Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:12 PM
Default Just Wondering About Age??
Ok you guys I have been wondering about this for the past month, do you guys think that birthdays will be more realistic? Do you think that our sims will experience the joys of actual age, such as 13, 12, 11, 43, etc. Do you think when our sims have their birthday a box will appear in the upper right corner telling us our sim just turned 6,7, 50, etc?? Whats you guys opinion?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:31 PM
It would be really nice. Even if they don't actually grow physically gradually taller/older.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:11 PM
I like the birthday idea for the partys and family invitations. But... I wonder how they can be included with a gradual aging.
Of course there is no certitude for now that the aging will be progressive but if it's the case birthdays could be or not celebrated ? For exemple, a child is at a stade to grown to a teen (he have slowly grown and he's not a child no more :p) can he celebrate his birthday with his family and friends ? Or there is simply a box to warn he's no more a child now. Really I wonder.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 6:35 PM
Perhaps they only celebrate the special birthday like 10, 16, 20, 30 and so on. I mean right now a sim age around a year every day - that would be to many birthdays for my taste

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macthekat
Perhaps they only celebrate the special birthday like 10, 16, 20, 30 and so on. I mean right now a sim age around a year every day - that would be to many birthdays for my taste

Yeah that really would be, but what if age is actually GRADUAL, like sims have year now, and they grow like humans, and they have a birthday, I think this will be the case!!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
Yeah that really would be, but what if age is actually GRADUAL, like sims have year now, and they grow like humans, and they have a birthday, I think this will be the case!!

That sounds like itd be getting too close to real time... I don't want my simmies to age in real time, I want them to age many hundreds of times faster than me.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
That sounds like itd be getting too close to real time... I don't want my simmies to age in real time, I want them to age many hundreds of times faster than me.

Haha, I dont mean the same time span as humans, maybe a year could maybe be 3-4 sim days!!! That sounds about right!!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
Haha, I dont mean the same time span as humans, maybe a year could maybe be 3-4 sim days!!! That sounds about right!!

Either way it seems like a lot. Cause if life expectancy is 70 years, thats 210-280 sim days... which is a huge amount of sim time... I get bored after three generations (~180 days) in ts2, so if one generation is that long.... geez. It'd be better if ages were still body meshes IMO, but they had a huge number of them. Infant, toddler, preschool, child, tween, teen, young adult, middle age, elder.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:14 AM
Well since every 24 Hours = 1 sim year, that means every sim would have their birthday everyday, clashing with their friends, parents, grandparents, etc, You won't have no time for peace and quiet, so I personality hope not.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 2:07 PM
Yeah that makes sense, that would be a heck of a long time Furry!!!
#11 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:07 PM
this most certanly will NOT happen because of the aging system we have, witch won't change too much in sims 3... sims 1, maybe, sims 3, not
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:10 PM
I agree with macthekat and I think that maybe they'll only celebrate the major birthdays. Or maybe even just when they go to each life stage? Like when a baby is nearing its 2nd birthday and they're about to 'become' a toddler, you could celebrate their birthday then.