Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Corax : 9th Jan 2022 at 10:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Safe to remove custom pet template?
I have the Hyenas from here. I stuck them in my game to see how they would look in CAS but never ended up using them. Problem is, over time most of my large dog adoption pool ended up being full of hyenas. Now I'm wondering whether it is safe to remove the hyena files from my game.

I found this on The Sims Wiki on game corruption:
Quote:
Delete custom or geneticized/townified skins or eyes
This will cause all Sims who were using the deleted skin or eyes to have corrupt DNA. You will have to fix the DNA of all affected Sims individually in SimPE.

I have no clue about modding and how custom sim skins and pet skins work and whether they function the same.

To sum up:
In my neighborhood have no owned pets with the hyena skin, I have never encountered a stray with the hyena skin, and I have some pups and adults with the hyena skin in the adoption pool.
So my question: Is it safe to remove the hyena pet templates?

ETA: I do in fact have a stray with the hyena skin in my neighborhood.