Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop from inventory - Updated for Patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#126 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:24 PM
I seem to be getting it to work with the latest patch! Great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 4:49 AM
OK I have a few questions. First what type of register would you use? Consignment, Food...ect. ( making the pastry shop)
Also I put my items in the chest, when I go to the register it doesn't bring up the shop for inventory options. Should it be installed in just the mod folder or mod then packages?
Test Subject
#128 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM
Hope someone is still active with this great mod. I have a problem, The only interaction that I have for the food register is call to meal and a "grayed out" browse button. When I hover on the browse, it says shop is closed. Sims visiting does not buy anything. What can be the problem.

The register and chest seems to be working fine since the plates of food shows up in the food register. Only that on the screenshots it has like 5 different interaction and I only have 2.

Here is what i have installed.
Sims 3 Base game
Sims 3: WA
Patched to 1.38
Field Researcher
#129 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:55 PM
Just a little thing relating to the naming convention used. Could you possibly name the uploads with the alpha characters for the month instead of numbers? ie. -- Nov 9 or Sep 11? Depending on where in the world you're from, the 2 are easily confused when shown as numbers only. 9-11 to me is the same as 11-9 to a large part of the world! It isn't hard to figure out when downloading, but when I get around to installing the mods, I have to double-check to make sure I've got the most current version.
The mod sounds amazing. I never played Sims 2 and have no idea what "OFB" is, but I love the idea of having a shop on a community lot. Gardening and nectar making is my preferred method of getting rich, now I can build an honest to goodness vineyard. Thanks for this.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:01 PM
This is a really amazing mod, but it breaks the Seasons concession stands. NRaas ErrorTrap says it's caused by something in the customized "Buy" interactions. If you could fix that, it would be great.
Scholar
#131 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:02 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 16th Nov 2012 at 11:16 PM.
Hi Ani, I see that your mod is okay with patch 1.42, but since installing Seasons, when I try to send a sim to buy something from the Food Concession stand in the park at the Seasonal Festival, the assigned sim at the stand jumps and disappears. A script error appears in the Documents folder from Error Trap stating your mod as the cause. Any ideas?

(Ninja'd by Zerbu, who explained it so much clearer!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#132 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hi Ani, I see that your mod is okay with patch 1.42, but since installing Seasons, when I try to send a sim to buy something from the Food Concession stand in the park at the Seasonal Festival, the assigned sim at the stand jumps and disappears. A script error appears in the Documents folder from Error Trap stating your mod as the cause. Any ideas?

I just got seasons, but haven't had the time to test all things. I'll try this out and make a fix.
Test Subject
#133 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 2:17 PM
Default Help me please
Hello,
I can't download mod.
Help me please.
I do not speak English very well so I use a translator.

Test Subject
#134 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 1:38 AM
First of all, absolutely perfect mod!
I've recognized an issue, I don't know if it's all mine or anyone else is experiencing it too, but my sims reset when they try to buy junk food from seasonal stalls.
So, I thought it might need tweaking!
Thank you a universe!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#135 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:12 AM
Hope this is updated before Christmas, thanks alot for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#136 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:40 PM
Does this work if you don't have WA but you have nraas' consigner mod?
Field Researcher
#137 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101

Same thing for me... the "Buy" option is glitched and doesn't work on Seasons stands. So I've just removed the mod and will wait for a new update..
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 1:25 PM
Same for me.
Hope you will be able to update soon and thank you for this great mod anyway

Live your dream.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#139 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 5:28 PM
Sorry for the late response. The mod is indeed broken with the seasonal stands, and I have a fix for it but I ended up adding some new functionality to the mod at the same time and didn't have time to test the new features in my main game, I only tested it in the test hood. That's why the update is a bit late. Sorry for this I'll update this weekend when I'm done testing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:48 AM
Your mod is awesome ^_^!Thank you so much!!!!!
Will guests automatically come to our shop ??!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#141 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theblue142
Your mod is awesome ^_^!Thank you so much!!!!!
Will guests automatically come to our shop ??!

Yes as long as you choose a lot type that attracts people, like hang out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:50 AM
I set my community is visitor allowed.

I try to search for shopping register but I can't see it anywhere.

I try with food register, Call to Meal, but I don't earn any money from that ??!

What should I do ??! Just me can't buy from inventory, I use custome food, put it in treasure chest!

Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#143 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:22 AM
I try to search for shopping register but I can't see it anywhere.

There is no new register for this mod, it uses the existing ones.

Quote:
I try with food register, Call to Meal, but I don't earn any money from that ??!
You have to own the community lot to gain money. Have your sim buy the lot. I don't think you can buy a visitors allowed lot so you might need to change it. My bakery/café is a "Hangout", and there are days when it's the hotspot of the day and I get a lot of customers.

Quote:
What should I do ??! Just me can't buy from inventory, I use custome food, put it in treasure chest!
Any items in a treasure chest in the community lot will be for sale. I also use custom food pastries. Put them in the chest (that has to be on the lot or in the lot owner's home lot) and you can buy from the inventory.
Test Subject
#144 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:02 PM
_ Yeah, Now, I totally understand! Thank you so so much

_ But, I wonder, how long do guests buy food from my inventory, to get inform like you that (from your picture: )

_ I just recieve money from guest buying normal food, not from my inventory ??!

_ I'm waiting, and not patient anymore

Thank you :lovestruc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#145 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 5:31 PM
_ Yeah, Now, I totally understand! Thank you so so much

_ But, I wonder, how long do guests buy food from my inventory, to get inform like you that (from your picture: )

_ I just recieve money from guest buying normal food, not from my inventory ??!

_ I'm waiting, and not patient anymore

Thank you :lovestruc

Sometimes sims buy from the inventory, sometimes they don't. You only get the pop-up if a sim in the active household buys with this mods. With in-active sims they decided to buy something they'll buy one random item and leave the lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:46 AM Last edited by theblue142 : 1st Dec 2012 at 6:08 AM.
_ I let my sim in my active household buy a cake in inventory. But Pop up doesn't show up.

_ I see my sim auto use your mod to buy food, but don't see pop up!

_ When guests buy food, I see cash charge to my household funds!

Thank you so much!

And so sorry because annoying you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#147 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 2:04 PM
Thank you for this wonderful mod. <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#148 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 6:54 PM
Thanks for updating for seasons <3
Test Subject
#149 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 9:34 PM
I wanted to thank you! This mod is really great! But, there is a little bug that I've found... For the food register, when you want to click on it, nothing happens... You can actually just buy food by clicking on the cashier... I tried to find wich mod was doing this because with no mods it worked. So, I tried the game only with this mod and it didn't worked anymore... I could only buy food by clicking on the cashier. Could you try to fix that please?

Sorry if my English is really bad...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mada14didi
For the food register, when you want to click on it, nothing happens... You can actually just buy food by clicking on the cashier... I tried to find wich mod was doing this because with no mods it worked. So, I tried the game only with this mod and it didn't worked anymore... I could only buy food by clicking on the cashier. Could you try to fix that please?

Sometimes when you place a new food register the interactions don't get added, then you can just save and re-load the save and they will be there when the game is opened again. The cashier interactions are as is, all EA code, my mod only changes the interactions on the register.

It should add the interactions when a new object is bought, and I do remember it doing it before so I must have changed something at some point, but it's on my list of things to fix.
Page 6 of 9