Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Softlism : 11th Jan 2022 at 8:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Photoshop questions: removing a base paint part | Manipulating an insometric photo
1. How to delete the stucco part of this wall with the selection tool without making it look pixelated? Would the Feather checkbox do the job? I use CC 2017. EDIT: solved by myself.

2. I want to manipulate the angle of a map view from TS4 to recreate the road layout in HoodPlanner. So I want to manipulate the map from this angle into an angle similar to this, but I wouldn't mind that the rest of the map looks distorted as I only want to get a better view of the road layout. How should I do that with the Skew and Warp tools?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 7:44 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Jan 2022 at 7:58 PM.
1: You mean the entire white area of the stucco? If you look at the layers, the "Timber_Framing_Basic" looks to have a white interior. Hide everything but this layer, mark the white interior (if you're lucky it's invisible/transparent and will get you clean lines), and then you should have the stucco parts marked when you unhide everything.

You can also use the square marking tool, or the polygon marking tool. They give cleaner lines than the wand marking tool (you can change the feathering for all the marking tools).

You can also use layers (contrast, levels, greytone/black&white, or similar) to up the contrast, and then make your selection from the contrasted picture. Then you can make your selection, and remove the layer with the effect once you're done.

If you make sure to use mask layers, you can edit your selection after having made it, via the alpha channel.

2: Not entirely sure what you mean...
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 8:43 PM
@simmer22 thank you. I had a Maxis wall as the bottom layer for comparison, but the Timberframing layer has a textured interior so I didn't get smooth lines when using the Magic Wand Tool and the frame isn't exactly 90° angled.

2. I've tried to visually explain it with the box perspective examples. I want to manipulate the perspective of the TS4 map such that the roads are at their straightest from a certain camera angle. So I want to pretend that I see the map from a top front view with the hope to straighten the roads so I can replicate it a bit in TS2. Hope my wording makes sense. (English isn't my first language)
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 8:18 PM
Update: I've discovered myself this Photoshop tutorial for smoothening out the edges, so I can carry on with editing walls.