Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th May 2009 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
I'm having the -vapors- just thinking about playing an unmodded game. I think I need to go lie down now.

I second that!

Modding gods, please have a pint on me...

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th May 2009 at 3:15 PM
Hi, I follow MATY for some time (I guess since its start? can't remember well) but I don't know why I never joined there before.. anyway, I think it's the best TS developers specific community in general, for all it's made for, and after making some mods for ts2 (more into new meshes) I'm definetely going to try the programming part for TS3.

I'm a programmer myself (totally different area though) and in process of learning a bit more of C# (on University), the timing couldn't be better =] soooo... I was reading this topic and maybe someone know where the article mentioned on post #1 gone to? I'm really curious to read about this and didn't see anything yet. And, if it isn't ask too much, what is MSIL?
Instructor
#28 Old 28th May 2009 at 3:52 PM
I just can not wiat to get the one to obliterate that damn blur!!!

Is there one that will make it easier to kill off NPC's you do not like?

Will ones that replace the goopy look alikes from the game?

How about same sex marriages and kids for everyone? And the moon on a stick can I get that? Please?
Inventor
#29 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:27 PM
@Wirapuru

MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language)
look here for example: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net...ticle.php/c4635

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:19 AM
Thanks himawara, that's very interesting, I'm definetely going to read more and try to get used to it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:26 AM
If Inge says its' so, then I believe her

She's one of the few modders I trust.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:33 AM
Yes, this comment was very Needed!Big Huggz and Thankyou to all the Modders!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:19 PM
I don't post much in the forums (I'm kinda shy that way) but I do want to say that I so admire and appreciate all the time, effort and headaches that the modders here go through to provide us with a little more enjoyment with the Sims. I tried my hand at simple recoloring simple Maxis meshes and gave up out of frustration so I can only imagine how frustrating (yet rewarding too?) modding can be. I thank you all very much and you are appreciated far more than you realize.
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gtgirl
yes there will be hacks and mods on TS3 is that what you all are saying woohoo and people on insimator.org said ti couldn't be done lol

I didn't know of this rumor, and even so, I don't think EA/Maxis would take off one of the main things that made this game the top seller of all times, it would be the biggest comercial suicide of game industry imo.
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gtgirl
Well then i guess I misread the posts then

sorry I didn't mean that, just saying my opinion if they did something like that, I sure know way less than you on this subject
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:59 PM
What a relief! I preordered the game on the trust that it would be modable somehow, some way. I've always liked the mods and hacks better than a lot of the original stuff. There's no arguing with the fact that a labor of love is better than the SOS variety of working for a paycheck. Creative genius abounds among our "Mackers" (modders and hackers).
Many thanks!
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:41 PM
Default It begins...
I'm still clutching my pre-order receipt. 2 more days (from time of post) and counting.

The insimenator forums where rife with negative commentary on the possibility of modding Sims 3, and the game itself to some extent. So glad to see so many wiser, cooler heads here. Modding a game with this huge a fan base was a given nomater what the hurdles. To quote JP's Ian Maclcom "Nature will find a way." I've always been interested in customizing my Sims games, with TS2 all you ubermodders managed to make mods for everything I wanted before I realized I wanted it. Hats off to ya!

This time around I'm going to take a few shots at modding myself. As a wise poster mentioned above, its a labour of love but the reward is worth the effort. I hope to learn tricks from our masters in the forums to help me along

Cheers all, Here's looking forward to the possibilities.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
wow no one has revived this yet!?

I can't wait for new meshes for TS3 :D!!!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:11 AM
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

=/
Inventor
#42 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:21 AM
I am so thankful to all of the hard working modders out there! I can't wait to see what they think of!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
i'm new to MATY, it won't let me see this link. :/

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone for all their hard work too. Much appreciated guys
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
I'm having the -vapors- just thinking about playing an unmodded game. I think I need to go lie down now.

Gnome Pron and Beer, until it's figured out...half°ss...
Then, it's all DownHill till a Patch and the first EP...Deja Vu :p
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:21 AM
I don't know the first thing about creating mods but I thank every single person who ever worked on one for this game and TS2. You gave so many of us the freedom to enjoy the game the way we want and extended the life of the game.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:42 AM
The Modders and Artist that take these games to a whole new level. Their is so many to name so I just want to applaud all of you. Let us not forget Delphi (I hope I got it right) and the other staff at MTS for their constant dedication to keepeing this site alive and well...

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM
Default There is no trick to raise the skills?
thx
There is no trick to raise the skills?
Page 2 of 2