Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 8:07 AM
Default Our Eurovision Representative
You may or may not know that we have an official Eurovision representative as of Friday.
His name is Josh Dubovie, and he's going to be singing That Sounds Good To Me, which was written by Pete Waterman.

He looks sort of like a cross between Reece from Malcolm in The Middle and someone else I can't put my finger on.
You can see him singing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vHnZDX1GI

Personally, he was my second choice for who should win. But meh, at least he wasn't that Alexis guy, I really didn't like him.
What do you guys think of him? Do you think he could win Eurovision? The song is catchy enough, so I think we have a chance. It depends on what the other entries are!
I can't wait for May, now.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:15 AM
I had no idea that show was even on, whoops! I don't rate our chances too much, to be honest! The weirdest stuff always seems to win and I'm not sure I find him charasmatic enough compared to last year's winner.

Still, Eurovision is always a laugh and we might win, you never know! About time we ranked decently in it!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
I had no idea that show was even on, whoops! I don't rate our chances too much, to be honest! The weirdest stuff always seems to win and I'm not sure I find him charasmatic enough compared to last year's winner.

Still, Eurovision is always a laugh and we might win, you never know! About time we ranked decently in it!

We were 5th last year, that wasn't too bad.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:11 AM
I don't normally watch Eurovision - too painful to see us lose year after year - but I live with my aunt now and she always does a Eurovision party so I guess I shall be watching this year! For the party each guest gets allocated a country and they have to come dressed up as the country and bring food and drink from the country. Should be a laugh.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:26 PM
I don't watch Eurovison, but he looks ok, nothing special though. How is he doing though?

Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fthomas
I don't watch Eurovison, but he looks ok, nothing special though. How is he doing though?

I don't know. He has since disappeared off the face of the earth. xD

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 4:00 PM
^ Ahh, I see XD.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2010 at 12:45 PM
I am. Eurovision party. Still haven't heard our song yet though lol.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2010 at 3:13 PM
I watch it EVERY year! It's just a fun time sitting in front of the TV and lol'ing at people. I'm definitely watching it tonight. :D

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:09 PM
The more I hear it, the cheesier it sounds.

Though, I have figured out who Josh Dubovie looks like.
He's a cross between Reese from Malcom in The Middle:

And that guy out of Wizards of Waverly Place. I think he's called Justin?:

Amiright?

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Eurovision is too much about politics - the German's will never vote for us, and vica versa. And the countries with close neighbours will always get votes off of their close neighbours. I still watch it though. :p

They changed that last year. How do you think Norway won?

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:18 AM
HAHAHA! WE CAME LAST!
We were beaten by Belarus, who had a shit song and paper wings covered in sequins. D:

AND THEN AS IF THAT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH, Germany won. And I didn't like them. I much prefered Turkey, Armenia and France.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:10 AM
Spain was awesome too. And Serbia. And the saxophonist from Moldova.

Seeing as I entered the thread late, I should probably give my little bit on Eurovision.
I watch it every year and get very angry when the most absurd acts don't win. How much did you love Ukraine with the fat guy in silver with the star on his head? PURE MAGIC!
I rarely enjoy the British entry and I'm never surprised when we do badly. However, I do cheer when other countries give us points. It seems less political now. I just wish we were more cheesy and outlandish.

Having said that it's less political, some of the countries just don't get it and think it's a SONG contest. We don't want talent! We want CAMP!

You can see a country-by-country analysis of Eurovision on my twitter.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th May 2010 at 11:30 AM
That made me go on your Twitter. Rofl.

ANYWAY,
That Ukraine one should have won. ;_______;
It only came third that year and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
I only ever remember the camp ones and the ones that win.
When he appeared on the Ukraine webcam I was like "OMG, PLEASE SING AND DANCE! THE UKRAINE ENTRY THIS YEAR IS CRAP!"

I always cheer when we get points. I was begging with Armenia to give us 12 so we'd have some dignity left. WHY DO WE NEVER HAVE A GOOD SONG? Even whe we came 5th last year, the song wasn't amazing. >:I

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:04 PM
Was it that Jade person last year? She was crap!

I saw the Ukrainians on the webcam - it made me happy inside.
(^,_________,^)

One day I'll be on Eurovision.

Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:45 PM
You? Hmmm, k. Rofl.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:04 PM
}:[

Will too! You'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!

Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:30 PM
I'll remember that you said that.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 31st May 2010 at 6:03 PM
We failed. Epically.

Banned
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 10:05 AM
how come we never hear adout defore hand?