Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 6:58 PM
Please help with a command for selecting objects
Hi, I'm new to modding but not programming [python I'm new to but I should be able to manage].
Anyways, here is what I'm envisioning. A command that would pick an object on a lot, based on a parameter such as skill type or function. Once selected I would like to be able to throw all the possible interactions into a collection.
Would this be possible? I have made it to the step where I can inject a command into the game, and need some help with what to do next.

I've decompiled everything and thrown the standard hello world command in the game.

Thanks in advance for the help
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2021 at 6:19 PM Last edited by bX5j : 1st May 2021 at 6:31 PM.
Is there any direction I could be pointed in? I don't need the command written, just more where to look for a way HOW to select objects based on type, skill, etc.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st May 2021 at 6:43 PM
Hi, the MTS help section is not very active, especially for scripting. I would recommend joining my Discord server as we have a lot of active scripters there who can help out. When you join assign yourself the Modder role in the #role-me-up-scotty channel, and then go to the #mod-help channel and repost your question with any further details you think might help. Someone should be able to help when they have the time.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2021 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Hi, the MTS help section is not very active, especially for scripting. I would recommend joining my Discord server as we have a lot of active scripters there who can help out. When you join assign yourself the Modder role in the #role-me-up-scotty channel, and then go to the #mod-help channel and repost your question with any further details you think might help. Someone should be able to help when they have the time.

Thanks! I'll be headed on over