Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:06 AM
Default Will it be pushed to late 2009?
Everyone are guessing that TS3 will come out in January-April 2009 but it is now confirmed that the new EP Apartment Life will be out this autumn. Can TS3 be pushed to late 2009? What do you think?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:36 AM
if you look at how EA releases Ep's i guess not. one in spring, one in autumn, and that's repeated over and over. so i guess they release sims 3 just like they said, cause of their patern.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leenetje
if you look at how EA releases Ep's i guess not. one in spring, one in autumn, and that's repeated over and over. so i guess they release sims 3 just like they said, cause of their patern.

when did they sat they were going to release it?
TS3 is a completely new game and I find it odd to put in an EP for TS2 6 months before the release of the new game.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I find it odd to put in an EP for TS2 6 months before the release of the new game.

It probably is odd, but this is EA, they cannot possibly go for more than 6 months without releasing something to add more to their riches. I think it's the only reason they're doing Apartment Life, not because many fans want another EP, just they're filling in the gap between Freetime and TS3.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:28 AM
Maybe they'll push back the development for TS3, but maybe not. Even so, I don't mind getting one or even two more EPs for TS2. TS3 is bound to be lacking in things to do, same as TS2 was in the beginning and I can see myself playing TS2 for some time after TS3 is released.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
It probably is odd, but this is EA, they cannot possibly go for more than 6 months without releasing something to add more to their riches. I think it's the only reason they're doing Apartment Life, not because many fans want another EP, just they're filling in the gap between Freetime and TS3.

but I think it's silly anyway to release a totally new EO and give us 6 months to enjoy it before TS3. When TS3 arrives TS2 will soon be out of the stores, right?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:17 PM
It is pretty silly, I agree. But if it's a good EP, I'll be alright with the idea. Maybe they will push TS3 back a while. They did with TS2, and the longer they spend on the game, the better it should be (here's hoping).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
It is pretty silly, I agree. But if it's a good EP, I'll be alright with the idea. Maybe they will push TS3 back a while. They did with TS2, and the longer they spend on the game, the better it should be (here's hoping).

I didn't mean that releasing a new EP was silly. I look so much forwards to it. The silly thing is to release a totally new Sim game only 6 months later. I am actually kinda skeptical of TS3. Eaxis could have waited longer.
But giving us only 6 months to enjoy the new EP is silly. I want to enjoy TS2 more.

How long did it go after Makin Magic was released for TS2 to come?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:40 PM
I wouldn't mind TS3 being pushed back to late 2009. Usually whe ngames are delayed, it is to make it better and the finish product is even better than we thought. Remember TS2, EAxis pushed it back so they could add the Apiration and Wants/Fears system. Without those two features, TS2 would have been completely different for me. And like with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it was delayed to add more characters, making an already awesome game into an astonishing game. So if TS3 was to be delayed, which it probably will be, it would be for the better of the game.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:44 PM
I didn't mean that releasing a new EP was silly. I look so much forwards to it. The silly thing is to release a totally new Sim game only 6 months later. I am actually kinda skeptical of TS3. Eaxis could have waited longer.
But giving us only 6 months to enjoy the new EP is silly. I want to enjoy TS2 more.

How long did it go after Makin Magic was released for TS2 to come?

Makin Magic came out October 28, 2003 (according to the wiki) and the sims 2 was released September of 2004. So there was about a year between the two.

I don't think the release of any of the sims 2 EP's will affect the release date since they have two completely different design teams (from what I've heard).
I'm not sure if it will be pushed back or not though.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:45 PM

EA Games won't be coming to your house to delete The Sims 2 from your computer. If you abandon TS2 for TS3, the choice is yours.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 6:54 PM
Aren't there two different teams working on TS2 and TS3? I mean I know TS2 pops into the TS3 group but still it wouldn't effect the creators in any way they'd still be productively working. If I recall correctly the TS1 creators were not the exact same as the TS2 creators.

Also for people saying they don't have enough time to play and get bored of TS2. No one SAID you HAVE to throw away TS2 for TS3! Hell I might even play BOTH GAMES simultaneously in the day. I hate that arguement. 'Oh TS3 cant come out yet because I WONT/DONT want to be able to play yet'. Who cares? If its ready it'll be released.

And remember that TS3 has been in development WAY LONGER than when the rumors in the last 5 months started sparking about it. It wasnt just a thought process they were actually building up the game for many years now.

edit// and to comment the above in -MY- communitys gaming stores after TS2 was released the TS1 games stuck around for alot longer (especialy the later expansion packs) I think they only halt productions when people stop buying their products. And its not like you won't able to find the games online, thrift shops etc.
Scholar
#13 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:31 PM
I still see TS1 in my local gaming shops. And in ones all over England. Some people I guess can't afford TS2 or a computer that can run it still. So I guess you don't need to worry about availability at all.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
EA Games won't be coming to your house to delete The Sims 2 from your computer. If you abandon TS2 for TS3, the choice is yours.

I know that but when TS3 comes out there will be new more advanced mechanics so maybe the temptation for TS2 won't be that great?
But it is today when I see no need for a new game. EA didn't come and delete my TS1 but I got bored of it after some months of gameplay, something I haven't got with TS2 because of aspiration, aging and far more advanced gameplay. Anyway I think the most natural option is to wait to september-december 09 if Apartment life will be out in atutumn 08.
For example: J.k Rowling wouldn't publish Deathly Hallows 6 months after Half Blood Prince. And Spiderman 4 wouldn't be on cinema 6 months after Spiderman 3. It just doesn't seem logical to me.
#15 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:11 PM
but I think it's silly anyway to release a totally new EO and give us 6 months to enjoy it before TS3. When TS3 arrives TS2 will soon be out of the stores, right?

Lol. No. TS1 is still readily available in stores.

I know that but when TS3 comes out there will be new more advanced mechanics so maybe the temptation for TS2 won't be that great?
But it is today when I see no need for a new game. EA didn't come and delete my TS1 but I got bored of it after some months of gameplay, something I haven't got with TS2 because of aspiration, aging and far more advanced gameplay. Anyway I think the most natural option is to wait to september-december 09 if Apartment life will be out in atutumn 08.
For example: J.k Rowling wouldn't publish Deathly Hallows 6 months after Half Blood Prince. And Spiderman 4 wouldn't be on cinema 6 months after Spiderman 3. It just doesn't seem logical to me.

One author writing a book is a completely different thing than 100 or so people working on a computer game for 3 years. Same with a movie. Bad comparisons.
You seem bitter about TS3 coming out and picky about WHEN it comes out. If you don't want it, just stick with TS2 until YOU want to buy TS3.
You said yourself that TS2 had far more advanced gameplay (which, btw, is totally outdated now.) TS3 will have even better. Change is a great thing.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:16 PM
I'm still not bored of TS1 and I've been playing it since its original release. I'm probably gonna play all three when TS3 is eventually released.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:50 PM
Quote:
You said yourself that TS2 had far more advanced gameplay (which, btw, is totally outdated now.)

outdated!!! no I don't think so!
The Sims 2 (2004) has a wider, more advanced gameplay when it comes to the individual sim than most simulation games have today.
If a different producer should make a sim-like simulation computer or console game TODAY I don't think it would beat TS2's gameplay (2004) or be far as advanced.

TS2 came out in 2004.
Singles: Flirt Up Your Life came out the same year and has a worse, less varied gameplay and simulation options than The Sims 1.
The Urbz came out in 2004 and I have heard that the gameplay isn't far as varied and the options are much smaller. But I haven't actually tried it out like Singles.

I think TS2 beats a lot of simulation games even if they are new.
And I'm not so sure if the gameplay in TS3 will be so different from TS2 except for social reactions and townies that age.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:01 PM
And I'm not so sure if the gameplay in TS3 will be so different from TS2 except for social reactions and townies that age.

Far, far too early to tell either way.
#19 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:50 AM
outdated!!! no I don't think so!
The Sims 2 (2004) has a wider, more advanced gameplay when it comes to the individual sim than most simulation games have today.
If a different producer should make a sim-like simulation computer or console game TODAY I don't think it would beat TS2's gameplay (2004) or be far as advanced.

TS2 came out in 2004.
Singles: Flirt Up Your Life came out the same year and has a worse, less varied gameplay and simulation options than The Sims 1.
The Urbz came out in 2004 and I have heard that the gameplay isn't far as varied and the options are much smaller. But I haven't actually tried it out like Singles.

I think TS2 beats a lot of simulation games even if they are new.

You say that you think 'If a different producer should make a sim-like simulation computer or console game TODAY' and yet you then go ahead and talk about simulation games released around the same time frame as The Sims 2, and one by the same company. I can assure you that a simulation game made now would have far better mechanics than one made in 2004. The possibilities for developers have expanded greatly, and they continue to do so every year...whether that's in graphic capabilities, AI etc.

The gameplay will be different from The Sims 2 in more ways than just aging townies and social reactions, I am sure. If you read the previews and information released thus far you can clearly see that. Also, there are alot of things 'behind the scenes', such as AI, that will improve but won't be as noticeable. The Sims 3 seems to be more of a gameplay development than a graphical one (not to say the graphics haven't improved, just not to the extent of The Sims 2 compared to The Sims 1).

Anyway I backup the points made by other people that it is a persons choice whether they continue to play The Sims 2 or not...and yes, there will most likely not be updated to the game once The Sims 3 is released, change is inevitable my friend...you have to deal with it.
#20 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:10 AM
I seriously hope not.......my excitement for sims 3 is killing me to death:D......I possibly don't want to wait that long!!!!!
#21 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dark_jean
I seriously hope not.......my excitement for sims 3 is killing me to death:D......I possibly don't want to wait that long!!!!!

haha me to. I can't wait till it comes out :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Anyway I backup the points made by other people that it is a persons choice whether they continue to play The Sims 2 or not...and yes, there will most likely not be updated to the game once The Sims 3 is released, change is inevitable my friend...you have to deal with it.

Higgins, I didn't start this thread to say that I'm not all that pleased with TS3 from what I have seen but of course I am looking forwards to be able to walk around without load screens.
I started it to discuss if it will be pushed to the second half of 2009. It has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting TS3. It just feels like a natural choice to take when Apartments Life is going to be released this autumn.

So.... Do you think TS3 could be pushed to late 2009?
#23 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:20 PM
Well, It's semi logical I suppose but- As we don't know exactly when work began on the Sims 3 and how fast they are moving to completion we can't really make a guess on when it will be released. The TS3 team knows those parameters the best so we will have to wait for a clear release date from them.
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:12 AM
Higgins, I didn't start this thread to say that I'm not all that pleased with TS3 from what I have seen but of course I am looking forwards to be able to walk around without load screens.
I started it to discuss if it will be pushed to the second half of 2009. It has nothing to do with me wanting or not wanting TS3. It just feels like a natural choice to take when Apartments Life is going to be released this autumn.

So.... Do you think TS3 could be pushed to late 2009?

I was responding to what you said in your post before this one.

and I donn't think it will, but I have no idea really. From interviews etc. with the creators it seems that the release time isn't going to change too dramatically.
Alchemist
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:28 PM

You may think it's silly, but not EA's bottom line
Page 1 of 2