Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 6:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it safe to change names of duplicated sims?
Hi! I recently started a new game in Belladona Cove! I installed the clean template before beggining, and everything seemed normal until I noticed some sims are duplicating/cloning themselves?
It seems that it happens fairly often from some other threads I've read, with some solutions. I checked on SimPE and looks like every duplicate is considered a different sim by the game?
Checking on SimPE I noticed a lot of duplicates are from the garden club, for example. Also all duplicates seem to be townies.
As the title says, I was wondering if I could simply change the duplicate sims names in either SimPE or in-game with some mod, along with their clothes so it stops looking like the same sim. Would it be safe? What's the best way to go about it?
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:25 PM
If the duplicates are indeed different Sims, yes, it would be safe to change their names.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If the duplicates are indeed different Sims, yes, it would be safe to change their names.

I'm gonna do that (and another backup just in case), thank you!