Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#25926 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:39 AM Last edited by Kusama : 5th Jan 2021 at 10:52 AM.
Does anyone else experience cats unable to enter bathroom when a sim is bathing (just like sims not in close relationships)? My game is modded and I don't remember if it was always like this. If it was, is there a mod to change it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#25927 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:41 AM
The ONLY thing that affects the gender of a baby is if a Sim is pregnant with themselves - for example, Brandi Broke in vanilla gameplay, because her pregnancy isn't linked to Skip. In that case, the baby will always be an opposite sex clone.
And yes, Tarlia fixed the Ottomas pregnancy years ago, her stealth hoods are perfectly safe to use.
Mad Poster
#25928 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bulbash
Hi Peni, do you know if in the latest Tarlia's version of stealth neighborhoods their issue is also fixed? Have you ever checked? Would I have to terminate Samantha's pregnancy to avoid shredded character data?

This issue is fixed if your game has the Seasons patch applied (or is the UC). It's got nothing to do with templates and also nothing to do with shredded character data.
Forum Resident
#25929 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 2:19 PM
Y'all know that part of like, the Pleasant house where part of Angela's room is walled off by the roof, and the game doesn't recognize that wall-roof thing as a wall, so there's weather in the room? Yeah, does anyone know how to fix that? I'm playing PleasantSims' Fairplay, and one of the houses has the same issue, and I really like it and don't want to bulldoze it or have to change it
Scholar
#25930 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Y'all know that part of like, the Pleasant house where part of Angela's room is walled off by the roof, and the game doesn't recognize that wall-roof thing as a wall, so there's weather in the room? Yeah, does anyone know how to fix that? I'm playing PleasantSims' Fairplay, and one of the houses has the same issue, and I really like it and don't want to bulldoze it or have to change it

Select the walls-only icon and place flooring on top of the wall (grid should show if you go up a level) for your weather issues.
Then select the roof icon and all should be weather-proofed.
I think that's what you're asking ?
Hope that helps.

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#25931 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Select the walls-only icon and place flooring on top of the wall (grid should show if you go up a level) for your weather issues.
Then select the roof icon and all should be weather-proofed.
I think that's what you're asking ?
Hope that helps.

Adding tile roofing under the regular one didn't help with the temperatures, though

However I did find a way to mend this, which is a bit complicated to explain so I re-posted this to explain with some pictures that might be easier to understand
Screenshots
Scholar
#25932 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 6:44 PM
Oh, ok.
I meant to place flooring and not tile roofing.
But it looks like you found a fix that works !
Thanks for the pics.!

I've been playing this game forever, but sometimes I forget things I used to know -- like how to make an arch with regular walls, and how to make a half wall on top of regular walls. (And not the half wall that comes with the game.)

" Inama Nushif "
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25933 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:01 PM
@Pideli Further to what @Peni Griffin said, here is a post by mootilda about the randomisers:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....504#post3897504

@sugoisama Thanks for the pictures, I'm playing that house and was wondering how to fix it!
Forum Resident
#25934 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:26 AM
Default which dress should I use?
which dress should I use for Bellatrix Lestrange

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#25935 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:40 AM
@MischiefManaged, you'd probably get more useful feedback in the creator feedback forum: https://modthesims.info/f/611/
It's a little harder to find than it used to be, but it's specifically for helping people figure out their uploads and is frequented by creators who know that the more useful feedback they give, the more they're likely to get.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#25936 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
which dress should I use for Bellatrix Lestrange

The first dress. The last dress doesn't suit her at all. The second dress works only if all the other witches wear floor-length gowns, too; but the first dress works for any verse, even if other witches wear floor-length, because it's raised just a small bit and is tattered, which suits her battle-hardened practicality, yet Azkaban-broken wildness.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Forum Resident
#25937 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 9:23 PM
My seasons seem to change randomly anytime between around 1AM and 9AM on the last day of the season.
Is there a way to set the season to always change at the same time, say at 2AM?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#25938 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 10:05 PM
Are you asking because you're thinking about the winter time/ summer time clock change that happens at 2am?

Unfrortunately I don't have an answer to that
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25939 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
My seasons seem to change randomly anytime between around 1AM and 9AM on the last day of the season.
Is there a way to set the season to always change at the same time, say at 2AM?

Maybe try the Season's jar and set the season at 2am, maybe the game will pick up on it after you have changed each lot..

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#25940 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 3:45 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 8th Jan 2021 at 3:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe try the Season's jar and set the season at 2am, maybe the game will pick up on it after you have changed each lot..

The time at which the day of the season is updated varies even in each lot. One night the season may be updated at 3:30 am, the next night that same lot may not have the season updated until 6AM. So it seems as though unlike birthdays (6PM) and days of the week (midnight), the days left in the season update seems random perhaps between midnight and nine or ten AM. They're not always updated even at the hour or half-hour.
But thanks Jo. I'll see if that makes any difference.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#25941 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Does anyone else experience cats unable to enter bathroom when a sim is bathing (just like sims not in close relationships)? My game is modded and I don't remember if it was always like this. If it was, is there a mod to change it?

It's vanilla behaviour, but I don't know of a mod to fix it. Really annoys me that pets won't enter the bathroom but other Sims - even adult visitors - will happily wander in and stand there staring at whoever is already using the toilet (while freaking out hysterically at 'nudity' when the other Sim is safely hidden behind a shower curtain!). EAxis got just about everything to do with bathrooms as wrong as they possibly could.
Top Secret Researcher
#25942 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 5:31 AM
Wouldn't the "no privacy bathroom" mod work for that?
https://modthesims.info/d/289163/no...oom-080712.html

Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
EAxis got just about everything to do with bathrooms as wrong as they possibly could.

Don't even get me started on sims 1 then lol

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#25943 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 12:59 PM
I'm trying to edit some family relationships at the moment, and just wanted to make sure I've got the right idea...
My goal is for sim A to treat his spouse's alien baby as his own child by editing the family ties in SimPE, but for the family tree to stay the way it is (showing the alien parent). Will this work or do I need to edit the family tree as well? And do I need to remove the "parent B" marker from the pollination tech?
Forum Resident
#25944 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butler-pate
I'm trying to edit some family relationships at the moment, and just wanted to make sure I've got the right idea...
My goal is for sim A to treat his spouse's alien baby as his own child by editing the family ties in SimPE, but for the family tree to stay the way it is (showing the alien parent). Will this work or do I need to edit the family tree as well? And do I need to remove the "parent B" marker from the pollination tech?

I'm not sure about SimPE specifically, but I know that in-game you can use the sim blender to add more parents, and if you do, only the first two parents added will appear in the family tree. IE alien baby's parents are A and the pollination tech, but you can add spouse as a parent and they'll have the family marker, but the family tree will still only show A and the pollination technician. I think.
Lab Assistant
#25945 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I'm not sure about SimPE specifically, but I know that in-game you can use the sim blender to add more parents, and if you do, only the first two parents added will appear in the family tree. IE alien baby's parents are A and the pollination tech, but you can add spouse as a parent and they'll have the family marker, but the family tree will still only show A and the pollination technician. I think.

Ahh that sounds like what I want to do! I just want the family marker in the relationship panel, and keep the family tree showing the polli tech. I'm mostly worried/not sure on if the mismatch between the relationship panel and the family tree would mess things up in my game or not?
Mad Poster
#25946 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 8:45 PM
I don't think there would be a problem with the family tree, but if more than two sims are marked as parents there could be issues with other parts of the game, since a lot of the game relies on a function for finding parents that stops at two and doesn't look for more. The extended family hack will also not work right, because it relies on that function.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25947 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
The time at which the day of the season is updated varies even in each lot. One night the season may be updated at 3:30 am, the next night that same lot may not have the season updated until 6AM. So it seems as though unlike birthdays (6PM) and days of the week (midnight), the days left in the season update seems random perhaps between midnight and nine or ten AM. They're not always updated even at the hour or half-hour.
But thanks Jo. I'll see if that makes any difference.

Yeah, I wasn't at all sure if they would actually make a difference. Kind of more hoping it might.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#25948 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yeah, I wasn't at all sure if they would actually make a difference. Kind of more hoping it might.

It was worth a try, but setting it one time doesn't seem to persist for future season day changes on that lot. The day of the season just appears to change at random times each day between midnight and 9AM or so.

I guess I could put this in Hacks/CC you'd like to see.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
#25949 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 1:37 AM Last edited by butler-pate : 11th Jan 2021 at 2:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I don't think there would be a problem with the family tree, but if more than two sims are marked as parents there could be issues with other parts of the game, since a lot of the game relies on a function for finding parents that stops at two and doesn't look for more. The extended family hack will also not work right, because it relies on that function.

I see, thank you very much! I will make sure there are only two parents.

edit: thought I would write this down for anyone else trying to do this / for google: after changing the family ties, the sim and the baby were related in the family tree but NOT in the relationship panel, which was the opposite of what I wanted to do. I ended up keeping the family tree change after all, but I needed to edit sim a's relationship to sim b and sim b's relationship to sim a to reflect the parent/child relationship as well as mark them as family.
Mad Poster
#25950 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 11:31 AM
Is there any way to search a person's Tumblr? I really hate CC that's uploaded to Tumblr, because you can have to search through 10 pages before you find what you're looking for.
Page 1038 of 1338