Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 3:00 PM Last edited by tizerist : 27th Jan 2015 at 4:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Is it really functional?
It is totally functional in the sense that you can play as one of them, if that's what you meant.
Mind explaining the details?

I've put all the details I could think of that an end user might need on the download page. What kind of details? Trying the mod yourself would probably give you more answers to your queries.
Also, why are their motives unnamed in the screenshots?
I don't know, I guess EA thought no-one would really see it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
#27 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:07 PM
Also, why are their motives unnamed in the screenshots?

Because EA don't have the imagination to name the motives:
DeerGottaEat
DeerGottaPoop
DeerGottaSleep
DeerGottaDoWhatADeerGottaDo

Wants rideable deer. Wants it now.
*spoiled brat footstamp*
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM
Is it really functional? Mind explaining the details? Also, why are their motives unnamed in the screenshots?

Hi nikel23 ... I just put these in my game and played for awhile. The raccoon is in the cat section and although 2 sim files were downloaded only one raccoon sim is in CAS. I made one a M and the other a F. Animations in game are very good. These little guys really look cute in game.
The deer on the other hand is problematic. At least it is in my game. Skin in CAS looks like a corrupted skin but the instructions for the deer do indicate their body will look warped. I put it in anyway and from a distance the deer has the right coloring but close up is black and using fix invisible sims does not resolve the issue. Motives are not showing all associated detail. Unlike the raccoon options for play are limited. Animations for the deer are that of a deer though.
I've registered over at Nexus so will leave some feedback in there.

Edit: I've got MC in and didn't need to add a human in CAS was able to just create an animal family and merged them in with an existing household to check out interactions etc.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
deer are horse based like raccoons
i learned this when i used cheats to edit a raccoon. when i exited it started acting like a cat.
i can only assume that it's horse based

but it's simple to add it to your family and now i'm thinking about trying it.
Theorist
#30 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
one raccoon sim is in CAS

Bah! I used a different technique which didn't work. Looking into it. Barbarat, does your male raccoon headbust look different? My male looks smaller, with smaller ears.
**if anyone finds a wild male raccoon (named Meeko) in their hood, save game and notify me please**
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
deer close up is black

Sorry. Instructions updated.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Bah! I used a different technique which didn't work. Looking into it. Barbarat, does your male raccoon headbust look different? My male looks smaller, with smaller ears.
**if anyone finds a wild male raccoon (named Meeko) in their hood, save game and notify me please**

Sorry. Instructions updated.

I only have one raccoon displaying in CAS so really can't tell by the headbust. I do have wild raccoons in my game named both meeka and meeko but also am using special tuning to generate more wildlife so my game experience might not apply to what you're asking. I've responded to your PM with more detail.
Alchemist
#32 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 4:26 PM
Oh! I just realized that this wasn't a mod in technical sense, but rather some saved deer and raccoons in the Sim Bin. :b The reason I asked those questions was in what way your mod really modified these NPCs because it seemed to require technical changes and I wanted to know if it was safe / wouldn't mess up with the game or other mods. Turned out it was savedsims file? Sorry, I didn't get to check or test these when I asked. I barely had the time to play recently. .

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Ok, I figured it out. Ha ha, OMG.

HOW TO HAVE A PET DEER OR RACOON

1) Install awesomemod.
2) Select a deer/raccoon with Awesome's right-click switching. Without this mod I don't know how to select deers.
3) If it's a deer, cheat to give it three horse traits, example addtrait fast
If it's a raccoon, give it three cat traits
4) Take it to CAH with editsim
5) From the ... menu, save a copy of it. Exit CAH.
6) Create a new animal sim. Choose a horse if you want a deer, and a cat if you want a raccoon.
7) Go to the pre-made sims bin, and select your chosen animal.
8) Place them in a household with an existing sim already in it. If you remove the sim from the household the wild pets disappear.

I can't find the download for awesome mod I can't find the download thing on the website
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Wouldn't that be a horse with deer skin?

Not if you have awesome mod mastercontrol
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:24 PM
to get a deer:
1.get nrass
2. click nrass and add sim , by role
3. press deer, bambina
4.the deer will disappear but that is good.
5. go on nrass again and click reset sim and bambina (should show up in household category)
6.voila!ENJOY!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:18 PM
Page 2 of 2