Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 4:54 AM
Default What elements from EPs do you think will make it into the base game?
I know that EAxis won't put in all 8 (including Apartment Life) into the base game since they'd lose major moolah, but they must put in some EPs into the base game. I think these EPs would be the most logical ones to put into the base game:

1. Nightlife
2. Seasons
3. Free Time
4. Apartmen Life (from what we know so far)

All of them make sense. Cars, clubbing, dates, weather, gardening (already have a pic of that), hobbies, and the city life would all be great for starting off TS3. I was going to put Open for Business and University on the list but then I thought that'd be too much.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:28 PM
Some "traits" from the EP seem to be there (cars, fishing, gardening) and it's good but I would like more : dates, seasons, university, beaches and why not some additions from Appartment Life (ask a neigbor to watch over childrens, ceilings...). It would be great !
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 6:42 PM
I agree with yours, but I think that they should include OFB in it also.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 7:24 PM
As Mihura so wisely already told us, it's more likely to be individual features of expansions than whole expansions themselves. The more "themed" the feature is, the less likely I see it appearing in the base game. For example, I could imagine them adding crafting from OFB, but running businesses is much more unlikely in the base game.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 8:25 PM
i think it would be cruel not to include apartments and weather in the base game. we waited so long for those things and they're major steps in the 'sim world' i guess lol. cars and crafts are a must, but they're more like items to include not concepts...beaches i would love but it's not necessary right away for me...
#6 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 12:38 AM
I'm hoping for all the architectual stuff from the sims 2 like half walls, dome-roofs, etc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:57 AM
I would have liked common domestic pets like dogs, cats, birds, fish, hamsters and reptiles but seeing as how cats and dogs may "get in the way" of the whole new gameplay, pets require so much attention and focus that it wouldn't surprise me if at least cats and dogs don't make it. Fish better be in the base game because they were in both TS1 and TS2. Birds should also because I get tired of just fish. Actually wasn't a gerbil in the TS1 base game, too? At least fish, birds, reptiles and hamsters/gerbils just to give us a variety of easy pets. Cats and dogs will most likely be in yet another remake of PETS.
#8 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 11:52 AM
Pets and Bon Voyage will not be there for sure....none of the pictures showed any animals and Eaxis has already mentioned that there is only one neighbourhood...I think seasons, freetime and nightlife are going to become the base for sims 3.....
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:13 PM
Well, they didn't show kids either, but I'm sure they'll be included. Maybe they'll inlcude small object-like pets, like the wormrats, the birds, and the aquarium fish.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 4:41 AM
Fish will most likely make it because they always have in the base games of TS1 and TS2. I just hope that we get more small pets.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 6:55 AM
Well TheSims2 didnt have Sims1 EPs in their base game just bits and pieces from all 7.

They will certainly do the same here, there might be a reminder of Seasons, but we certainly won't be getting every object and action from it, maybe the weather though.
Instructor
#12 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 12:44 PM
I agree certain elements from Nightlife, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life (from what we know so far) could be included. I'd also like elements from Pets. I don't want another Pets EP - I find it quite pointless; Pets should be available in the base game.
#13 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 12:45 PM
I think it should be pieces from ALL of the EPs. That would be fine

I would like my sims to be able to own a pet in the base game, have weather, go to college, own a bussiness, Be able to go to vactations...

I highley doubt they will add all that, but it could happen
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 4:23 AM
Well these are great ideas, it's just the vacation part that I'm confused about. I doubt vacation destinations would make it but it would be so neat if they. But how would it work? We saw the entire town already from that screen shot that shows all the lots. Vacation destinations would have to be detached per se from the town in order to make them feel like your in a vacation. Maybe we would have loading screens ONLY per different destination?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hmm, what do I think would be necessary and reasonable to include from EPs?
-Uni: Cell phones mostly. Some of the interactions and few other items too maybe.
-NL: Most of it, but especially cars. Restaurants are not so necessary for the base game, though.
-OFB: The general idea of crafting things and talent badges.
-Pets: Not much. Maybe some of the "object" pets besides just the fish tank.
-Seasons: Weather. Seasons can wait for an EP, but got to have the rainy days. Some of the outdoor interactions would be nice too.
-BV: Jewelry. Beaches would be cool too, though maybe bit too "themed."
-FT: Some cool objects and interactions here that should be in base game.

Don't have enough info on Apartment Life, but the idea sounds like something that should be on base game if possible.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#16 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:53 PM
Well, because of the pictures from snootysims, one fo the pictures shows them gardening... so there will be gardening in the game.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:13 AM
I definitely want there to be as many options for hobbies and creativity as there is in Free Time. That is my favorite EP, since I really believe that it allows you to develop your characters so much. Which I love. <3 I seem to remember reading something that said that there would not be seasons in the base game, but there would be weather. Personally, I really want the weather, but I'm cool with not getting the actual seasons. I doubt that vacation destinations or beaches would make it in the base game either. And from what we've heard and seen so far, it seems like we may get businesses! *fingers crossed*
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:17 AM
It sounds that at least some of the devs really liked OFB. Encourages emergent gameplay or something. Not my favourite because of the community lot stuff, but it would work much better in TS3.
Quote: Originally posted by Claire
Well, because of the pictures from snootysims, one fo the pictures shows them gardening... so there will be gardening in the game.

Yes and at least one article mentions fishing, so it might be in too. Those 2 things are not the most vital things from Seasons to include, IMO... though it would be nice to have some interaction with ponds and lakes. That's why beaches or at least swimming in large enough bodies of water would be cool too.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:46 AM
The thing is, EA wants us to explore the new seamless town and new gameplay, etc. Adding cats/dogs and owned businesses would really take away much of the focus, which is why I still think they should be in other EP's. They can only load so much into the base game, anyway.
Theorist
#20 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:53 AM
Nightlife should be incorporated, but add bikes please. Motorbikes AND bicycles. And roller blades, and skateboards.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:55 AM
-University: The instruments and objects. No Uni, please! It makes the game complicated!
-Nightlife: The whole EP. This EP was mint, and I want to see more of the town's nightlife in TS3.
-Open For Business: I'm not sure I want this EP in--but the robot making, flower arranging and toy making stations are things I want in TS3. Talent badges sound nice, but couldn't they have made a better concept for that that came with the base game?
-Pets: Erm, the pets itself. And I hope the bugs from this EP don't come with it.
-Seasons: Again, the whole EP. The concept of Seasons is brilliant. My second favorite EP in TS2.
-Bon Voyage: Again, I'm not sure if I do want this EP. Maybe I'd like to keep Bigfoot, but that's it.
-Free Time: EVERYTHING of this EP. Free Time was amazing, and the idea of hobbies and stuff was so well thought up! I want hobbies as well in TS3--maybe could be one of a sim's traits or something.
-Apartment Life: Not so sure. We don't know much of it yet.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:38 AM
Well it's obvious that most of Nightlife if not all will be incorporated into the base game. I mean, we already know that we are getting cars, the ability to date, attraction, downtown, restaurants, etc. I would assume we are getting nightclubs, too, it would only make sense.

But as treeag mentioned, with the addition of bikes, motorcycles, roller blades and skateboards will make the game super cool! In fact, I can almost bet that more players will start using these additions since they would indeed be new to the game for us (aside from the modded versions of course). I think bikes should require one of the stands thingies with the bars where you lock your bike in, I forget the name. Well, not require it but at least required to park the bike and to keep it safe by locking it. In fact, these stands should be in various lots so that we can ride our bikes to places and lock them in place. Skateboards and roller blades will probably work as inventory items, much like the cell phones from Uni. You use it from a self-interaction because where else would you place them when going to community lots? Motorcycles could just function like cars in that they would be parked on the same spots that cars would be parked.

Oooh, and those cute little sneakers that I have been seeing kids wear lately at the mall where they have roller skates in the bottom, I forget the name... skate shoes? But those would be cool as a shoe option in CAS since we are finally getting changeable shoes. I only see kids wear them so I guess they would only be available for kids.
Instructor
#23 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:47 PM
This sounds about right, I think those four will definetly be put into the base game, I think that they will probably save University, make it better, and we will probably see lots of improvements on it!!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:33 AM
Well University could be incorporated into the base game as a limited version, meaning after teen years are over, young adult and older can go to college but it being the same way as kids going to school, obviously as rabbit holes, and since we may be getting apartments in the base game (may be), maybe we can get dorms as well but that they would be limited to young adults (I have never known of an elder living in a college dorm even though elders can go to college).
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 12:02 PM
Personally, I'm not hoping for a college in the base game. I didn't quite like Uni for that. (Apologies to anyone who thinks that's a little absurd.)

Treeag - Totally agree with you on that! I was a little curious why skateboards and bikes weren't included with Uni. But I hope there are some things that sims can ride on (besides cars) in the base game.

Almost forgot--I want the special sims from Seasons (PlantSims), Free Time (the Genie), Nightlife (Vampires), Uni (Zombies?), Pets (Werewolves), Open For Business (Servos), BV (Bigfoot), and of course, the alien. In other words--all of them. :p
Page 1 of 2