Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Business as Unusual Bistro Set - Updated for 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM by ani_

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 3:07 PM
wow, fantastic job! :) Love how the chefs and waiters are split. I hope you can work out the workers to route to work that would be awesome! I hate things just popping in the game -.-
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#102 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 6:56 PM
Very complex mod, kudos for your wonderful work! Is it possible to make the idle waiter animations (I know, more complexity, LOL!) similar to the resort maintenance workers? (Sweeping or fixing things on the lot?) That would be pretty sweet.

Very much appreciate your thoroughness in creating the video tutorial too - a lot of simmers love to learn with video instead of reading long instructions. Plus videos cut down significantly on how-to-use questions, so great job there.
Test Subject
#103 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 1:00 PM
There are two download files so which one do i need? or do I need both of them?
Test Subject
#104 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:59 PM Last edited by lizzie88 : 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:50 PM.
Mine doesn't work. Do I need to download something first? It says no interactions available.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 10:17 PM
I actually figures out it wasn't this mod that made my game crash. Do you think you could create mod for the registers , like in sims 2 , how the wait in line and leave with a bag ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 2:18 AM
You totally rock for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 11:24 PM
Im so happy for this mod and thats why I have a request. I wish I could use the pizzaoven and the sushi teppanyaki table on a community lot. Not only for random sims to use, but the opportunity to hire a sims to make pizza and sushi. Hope you will look at it:-)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#108 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 8:54 PM
I think the latest one is made for patch 1.63
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 10:19 PM
Great, but which file is the right one to download?
Test Subject
#110 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:16 AM
An update to my thanks...

Does the lot have to be a specific type? I only ask because I have it set up in an "Exclusive Club", and neither the chef nor the waiters come in to work. :-(
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 8:35 AM
Very awesome! Thank you so much! I'm also happy you change the food menu dialog.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 4:09 PM
Thank you so much, this makes everything much more user-friendly!

I was wondering if there isn't some simple tweak that would enable sims to just wear their Everyday outfits to work, instead of switching to Work outfits? I tried using MC to switch them during play, but they undid my efforts instantaneously.

Again, thanks for the awesome creation!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 12:51 AM
Love it, many thanks.
Test Subject
#114 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:11 PM Last edited by void2812 : 30th Nov 2013 at 4:41 PM.
Great mod! I've noticed that you that we can alter their work uniforms. I did. But it seems like they reset when they come back to work again. Do you think you could fix this?

To all those who havn't figured it out yet if you are patched to version 1.63 you need the file marked as ani_BistroSet 1.63.rar.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 4:36 PM
you made the set a lot better! i'd love to see a mod for the black jack, poker or roulette table to ask other sims to play!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#116 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by void2812
Great mod! I've noticed that you that we can alter their work uniforms. I did. But it seems like they reset when they come back to work again. Do you think you could fix this?

Use MC and give them a RH full time job, this will give them a permanent work outfit. Then use MC again and give them a self employed career. If you now edit the work outfit, it will stick.

XsauroxPlayer: A mod like this exist in the sims asylumn.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:34 AM
Thank you!!! i was so disappointed when i purchased the business as usual venue.....
Test Subject
#118 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 2:30 AM
I really like your mod ani_, but you create an update for this mod that pushes the chef sims to leave the lot after their shift is over? They are starting to collect in my house and I feel like they're getting too comfortable...
Test Subject
#119 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 12:52 PM
This mod will not work in my game, and I don't have the one from EA either... is the one from EA one I should get separately? and if so do you know where to get it? And last :-) does your mod not work without the one from EA? :-)

And I really love your mods :-)
Test Subject
#120 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:15 PM
Rubberdog93 You must have the original set from EA in order for this mod to work. The mod is coded to depend on the content to function properly.
Test Subject
#121 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:18 AM
Hi Ani! First of all thank you for this amazing mod! I love it!

I have a sort-of suggestion. While I love using your mod, after a while I am constantly bombarded by messages saying "Chef couldn't be found for shift". This mod will work for a few Sim days but then this message pops up all the time.

I use MC to set an NPC to have a Gardner career so if they have a career they aren't pushed to it. But eventually I get that message. I then have to go through the entire process of setting up the mod again. Would it be possible to make an alternative, simplified version? Where the Bistro Oven and Menu function like EA's (spawning a random chef ETC), but allow us to have the 'Dine With' option and still allow children to use the menu?
Test Subject
#122 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 5:08 AM
Default The usual bistro
Rubberdog93 You must have the original set from EA in order for this mod to work. The mod is coded to depend on the content to function properly.

The original set from EA cost simpoints and i have NONE. do anybody got a good link to it? Or have a way to get free points so i can buy
that bistro set that i want.. or actually need... im despret. please guys!
Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 6:06 PM

Okay, thanks where do I find the original EA set then?, I can't find it in the store... Or maybe I just don't know where to look... Do you know where to find it in the store maybe?
Scholar
#124 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rubberdog93
Okay, thanks where do I find the original EA set then?, I can't find it in the store... Or maybe I just don't know where to look... Do you know where to find it in the store maybe?

Here is the link to the Business as Usual Bistro set on the EA site.
And its on sale:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...700&source=sale
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 4:18 PM
This is fabulous! Merci Beacoup!
Page 5 of 9