Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:03 PM
Default Is there a way to raise school performance when there's no school?
Don't know if it's completely true, but from my experience, sims can grow up happily only if their school performance is high, and that's problematic, since there's no schools in the town i'm playing. I don't feel like adding one, but i still want the kids to grow up happily so that i can choose their traits and such. I thought i could tutor the children to raise their school performance, but it seems like the option is not available if there's no school around. So.... ?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:52 PM
Well, with the Nraas Master Controller you can tweak a career and school performance, so you could try that one. Haven't tested it without a school but most likely it will work.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Well, with the Nraas Master Controller you can tweak a career and school performance, so you could try that one. Haven't tested it without a school but most likely it will work.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Thanks for answering, but i don't understand how i can 'tweak' it, if you mean pulling the meter up, i can't do that.
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
Thanks for answering, but i don't understand how i can 'tweak' it, if you mean pulling the meter up, i can't do that.

No, you click on sim and open the Nraas Master Controller menu. The career/school options are in the Master Cotroller -> Intermidiate -> Career -> School Perfomance.

Oh, and you need to download the Cheats -module for the Master Controller.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:38 PM
With the Careers module you can also assign your children to Homeschool but I have never played that so if you are interested in it you'd have to look around or ask over at Nraas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
No, you click on sim and open the Nraas Master Controller menu. The career/school options are in the Master Cotroller -> Intermidiate -> Career -> School Perfomance.

Oh, and you need to download the Cheats -module for the Master Controller.

Thank you for help, but unfortunately it seems to work only if the child is already rolling in some school, and i don't have any schools. I guess the performance meter only "exists" if it's visible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Samppuli : 6th Feb 2017 at 6:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
With the Careers module you can also assign your children to Homeschool but I have never played that so if you are interested in it you'd have to look around or ask over at Nraas.

Alright, i tried it and it works quite well, children and teens will just have to pick up their homework at city hall, or download it from computer and do them before 10AM. Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:51 PM
Homeschooling is a great option. With the Careers Mod Schools module you could also establish "schools" at various rabbitholes you might already have in town -- Military, Art, Culinary, etc. The children and teens who attend those get to work on the associated skills in addition to regular school performance. But of course that's not as flexible as having your kids do their homework at 3am and then fall asleep forgetting to turn it in like we all did in real life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Homeschooling is a great option. With the Careers Mod Schools module you could also establish "schools" at various rabbitholes you might already have in town -- Military, Art, Culinary, etc. The children and teens who attend those get to work on the associated skills in addition to regular school performance. But of course that's not as flexible as having your kids do their homework at 3am and then fall asleep forgetting to turn it in like we all did in real life.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to think about it, only problem that i have with it is that i'm playing in a medieval world, so no buses or cars. And of course the only medieval world i found is freaking HUGE, so it'll take them few hours to run to town from their house.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 3:42 AM Last edited by igazor : 10th Feb 2017 at 4:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to think about it, only problem that i have with it is that i'm playing in a medieval world, so no buses or cars. And of course the only medieval world i found is freaking HUGE, so it'll take them few hours to run to town from their house.

Well to keep things realistic, clearly they need an extensive subway system and a network of LLAMA transport booths. (just kidding)

Yes, homeschooling makes more sense for worlds in medieval and ancient settings though that's assuming they aren't really using a computer to upload and retrieve new homework. Bicycles don't belong there either but they might look a little less less out of place than other vehicles. Are horses an option?

Although I'm sure the last thing you want to see is a school bus lumbering up the path for some reason not honoring an SP or other mod setting to forbid those from appearing or inserting itself into an unwanted field trip scenario, so maybe you've found the right approach for now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Well to keep thing realistic, clearly they need an extensive subway system and a network of LLAMA transport booths. (just kidding)

Yes, homeschooling makes more sense for worlds in medieval and ancient settings though that's assuming they aren't really using a computer to upload and retrieve new homework. Bicycles don't belong there either but they might look a little less less out of place than other vehicles. Are horses an option?

Although I'm sure the last thing you want to see is a school bus lumbering up the path for some reason not honoring an SP or other mod setting to forbid those from appearing or inserting itself into an unwanted field trip scenario, so maybe you've found the right approach for now.

Yep, i really need to think of something, maybe i could place a city hall rabbit hole somewhere near, or maybe even school though everyone would run to there from their houses, because in the medieval world i'm playing in (Praveen) there are roads but they aren't functional, so no cars or bikes. I recently adopted a horse for them, just have to wait 'til he grows up so that the torture can begin, don't know if children can ride horses tho. :P
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:27 PM
This seems to be the popular solution for children riding horses, unless a different one has come out recently.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/1106
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:27 PM
Wait, what about this mod by Nona? http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1680/
it's a homework mod, it adds work on homework on all computers, so your kid can raise his grade. Checking the page it isn't said anywhere that the kid need to be in a school already.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Wait, what about this mod by Nona? http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1680/
it's a homework mod, it adds work on homework on all computers, so your kid can raise his grade. Checking the page it isn't said anywhere that the kid need to be in a school already.

If a sim is not enrolled in a school, then they have no School Performance score at all. Getting extra credit probably wouldn't do them any harm, but it won't do them much good either since there would be no score to enhance and in the end nothing to have graduated from.

What homeschooling through the Careers mod does is enroll them in a virtual school that exists at City Hall, but one that has no on-site class hours.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
. . . you click on sim and open the Nraas Master Controller menu. The career/school options are in the Master Cotroller -> Intermidiate -> Career -> School Perfomance.

I'm glad I found this. My kids planing on going into the music career are signing up at the theatre for music class. Because they don't have homework (because they haven't been to school yet), their grades drop like a rock on the first day, they they get bawled out for bad grades. I've found a work-around. On their first day, they choose the option 'Work Hard' instead of the usual at the regular school where they 'Meet New Friends'. This time I forgot and noticed their bad grades just before letting out. I know, one-hundred percent (via Murphy's Law), that the scolding is going to screw up the trip some of my Sims are going to take after school/work lets out. I used the above cheat to moderate their grade to avoid the scolding.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:20 PM
There's a mod right here on MTS to eliminate or moderate all those parental discipline things. I could not play Generations without it.

https://modthesims.info/d/533906/up...ent-tweaks.html