Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 23
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insanityxx
fitness stuff is out i want to update BADLY but I REFUSE to play without this mod & it needs an update. PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE somebody! I LOVE U KIND PERSON who does :lovestruc .

Look, I don't have fitness stuff, but this mod works ok for me, as of the newest update.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#77 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
I have a problem where some traits won't show up for one sim, but they'll show up for another, and the trait doesn't conflict with any other trait

That's interesting... I checked them in game yesterday with a bunch of sims and I haven't noticed this. Did you check if the sim already meet the maximum traits amount
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WyethRogers
THANK YOU SO MUCH AND ALSO
It took me a bit to realize that Bucky, Natasha, etc was on there XDDD

Haha Never hiding my marvel fans identity.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#79 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaosQueen713
I have a question.
I am looking at the zip files for download and I see some say for the Toddlers Patch and other says Life Long Learner? What is that exactly?

They are all for game version after Toddlers Patch and have been working until any future patch that edit life stages which may break them.
Life Long Learner is just a name suggested by a player that asked me to make versions that sims add more and more traits till they die
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insanityxx
fitness stuff is out i want to update BADLY but I REFUSE to play without this mod & it needs an update. PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE somebody! I LOVE U KIND PERSON who does :lovestruc .

I don't own fitness stuff and all I know is this mod works for the latest patch without fitness stuff. I don't think fitness stuff would break the mod because it doesn't do anything about life stages.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#81 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CanvasRosier
Look, I don't have fitness stuff, but this mod works ok for me, as of the newest update.

Thanks for clarifying
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:55 AM
how does this work? Will the random generated townie also have more traits added when they appear? because I don't want that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 4:01 AM
I am utterly confused. Which one do I download? Is it the last one or any of the others?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#84 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deliriouskai
I am utterly confused. Which one do I download? Is it the last one or any of the others?

In the description:
Quote:
Only put ONE package you want in your mod file.

Example:
Version #5: Description: Toddler 2, Child 3, Teen 4, YA/A/Elder 5

Use also Embyr's menu option for this mod.
Quote:
You can use Embyr311's Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod which makes the Add/Remove Traits option available without using cheats.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deliriouskai

If you look at the main page and the download descriptions, you'll see that you can download whichever ones you want, but only one.
The Lifelong Learner downloads make sims learn traits until they die. I guess that if you want character development, you'd want one of those. If not, don't get one that says Lifelong Learner.

The numbers show how many traits are made available for each sim. This is made more clear if you look at the original mod's description:
Quote:
What makes it different is that it expands the number of main traits(Good, evil, bookworm, neat) available to be added to a sim.

Quote:
What the mod does: It edits the specified amount of slots for each age group

Quote:
Depending on your personal preferences you may want less or more

(Source )

So, "Description: Toddler 3, Child 5, Teen 7, YA/A/Elder 8" means your toddlers can have 3 traits, children can have 5, teens can have 7, and the various adult stages can have 8.
Personally, I'm using Version 8, but 9 is nice, too. Version 8, I think, is a nice middle ground in comparison to the others, and is good if you don't have a top of the line computer.

Also make sure you go to the original mod's download section and get "Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.zip", or else you'll have to manually type in the "add trait" cheat, which can get really tiring really fast.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 10:39 PM
Thanks for this mod! It's great for squeezing in a custom trait without losing the EA traits already assigned or even just rounding out your sims a bit more...

That said, I'm not crazy about loading my sims down with traits(at least for now), but I do want to try more toddler traits to make toddlers more interesting; Any chance you could make some versions like Version 2 only with 2 or more toddler traits?
I'm also intrigued by the possibility of adding on traits with aging, but as said don't want to load my sims down with traits. Some versions that add a new trait at adult and elder stage without having more than 1 extra trait at the earlier life stages would be great as well. I didn't see one like this there at this time, but if I missed it let me know.

Also, would I be correct in assuming this in no way affects the UI for trait picking on Age Up?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:00 PM
I've gotten a glitch where Sims will get moodlets for certain traits, but they don't have that trait. f.e. a lot of my Sims get "Feeling Trapped" when they don't have the Noncommittal trait. I don't know if it's caused by this mod, is anyone else getting this?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#88 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AuroraCelerySims
I've gotten a glitch where Sims will get moodlets for certain traits, but they don't have that trait. f.e. a lot of my Sims get "Feeling Trapped" when they don't have the Noncommittal trait. I don't know if it's caused by this mod, is anyone else getting this?

I somtimes get this too. Is this happening with sims created from scratch or is this happening with sims that you are reusing with changes to their traits at the very least?
Usually, when this happens to me I'm using a previously saved sim, but have changed their traits(either before starting my game in CAS or after starting my game with Full Edit Mode in CAS). Certain traits seem to have lingering affects even though I have replaced them with other traits. This happened before I got this mod so it is not connected, in my case at least. In fact I believe I may have seen this in vanilla gameplay too. It's very frustrating, but I usually use debug cheats to remove the undesirable moodlets.
Test Subject
#89 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM
This doesn't work with 'Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.zip | Description: A mod that makes the Add/Remove Traits option available without using cheats.'
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thed4rkestrose
This doesn't work with 'Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.zip | Description: A mod that makes the Add/Remove Traits option available without using cheats.'

Not the mod creator, but that's because they're the same mod. This one is the updated version since Embry311's stopped working with the toddler patch.

EDIT: That being said, will have to see if this mod still works with the Nov. 7th patch. Hopefully so!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:25 PM
I never even knew this mod was updated and just been playing with the older version which explains the toddler problem. Thanks for updating.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thed4rkestrose

It does. I use it in my game in two different computers without problem and I know at least 4 other people who also do. Did you unzip the mod? You need only the package file in your folder - not the .zip
And they're not the same mod, as the other person said. This .zip provides a nice menu for adding and removing traits, so you don't have to use the commands/cheats.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:17 PM
I cannot get this to work I can not add more than 3 traits? and this mod is not along the other scriptmods in the list
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:34 AM
CAS Traits
Quote: Originally posted by Panthola
I cannot get this to work I can not add more than 3 traits? and this mod is not along the other script mods in the list

Even with the mod, you can't add more than 3 traits in CAS. You have to add the traits either using the traits.add_trait cheat code or the Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
Even with the mod, you can't add more than 3 traits in CAS. You have to add the traits either using the traits.add_trait cheat code or the Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.
I can not add more than three traits in the add traits in menu mod either
Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 1:30 PM
Doesn't work for me either since the patch.
Banned
#97 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:49 PM
please update this for the pets patch
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#98 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:47 PM
Mod also seems to have stopped working for me since the patch. A real shame as I was hoping to treat the cat and dog lover traits a bit like extras...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:54 AM
I am really begging for this mod to be updated. I don't want to continue with my most loved game without it. My most precious sims will lose so much personality. So their lives depend on you =P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:03 PM
I am also begging for an update for this mod. My favorite families are all on hold at the moment.
Page 4 of 23