Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:00 PM
Would you still buy it if....?
I'm kinda new here, but yet not a trolley or something. Hvae been reading this forum for years, just had'nt time to post.
So as far as i'm concerned there's till now only one valuable feature in which Sims3 has been improved if compaired to Sims (and that's to be considere as a strict IMO).
So the question is: Would you still buy Sims3 if as an otion Ea realeased an EP for Sims2 that gave us the seamlees neighbourhood (where you could travel, walk, go jogging or ride a car Throught entire neighbourhood without the freaking lodaing screens) ? That's it
Advertisement
#2 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:04 PM
I wouldn't buy the Sims 3 if the Sims 2 did that since, as it is, I bet I can't even play the Sims 3 and the only thing that did appeal to me is the seamless neighbourhood.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:08 PM
Thing is, what you're "if"ing about is just not possible with the TS2 engine. Can't be done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#4 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:11 PM
My pc wouldn't be able to handle it. I am excited about the sims 3 though. Even if the seamless N-hood was in the sims 2 I would still buy the sims 3 to see what they improved on. Because if it was in the sims 2 buying the sims 3 would be like buying an expansion pack. You may or may not enjoy that EP but u still bought it and installed it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:51 PM
I agree HP, it isn't going to happen, and I think it'd be a pretty foolish thing for EA to do, business wise.

Otherwise, it's a good question, but regardless I'm glad they didn't. The one great thing about the Sims is that every generation offers a new experience, which is great! Which also is why I've strayed from lots of other games lately...they never seem to change, or they're in too much of a rush to release a piece o' cr@p.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 8:36 AM
My computer couldn't handle if they did, but if it could, and it were possible for them to do so... no, I wouldn't buy sims 3. Well... maybe. >>; I just remembered the more morphable bodies. I like body types. Maybe. I guess that's my final, indecisive answer?

But since they can't add it into sims 2, I think I'm pretty much going to have to buy sims 3 and I'll keep sims 2 on my desktop, and put sims 3 on my lappy. ^^
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 2:23 PM
I would still buy TS3. I just have a feeling I'm going to like it much better than I ever liked TS2.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 3:36 PM
Although if the expansion was possible, and it would mean we'd be able to keep features that will be missing from sims 3 (pets, vacations, the usual...) I don't think I'd go for it to be honest. I actually look forward to a whole, fresh start. The nieghbourhood I've been playing for years became a bit, messy, and so I deleted it. Now I just play in the pre-made hoods, just waiting till Sims 3. I don't think I'd have the effort to start a fresh again in the same, old game, I look forward to trying out Sims 3 with the traits system and what-not =]
Alchemist
#9 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:09 PM
If they could do that there would be no need for a TS3
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:39 PM
For me it's not the seamless neighbor that is most appealing.
Remember the original sims game where the only option was changing the head on an outfit? We all loved the ability to change the hair and eyes and put a different shirt to a different bottom when Sims2 came out.
Now, with Sims3 we get to change the hair even more, as you can with pets, to make a more unique look through multi-layering. And, we get the option to change shoes as well as accessories for each outfit.
The part that makes me really happy is just the ability to change the shoes. I want the perfect pair of shoes or at least a good match for whatever I am wearing. One pair of sandals doesn't go with anything and I want to be color coordinated. So just getting my Sims out of those boots or wierd heels and putting them in tennies or sandals or better shoes is a great step forward to me, more so than walking around the neighborhood.
I also like the idea of moving the furniture over a quarter or a half tile without typing in the cheat because I want the couch centered on the wall.
So, we have the technology to change those things in Sims2 now through new meshes and cheat codes, but it will be easier/more convenient in Sims3.
As you said the new option that we can't reproduce now is the seamless hood, and "Would I buy Sims3 if I could get that in an EP?" I probably wouldn't buy that EP, and I am still not sure about buying Sims3. (However, my hubby will be getting me Sims3 for my birthday : ) because he never knows what to buy me and anything Sims is always well received.)
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Now, with Sims3 we get to change the hair even more, as you can with pets, to make a more unique look through multi-layering.

Oh yeah, that's deffinitely something else I look forward too. Putting streaks in hair, without countless CC hairs in my downloads will be great.
A seamless hood EP for Sims 2 just wouldn't be worth bothering with, and I'd not go for it. I want a new game, a fresh start, with a whole host of new features.
#12 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
I would still buy TS3. I just have a feeling I'm going to like it much better than I ever liked TS2.

Same here!!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 7:53 PM
I would still buy it without question. The seamless neighborhood really isn't even one of the big selling points to me. The Biggest for me is to see how the new personalty systems works out and I love the idea of the entire neighborhood aging together. That and ever thing seems to have more depth to it.
Theorist
#14 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 8:06 PM
For one whole entire day I actually got to read up a bunch on TS3 and think about buying it. It was a fun fantasy, for sure! Then I read the system requirements and my current computer is about two hairs above minimum with no hope currently of upgrading any time in the near future.

Realistically, though, it isn't the open neighborhood that entices me. TS3 has a LOT of very cool features that do get my attention, though. With me it's funny little things like being able to put wallpapers on staircases and stretch a single staircase over multiple tile widths, and applying the same textures to just about anything I can think of.

So, if EA should decide to release an expansion pack that did the same thing (which, for various reasons is impossible, but I'll play along) and I bought it, it probably wouldn't make any difference, one way or another for me in potentially buying TS3. As it is, though, my computer is having problems enough with the expansion packs I currently have, and I don't even have AL and only have one of the stuff packs.
Theorist
#15 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 8:30 PM
Personally, I'm tired of The Sims 2. I can barely stand the graphics, they're just so dated to me now. I didn't even buy Apartment Life since I knew that even though it looks like one of the best EPs I would get bored of it after a month or two and The Sims 3 would come out soon to make it redundant. Having a seamless neighborhood EP for TS2 wouldn't change anything for me, I'd still get TS3.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 10:47 AM
Even if they could do it, which they can't, I'd still buy 3 because I'm tired of 2.
#17 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 11:46 AM
I agree with being bored with Sims 2. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game, but I want to try something different and I am actually looking forward to Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:13 AM
I'm bored of TS2 as well. I'm SO looking forward to the new customization stuff in TS3. Soooo looking forward to it. I'd buy it no matter what at this point. I've run out of things to do in TS2. Seamless neighborhood seems nice, but doesn't appeal like the customization.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:11 AM
I am not exsited about TS3. I just got into TS2 and such and I am not giving it up. TS3 does not look interesting to me anyways. I will get it eventually though, but for now I am sticking with sims2
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:15 PM
I'm not exactly bored with TS2 and will continue to play it ... but I am excited about the differences between TS2 and TS3 and will enjoy TS3 for the new game it is.
#21 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:56 AM
Yes, because I'm looking forward to the new trait system.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th May 2009 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Requiem19
Yes, because I'm looking forward to the new trait system.

This. I have grown pretty sick of The Slouch on my characters simply because I wanted them to be outgoing and not leave the bathroom messy! Mean sims aren't even worth it in TS2, but jerk sims in TS3 seem like they could be a lot of fun... and they don't have to be mean in order to paint a decent picture. =D

Also, I want morbidly obsese sims so that I can make a fat camp asylum.
Scholar
#23 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:38 PM
Personaly, no i whouldnt
im so over the sims 2 stale graphics.
i want somthing new and fresh...and no matter what they do to the sims 2... it will never be new and fresh.
Theorist
#24 Old 11th May 2009 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
I have grown pretty sick of The Slouch on my characters

I was sick of that the first time I saw it, which is why one of the very first things I did after SimPE was released was to add another point or two to all Lazy Sims' personalities to get rid of it. Of course this was way early on in SimPE and the changes I had made caused some MAJOR problems (of course I had backed up my neighborhood first, just in case) so I didn't get to fix that until quite a while later after SimPE was fixed. LOL Then I started using TwoJeff's animation fix and between his fix and SimPE I've not had slouching Sims since.

And all this talk of slouching Sims reminds me: I am pretty sure I saw a Sim slouching in a picture of TS3, which made me want to run to the bathroom for a good hurl (I only know one person in real life who even comes halfway close to slouching like that and she's certainly not lazy). In fact, it looked to me in what I saw that pretty much all of the Sim animations were just importations of TS2 animations, possibly polished up a bit.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th May 2009 at 10:59 PM
Some of them probably are, but there are also videos of new animations and of the crew doing an animation. Also, there are only so many ways to eat a pancake. Alsoalso, the game is an exaggerated example of life. The Slouch exists because it's hyperbole. =D
Page 1 of 2