Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:27 AM
Default Anybody else have a random ghost squatter?
I bought the Supernatural EP and am playing in the new neighborhood... And the amusing thing is, there is a ghost in my Sims 3 house. The ghost never leaves, he is friendly with all of my sims, sleeps on a bed, eats with the sims, and everything... And yet, he's not a part of my household. I thought about adding him to the household, but he'd make an ugly sim.

Is this a new Supernatural feature? Has anybody else had a random ghost squatter in their house?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:43 AM
Perhaps you got a haunted magic gnome?
I noticed some random ghosts spawning in my home, looking at the game files it seems the gnome spawn those sometimes.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:56 AM
Yeah I think they do, I got a Magic Ghost Gnome via the buydebug cheat, and later there's this ghost that just won't leave, tried finding her grave and nothing, so I figured it had to be the gnome and deleted it, she left afterwards.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 6:25 PM
The Gnome of the Damned spawns a ghost after spending a couple of days on your home lot; I'm not sure if it can create more than one, or if the ghost type corresponds with the gnome's color. The blue gnome I had spawned a drowned ghost, but a few days later the gnome turned yellow and hasn't spawned another ghost yet.
I certainly appreciate the addition, since this means that my 'haunted' lots can actually be haunted!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 3:01 AM
I think it was the gnome. I found one somehow, not sure how. I find the ghost pretty amusing, so I'm letting him stick around. xD
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tasselcat
The Gnome of the Damned spawns a ghost after spending a couple of days on your home lot; I'm not sure if it can create more than one, or if the ghost type corresponds with the gnome's color. The blue gnome I had spawned a drowned ghost, but a few days later the gnome turned yellow and hasn't spawned another ghost yet.
I certainly appreciate the addition, since this means that my 'haunted' lots can actually be haunted!

I'm assuming this is possible..

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#7 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 11:53 PM
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 5:09 PM
Yep, the ghosts are spawned by the Gnome of the Darned, I've had it happen in a few games now. The gnome can spawn more than one ghost, I've had as many as three at a time and not always different ghost types, I had two firey death ghosts in one game. When acquired normally (through the claw game or bringing a dead sim back to life through the science center) the ghosts generally stick around for about 8-10 hours then despawn for a while before returning. If a ghost sticks around for longer (to the point they keep passing out on the floor if there aren't open beds ) check to see if the gnome was kicked over since that seems to prevent the ghost from "going home". I found it handy to leave a group serving of the new chili in the fridge for my ghostly visitors to keep them from cooking all my food and for the entertainment value of watching fiery ghosts breathe fire because the food was too hot.