Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 11:08 PM
Default Has Anyone Figured Out How to Make the Gnome Family
I could care less but my roommate is buggin the crap out of me about it, so I told her I'd ask here. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 11:28 PM
You need 2 regular magical gnomes.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
You need 2 regular magical gnomes.

Gay gnomes can reproduce? :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Gay gnomes can reproduce? :D

Well I've gotten two of them using buydebug so I guess I'll find out
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:11 PM
Nah. Lady gnomes have white beards and red noses too.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:35 AM
It is an undisputed fact that the Magic Gnome (Gnomus Abracadabra) is a sub-species of the Generic Fantasy Dwarf (Parva Vulgaris Tolkienii). Their gender distinctions are well explained in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
#7 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
It is an undisputed fact that the Magic Gnome (Gnomus Abracadabra) is a sub-species of the Generic Fantasy Dwarf (Parva Vulgaris Tolkienii). Their gender distinctions are well explained in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

This is very true. Just don't call them lawn ornaments when they can hear you

Bingley, bingley bong!
Interstellar Traveler
#8 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:30 PM
I thought it wold work with a regular gnome as well.. guess not.
Well, I can never find another mysterious magical gnome anywhere! so I have one that is an elder.. he doesn't move around much anymore D:

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:11 AM
you can have a gnome family?
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:21 AM
wait...seriously? i had no idea you could have a gnome family.who exactly do you do that?
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:23 AM
I have three normal magic gnomes around. They have yet to age or reproduce. O.o

I'm hoping that the "family" that spawns won't age, that it will just be a random life stage gnome that stays that way.

It's weird because they're not in buydebug.

But since installing Generations, I have noticed that gnomes move around the lot differently. They seem to convene together around a random object, rather than all skip off to different corners of the house.

Observe:

...I did not put them that way myself I swear. >.<
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:38 AM
I personally had on testingcheatsenabled true, shift-clicked my gnome, and the option to change them to "Teen, Adult, Toddler, Child and Elder" was there.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:06 AM
Wtf...????
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:51 PM
Well I hope they age and die because once they begin to reproduce they do it a lot.

Since I got the second magic gnome they're having one kid almost every 3 sims days.

On the other hand 1k more or less per gnome it could be a nice and esay way to make money. We don't have pets but we can breed gnomes :P
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:33 PM
I'm still waiting on mine to reproduce. They do nothign but jump around the house now
Alchemist
#16 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:45 PM
I just had one single gnome spawn a baby gnome after I had a wedding party at the house.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I just had one single gnome spawn a baby gnome after I had a wedding party at the house.

Maybe that's the key. Hmmmm
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:33 PM
I just discovered a kid gnome on my lot, seems to have spawned from just one magical gnome (now an elder), i have no idea when and i haven't thrown a wedding party so it must just be spontaneous!
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:52 PM
that is epic

maybe they aren't influenced by anything, maybe they age up same lifespan like sims
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#21 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 1:16 AM
EEeeee gads! 1 gnome is prankish enough but a HOUSE FULL of the little hellions? YIKES!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM
have 2 gnomes, buy a wedding arch and place them by it, wait a few days, ta-da! or just have a wedding party

scooby dooby don't
One Minute Ninja'd
#23 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:55 PM
You necro'd this ancient thread for that?