Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nautilus lamps

by Lethe_s Posted 22nd Apr 2008 at 10:30 PM

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 3:19 PM
I also get bright pink/purple lights. I have all the EPs and re-downloaded them but they still don't work. Suggestions?
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 2:12 AM
I'm having the same problem, too. Maybe they're not compatible with anything after Free Time?

They look great regardless...
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:01 PM
I have all the EPs up to FreeTime, and I've also got flashing pink lights, even after I reinstalled them. Are they incompatible with FreeTime, or is it because I have the Radiance Lighting System?
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 5:33 AM
Pretty! Thanks very much.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 10:43 PM
wonderful thanks - been looking for more steampunk stuff!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 7:33 AM
Has anyone ever found a fix for the fuchsia-colored lights issue? I've got the same problem, and I've got all EP's . . .

EDIT:
I'm also using the Radiance Lighting System.

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar!
Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
--- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lúthien's Middle-earth
http://www.luthien-tinuviel.net

Lúthien Doesn't Live Here
http://amyluthien.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:31 PM
I'm going to take this lights out since I'm having the same problem of them not working right and wanting to glow the wrong color. I am pretty sure I don't have the radiance lighting system so it must be something to do with the animations/mesh or whatever itself. It's really too bad, they are nice looking in the previews but don't work the way they should.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k24601
I'm going to take this lights out since I'm having the same problem of them not working right and wanting to glow the wrong color. I am pretty sure I don't have the radiance lighting system so it must be something to do with the animations/mesh or whatever itself. It's really too bad, they are nice looking in the previews but don't work the way they should.

I'm not using the Radiance Lighting either, and the same thing happens to me. The lamps appear bright pink with a very faint glow, and no animation. I have Sims2 Double Deluxe, which comes with Nightlife and Celebration Stuff, and I haven't added any other expansion packs.

I still use the lamps for a steampunk/cybergoth effect in several of my lots, but I really wish the animations worked! :[ Regardless, these are great!
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordia_eris
Same here, except I get bright pink/purple

I'm suffering from the same thing
Instructor
THANKS POST
#35 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 5:01 PM
These look Fantastiq! My mad scientist sims thank you greatly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:55 PM
these are wonderful. THANKS!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:35 AM
You are the Best :lovestruc - thank you.
Banned
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:57 AM
I'm having the same problem, I went in game and searched for the lamps...and was readily disappointed when I saw that they were flashing purplish -pinkish. I was wondering do you know what could possibly cause this problem and how to fix it...because I would really love to use these on my Scientist LOT! Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:05 PM
Thank you ! :))
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:57 PM
I also have the pink problem. Is there really no one who could fix it?
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
I have found that the problem with the lights is similar to fish not showing up in fishtanks and ponds. if you use the boolProp useShaders true cheat then the lights show up like normal
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 12:23 AM
Thank you
Page 2 of 2