Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 1:06 AM
Default A really sad vampire story
I decided to make a vampire.

- The head first. Not too bad (for a vampire). Certainly no pudding face. So far so good.
- Now for the clothing. WHERE IS THE CLOAK? No cloak. Not good.
- Gotta have a crypt. No problem. WHERE IS THE COFFIN? Not a single decently creepy and screechy one in sight, just some strange contraption. Damn.
- Wanna make some music. All the decent vampires play a magnificent pipe organ. WHERE IS IT? Must settle for a guitar. Sigh. At least it can be painted black.
- Evening, finally. Hungry. Gotta get some chew. Easy: transform into a bat and fly around the town to find it. CAN'T TRANSFORM - must take a cab to the City hall. The shame of it!
- A nice plump Chinese tourist standing in front of the hall. Good - love Chinese blood. Let's get some.
She declines.
SHE DECLINES???
Since when does the food have the right to decline?
OH THE SHAME OF IT!
- Back to the crypt, dejected and hungry. And then ...

Now you shall be mine, you pathetic twilight creature,
to be the jackal of a real vampire when I want to feed. Bah!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 5:51 PM
lol. i read this yesterday and i'm still laughing.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:31 PM
Hilarious!

Quote: "The sun feels cold today"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
- A nice plump Chinese tourist standing in front of the hall. Good - love Chinese blood. Let's get some.
She declines.
SHE DECLINES???

Yeah I've been meaning to ask if there's a mod to stop them from declining -____-
Space Pony
#5 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Yeah I've been meaning to ask if there's a mod to stop them from declining -____-

I created a mod that add four different feeding options. The only catch is your skill level in Charisma or Athletics has to be higher than theirs based on the interaction you chose. Finished it about half a year after LN came out.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:12 AM
Oh Pico. I feel your pain. I was so hoping Supernatural would bring a more traditional view of vampires into play. Vlad Tepes is weeping in his grave right now.
TWILIGHT, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:26 AM
Yeah I always hated that since Sims 2, it's like WTF! You don't have a bloody choice mortal! He/She does not to be best friends with you to kill, drink your blood or turn you!.

Yet Werewolves in Sims 3 now can do it without having to be enemies first (Aleast I think Sims 2 only got Savage if you were enemies). Of course for some reason Sims can scold and whack a Werewolf on the nose sometimes if they fail.. Again EXCUSE ME! It's a werewolf, you are only making it angrier! (The good thing is that the Werewolf can keep trying Cursed Bite until he succeeds, so aleast they get it easier them vamps).
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:54 AM
Yeah, but the vampire can confess to watching you while you sleep. Ooooh, scary. OK, creepy, but not scary. And "I'll protect you"??? WTF? I want to use you like a walking snack machine, not "protect you".

Oh yeah, and a werewolf you can beat off with a rolled up newspaper. My chocolate lab is scarier. And all she does is lick you to death.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 1:48 AM
- Gotta have a crypt. No problem. WHERE IS THE COFFIN? Not a single decently creepy and screechy one in sight, just some strange contraption. Damn.

Well, I found some pretty creepy custom content that is great for a vampire dungeon.
The website is in Spanish but Google would gladly translate it for ya.

There is a crypt bed, but I haven't tested it out or anything.Looks really great though. There are also really neat spider webs and and coffin accessories. Overall, some great stuff to help ya out.

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/set-cripta-vistalegre/

Alot of good stuff on that site.

Just might help out with the creepy effect just a little bit.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:43 AM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 13th Sep 2012 at 3:55 AM.
- Back to the crypt, dejected and hungry. And then ...[/I]

..................you find out that you can become an immortal daywalker. Now you can be a vampire with a suntan when Seasons is released.

Joy.

Vampires have been mercilessly homogonized I hate to say. This is what happens when androgynous vampires sparkle in the
sunlight if you ask me.

Quote: Originally posted by fatal_syn
Well, I found some pretty creepy custom content that is great for a vampire dungeon.
The website is in Spanish but Google would gladly translate it for ya.

She's one of my favourites. Her stuff is amazing and looks great in my game. There are such a wide range of items on her site too. She even has diving boards. Still don't get why EAGames didn't include them in Sims 3.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 5:10 AM
There is actually a pipe organ on this site somehwere. However, the pipes are seperate wall decorations, so you can customize it to your liking. I found it because of reasons.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 11:25 AM Last edited by pico22 : 13th Sep 2012 at 11:57 AM.
My vampire thanks you all.

- I tried out the mod, so far no problems. Great.
- The Luna site has some magnificent stuff, not only for vampires. I will have to go through it slowly.
- The pipe organ is here. I have his TS2 one, did not know he made one for TS3 as well.
- There are several cloaks around, though I have not found a perfect one yet.

On the whole, the "good" supernaturals are OK but the "nasties" are not. I know that TS is supposed to be a family game but this is ridiculous. Where would we be without modders?

ETA: as for werewolves - I guess this is where EA got the basic concept.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:23 PM
She declines.
SHE DECLINES???
OH THE SHAME OF IT!

I fell off my chair laughing XD
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 1:31 AM
The vampires are so dull. I don't even expect that much, but the fact that they promoted the Supernatural vampires as being different from before when they're hardly tweaked just disappoints me more. I thought they would *at least* fix the fact that you can see their reflection in the mirror, or give them the ability to transform into bats or something. I don't really care that they sparkle or 'confess to watching you sleep' - I think that's actually pretty funny, and the sparkles are something minor enough to be modded out for those who are bothered by it - but just the vampires' lack of purpose...what's the point of them living so long when they're so boring (says the girl who has been sitting in front of her computer all day on her day off)?