this venue today thanks to this mod!
Alchemist
#62 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 9:59 AM
How do I install it? Nothing changed when I did put it in packages and neither did it in overrides
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:51 PM
Amazing! My biggest peeve with the restaurant system is the never-ending popup messages about chefs not making it into work. With this incredible mod, the content will surely feel brand new again. I also LOVE the idea of Sims drinking water. Thank you!

Out of curiosity, are you considering an overhaul of Midnight Hollow's shop system? That, like the the bistro, is quite flawed and limited so you might be able to work your magic on that too.

Many thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:24 PM
Thank you Ani I love you
Field Researcher
#65 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:34 PM
ani - Once again, you just blew me away! Your improvements on EA's feeble attempt to introduce TS2-style restaurants into TS3 (which they should have done from the start) are fabulous! I really hated that the chef was also the waiter/waitress. What Executive Chef do you know who would wait tables?! Can't wait to replace the EA BAU set with yours. It will make my TS3 Londoste Restaurant conversion more like the TS2 original. Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!!
Alchemist
#66 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 9:30 PM
Thank you Ani! Just tested it out and it was a great mod. A bit exhausting to dress all the workers but still a great mod! Thank you so much!
My chef tried to walk home all the time but got teleported back to the kitchen, I feel like it's my prison or something she tried to quit work!
I wished you could make a mod where the only change is that chefs never quit work (like, '' I can't work today '') like in a single mod or something.
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 10:45 PM
Thank you so much for this! This is a huge improvement on EA's attempt.

I also wanted to input that I have Shimrod's mod mentioned earlier as well as this and don't have or at least, have yet to see any problems with conflict.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:20 PM
I really appreciate your work ! Well done ! ;)
Field Researcher
#69 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:35 AM
I absolutely love this mod!

But I have quite a few issues that practically render it unusable for me, which sucks.

First of all... When I was in edit town, buy mode on a community restaurant lot, trying to replace the EA ones with these ones, I couldn't find the ovens and menus. They just didn't show up at all. Then when I went back to my game and my active sim visited the lot, I used "testingcheatsenabled true" to buy/build on the lot without going to edit town, and the ovens and menus appeared there. Both the modded ones and EA ones. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be, I watched the video and I'm not sure whether when you were showing both ovens, you were using a cheat to make them both appear...

So anyway, I switched EA's menus and ovens with the modded ones and it was all well and good. I went back to live mode to set and enable shifts. I had 2 ovens on the lot, and set 2 shifts for 8 to 10. So one chef and one waiter for each oven. They all arrived (except for the waiter I set for the second oven), I used MC to change their jobs/outfits, etc. And 15 seconds into their shifts, they all switch outfits and leave, never to return for the day. :/

Next day, they came back (that one waiter didn't arrive again), worked for 30 minutes and then all went home again. I'm not sure what's going on. Is it because shifts can't overlap? It is not possible to have multiple ovens with chefs working at the same times?
Alchemist
#70 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 11:15 AM
^ I don't know what the problem could be, but are you sure you've only got 1 shift and the right oven? It should show a package-file icon under it.

And I noticed that if you want them to stick too their outfit (they put on work-outfits when they are making food but sometimes they change into everyday clothing) so you have to change both the work and everyday-clothing.

I noticed that when the waiter is going to go and get the ordet she opens a slot that is under the chef's bench and the slot goes through the chef and it looks .. pretty bad. I know it is hard to fix but just some feedback
I havent tried dining with the kids yet but otherwise I love this mod, it looks so cute to see my waiter serving food to people.
Thank you once again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 1:47 PM
YOU ROCK, you genius! *smoooooches*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luisa's Bones
I absolutely love this mod!

But I have quite a few issues that practically render it unusable for me, which sucks.

First of all... When I was in edit town, buy mode on a community restaurant lot, trying to replace the EA ones with these ones, I couldn't find the ovens and menus. They just didn't show up at all. Then when I went back to my game and my active sim visited the lot, I used "testingcheatsenabled true" to buy/build on the lot without going to edit town, and the ovens and menus appeared there. Both the modded ones and EA ones. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be, I watched the video and I'm not sure whether when you were showing both ovens, you were using a cheat to make them both appear...

So anyway, I switched EA's menus and ovens with the modded ones and it was all well and good. I went back to live mode to set and enable shifts. I had 2 ovens on the lot, and set 2 shifts for 8 to 10. So one chef and one waiter for each oven. They all arrived (except for the waiter I set for the second oven), I used MC to change their jobs/outfits, etc. And 15 seconds into their shifts, they all switch outfits and leave, never to return for the day. :/

Next day, they came back (that one waiter didn't arrive again), worked for 30 minutes and then all went home again. I'm not sure what's going on. Is it because shifts can't overlap? It is not possible to have multiple ovens with chefs working at the same times?

Sorry you are having so much trouble.
What I suggest is have just one oven on the lot. Make sure that works and then add the other. I have tried with multiple ovens on one lot but it was a while back, who knows I might have broken something with the newer code. The objects should be there regardless how you enter the lot. I was using awesome which is why I could switch straight to the build/buy mode without having to go through the cheats.

With the clothing I have had no problem once I set their outfit, they use it when they start working. Do you have twallan's dresser mode and rotation of outfits enabled? The waiter who doesn't show up, are you sure she's free when she's suppose to? Try with somebody else. Make sure they don't have RH jobs. If they are jobless the game might give them jobs because somebody else needs co-workers. Try giving them a self employed job.

It sounds like your game might be pulling these people somewhere else. I know my teen chef just walked off the lot at midnight even though he still had 3 hours to go. I think the game just decided to have him go home because of his age. With adult staff I never had this problem. That's why I suggest you start with one oven, make sure your staff are free when they should be and see how it goes.

ZenGarden: Nothing much I can do about the animations. It's what EA gave us. But glad you are enjoying the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 11:03 PM
You're amazing, I can't thank you enough <3!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 6:04 PM
Thank You so much for this! I use most off your mods and they help my game so much.
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 2:56 AM
base game only, so this only works with the sims 3 only no esp's.
Page 3 of 9