Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 2:11 PM
i cannot find liquiyfy in paint.net the one i downloaded from internet......
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 7:27 AM
i am not sure on how to make my hair i recolour into like a adult instead it goes straght to elder hair with colour wich is what i dont want. How do i make it adult hair??
Test Subject
#128 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 1:59 PM
Yes, But I've found that GIMP, which is a free program, (links in Skinning FAQs) works equally as well. Because there was no tutorial for recolouring hair on GIMP, I had to experiment a lot, but I have now figured it out and can now recolour hair to almost any colour I want. There is another free paint edity thingy in the Skinning FAQs, but it just infuriates me because it is so basic. So, yeah, go with GIMP if you want a free one. If your not into wasting your time trying to figure out how to recolour hair, see the recolouring clothes for GIMP tutorial, because it is the same principal.

Edward snarled quietly.
"Behave!" I hissed --Twilight (Bella)

God I love that quote.
Test Subject
#129 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 10:19 PM
<3 You are an angel to all of the newbies like myself! Thank you so much! Now my Sims will have green hair...
Test Subject
#130 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:51 PM
The pictures aren't showing up?

Do you have Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii? Add me as your friend! My friend code is 1892-1695-3284. Give me yours too!
Test Subject
#131 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:55 PM
It's not working. I make the hair a different color, but when I load it back up, the guy is bald. I didn't do anything to the files but recolor them.
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:14 PM
that helped
Test Subject
#133 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chenbot
It's not working. I make the hair a different color, but when I load it back up, the guy is bald. I didn't do anything to the files but recolor them.
how do you make hair
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:40 AM
I tried to download this tutorial and it worked but when I extracted it I was disappointed to see it was a .wps extention for some program I don't have. Is there any way you can make this tutorial into a .pdf document?
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:28 PM
Thanks!
Thank you so much, Faylen! I used this today and it worked perfectly~

♥ Wolfie ♥

"Gathering from his behaviors, he is very immature and hates to lose... just like me."

~ L from Death Note (virtual cookie if you guessed right! xD)
Field Researcher
#136 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 12:34 PM
One thing you can do with online tutorials is take a screen shot (Print Scr/Sys Rq button to the right of f12) and go into Photoshop or word and paste (ctrl-v) Cut out the overlaps, arrange it to fit, and then you can save or print it.

If only some of the hair you're recoloring is showing up, it's because you haven't saved your recolor as each of the individual hair files. Some hairs have as many a 6 or 7 texture files, and while the image may look exactly the same for each of them, the texture is applied to only certain sections of the mesh.

As for the really old question, if the hair goes away, check your alpha file. That's like a mask that lets the texture show through only where it's supposed to, and if you change that, you block out the texture.
Test Subject
#137 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 3:35 PM
I fully understand this tutorial, i've also recolord some hair and did some experiments with it, but now my question is,
how do i recolor hair that's from someone else, i did maxis hair and that worked fine, but in bodyshope the downloaded hair doesn't really show up and it does in-game, do u maybe have a tutorial for that?
Test Subject
#138 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 6:48 PM
Hi, great turorial, just one thing that I don´t understand.

When I´m gonna open photoshop, there´s just a HUGE number of files within the original hair files which I imported.
I have no idea which to open and start working with!
Thankful for answers.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesimmer007
When I´m gonna open photoshop, there´s just a HUGE number of files within the original hair files which I imported.
I have no idea which to open and start working with!

If you just want to recolour a certain age group (say, adult), you pick the ones that start with the appropriate prefixes, like "amhair" or "afhair". If you want to recolour all age groups, you'll have to alter all the files.

The age groups are pretty self-explanatory.

a=adult
c=child
e=elder
p=toddler
t=teen
Test Subject
#140 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 10:38 PM
D: I have a problem. I recolour the hair from blonde to pink, but when I put the hair on the body shop it looks good but some gray layers appears :C

like this:

Test Subject
#141 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:52 PM
Default Need the photos or another link
Is there no way to get the photos back in this tutorial? Or is it available on Wiki?
Test Subject
#142 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferr
D: I have a problem. I recolour the hair from blonde to pink, but when I put the hair on the body shop it looks good but some gray layers appears :C

like this:

I've had this happen and it usually means you missed a "layer". Check to see that all images you need have been recolored.
Test Subject
#143 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:55 PM
Default Elder hair uncolorable?
Every time I try to color senior hair there seems to be no way because the only color available to start out with is the gray/white. I'm used to recoloring but I work from the base colors of brown, red, black and blonde. Help?
Test Subject
#144 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:57 PM
Default Need photos to post link here
The thing is I don't need the photos for myself. I actually copied this a couple months ago when they were still available, but I'd like to be able to give the link to people who ask.
Site Helper
#145 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:41 PM
First, you should not quadruple post. Use the edit button to add information to your existing post.

If you have the pictures, why not attach them to your post? Then, the moderators may be able to point the tutorial to the pictures in your post.
Field Researcher
#146 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:02 AM
Faylen, thank you so much for this tutorial. Most of my sims are characters from video games and anime, so it's not always easy to find the style I want in just the right color. I had no trouble understanding the directions, and it was a lot easier than I thought! Now I can have any hairstyle in obnoxious colors!

Dark Side Princess (TS2 CC and pics)
Test Subject
#147 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:38 PM
how do i even get body shop
Site Helper
#148 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 30th Mar 2012 at 5:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyanna1010
how do i even get body shop
Body shop comes with the game.
Test Subject
#149 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 6:31 PM
I can't see the pictures. Can anyone fix that?
Mad Poster
#150 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mmtorres27
I can't see the pictures. Can anyone fix that?

You can see the pictures at the end of the post. It's awkward, but I doubt this thread will be updated to fix the links; it is over 7 years old, after all!
Page 6 of 7