Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:01 PM
Default Who in Aus. has the sims 3?
I was just wondering if anyone in Australia has gotten ahold to the game early?
If so where did you get it ? Also where do you think would have enough copies, my local game store said they would be sold out for weeks, but I have never believed them and wont (they said they had no the sims 2 bon voyage, it was clearly sitting on the rack partly behind another game)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:21 AM
I've been checking around but everywhere still says June 4. Which is lame because that's too far away haha. I'll keep a look out though. But my local GAME is actually sold out of ts3 standard and collectors, so who knows.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:23 AM
By sold out they mean you cant pre-order anymore from that particular store. Each store only has a limited number of Collectors edition, and I think just the base game as well. Im not entirely sure though. I went to Melbourne yesterday and went into a Big shopping complex that had about 15 EB game stores -.-
I went into each one and they said they cannot release it till June 4th. Australia is usually pretty good with sticking to street releases.
Inventor
#4 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:40 AM
I plan on waiting till the 4th even if it was to be released earlier as BIG W stores has the game at the cheapest price I have seen yet and they are just a block away from myself.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:45 AM
I plan on waiting till the 4th too, even if it is out before hand. Mostly just because I organised to have Thursday and Friday off work, so I'll have plenty of time to play it!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:49 AM
I pre-ordered my sims3 collecter edition from JB-Hi-Fi because they ordered over 400 hundred of them in one store and was the cheapest at $114.00, also the rest of the other game retailers were sold out!! AND get this... dicksmith-powerhouse only ordered 26 copies of the sims3
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:05 AM
HAHAHA dick smith is lame lame lame.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:05 AM
Yeah, but it has been around for quite sometime. I went to my local EB games today. They said they weren't having a midnight release and that they only had about 5 copies of the game left to put on the shelf. They ordered in about 20 CE and 30 of the standard edition and they nearly had them all gone lol. They also said they will hand over the game when the door opens at 9am on Thursday morning.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chryseis
Yeah, but it has been around for quite sometime. I went to my local EB games today. They said they weren't having a midnight release and that they only had about 5 copies of the game left to put on the shelf. They ordered in about 20 CE and 30 of the standard edition and they nearly had them all gone lol. They also said they will hand over the game when the door opens at 9am on Thursday morning.

dick smith said that they only ordered 26 copies of it.and were sold out
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:14 AM
Hmmm... well, I DON'T live in Australia, so sorry for that, but I live in TX and pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Best Buy. I talked to a guy on the phone yesterday that works there, and he said they WOULD have the game upon opening Jun. 2 (now just a few hours away ) Usually they have plenty more in stock beyond what was pre-ordered, so I'm not reallll concerned. Either way, I'll be there at opening time! *shrieks*
Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:51 PM
me i got it at EB games today
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:26 PM
I work at EB, and we started selling them today. I put aside my copy when I was on my shift and bought it when I was done.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07