Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What sims game do you liking using to tell stories and filming?
Sims 1
1 5.88%
Sims 2
12 70.59%
Sims 3
5 29.41%
Sims medieval
1 5.88%
Other
1 5.88%
None
1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 2:39 PM
Default Sim stories and sims movies
I write and make films using sims 2 what is your favorite sims games to film in? sims 1, sims 2, sims 3, sims medieval or not. Tell us why you like movie making and story telling using the games.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 8:59 AM
I mostly use sims 2 to tell stories and film deacuase of the better graphics and more cc for the time period I perfer to wirte in. Ocassionaly I use sims medieval for filming the quests and taking picture of some of the poses my sims make but thanks to the games limited features like a tab making the camera a free angel camera and the fact that moving the camera at all is awful and if you want to film or photograph a sim you have to follow the to do so.

All in all sims 2 is better for filming and story telling. Sims 3 uses the same controls for filming and photos as sims 2 does but unless you have a really high quilatiy graphics card wil have bugs like muddy graphics and other bugs which are cuased by other things in the game even high grade computers their are still problems in some cases killing the computers or macs which sims 3 is installed on.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 10:08 PM
I use TS3 and TSCS to do my stuff. 3 because it is what I have and my family computer can run it, and castaway because of its theming and low system requirements.

Just Call me Square!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:18 PM
I use TS2 to do my recordings because it is the only one I have and with custom skins and MTS content, I could make some nice movies.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 8:27 AM
I use TS2 as I only own that game! (Yeah, I don't have Sims 1, 3 or Medieval)

- Ebony :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ebony_Night12
I use TS2 as I only own that game! (Yeah, I don't have Sims 1, 3 or Medieval)

I have all three of them and for me sims 2 is the best choice as it has the better graphics and it is the only which I can play on for longer than hour though it crashes due to cc I can make it work for more than hour. Meaning in short I have a none working copy of sims 3 and sims medieval but I have copy of sims 1 that works perfectly .

Nocturnal Dawn
Bunned
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:49 PM
I use the sims 2 for all of my filming because i can download anything i want without any problems. TS3 lags with an outfit or two, but thats mostly becuase of the horrible computer it runs on XD.

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 2:43 PM
I use Sims 3 , but I would like to use Sims 2, too, but I havn´t Sims 2 :-(
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *JJSims*
I use Sims 3 , but I would like to use Sims 2, too, but I havn´t Sims 2 :-(

I have the Sims 1, 2, and 3. I only film with Sims 3, but would love to film with Sims 2. I film with the Sims 3 because I like telling stories. I'm not as good as the other sims directors.