Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
I think that will only be short term.

Come on we have seen time and time again that there are so many talented programmers who play sims, that they will be able to figure out how EA are getting items and clothese into the game and figure a way for us to do this too.

The prices will come down as more competition enters the markert. At the moment if we want extra content there is one supplier and they can charge pretty much what they like for it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
I never used photoalbum and the storyteller tool and I agree it's totally doable to use a third party program, but once again, it is utterly crap of them to remove a much-loved feature that countless people were obviously using and the same argument can also be made for the video mashup tool. It's perfectly doable with third party software.
Instructor
#53 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:52 PM
The photo album is still doable via the website.

previously there was no offical tool and it is an easy and user friendly tool.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
Ahh, well that explains a lot. Most people would have liked to host their stories on other pages though, I think, but that seems a very acceptable solution.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM
So, I've trying to use the album offered by EA on the site but I assume I do have to spend a great deal of time uploading the pictures first, and then use the oh-so-easy drop and drag tool mentioned here. So eh, they just removed the tool from the game.

I'm not sure if this game will have longevity for me, wich sucks. I'm glad my Sims 2 is still intact.
Page 3 of 3