Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#101 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:12 AM
For the Australia release date discussion:
I really wish it would be a bit earlier and that the stores would release it early, too.
I went to my local Harvey Norman about an hour ago to quickly pre-order The Sims 3. My mother asked will they be putting it out before June 4th like some other stores.

Apparently, if a store puts a new game out before the street-date they can get heavily fined. Also because it goes online EA knows who has and where abouts they are. Unfortunatley, EA aren't that silly. So most stores (for the sake of money) are trying to keep it off the shelves so they don't risk getting a fine.

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:18 AM
Good job going to Harvey Norman. They're selling it for the cheapest at the moment. I really hope GAME will price match them, or I won't be happy.

And yeah, it does suck that some people get it before us because stores put it out early. But is also sucked that it got leaked and hundreds of thousands of people got it before us too At least the upside is we get their pretty screen shots and reviews of the game while we wait. So it's not ALL bad
Test Subject
#103 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
So does The Sims 3 have bodyshop or something better?
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kohakuchan
Day after tomorrow for me. I'm so excited!

June 2 for me Pick up at my local eb game
Field Researcher
#105 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:25 AM
I actually like that most sims look alike now. Hopefully that way we won't get super fugly babies and there won't be so many ugly sims. Ugghhhh. I hated some of those defalt faces. No one's face really looks anything like that. And you don't really get babies with eyes that are permenetly half closed(unless there's something wrong with them) hopefully it will be easier to make pretty babies now.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
I actually like that most sims look alike now. Hopefully that way we won't get super fugly babies and there won't be so many ugly sims. Ugghhhh. I hated some of those defalt faces. No one's face really looks anything like that. And you don't really get babies with eyes that are permenetly half closed(unless there's something wrong with them) hopefully it will be easier to make pretty babies now.

Haha! I HATED those freakishly UGLY Sims! Whenever I would adopt and end up with one of them, I'd use cheats to grow them up and either kill them, or move them away to college (only to delete them from the bin). I do want diversity in my game, but not THAT kind of diversity :P
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Ok, I have some pictures :D

I hope this is allowed, as this is from a legal game, and not a pirate version.

First up, the family home:

inside:

the patio:

Perrine arrives to work:

Sienna cycles to her job:

After work she takes toddler Chloe to the park near their home:

Playing the Guitar:

Sunset:
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
I'm running on a high end card (radeon 4870), with everything maxed out, and its playing pretty smooth.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:02 AM
Can I ask what version of the game it says it is in the Sims 3 Launcher? And if you can download a patch?

Are you having trouble when switching households? Do they lose inventory? Do NPCs respawn if you delete them? Does storyprogression work properly?
Field Researcher
#110 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:04 AM
I second the "does story progression work?" question.

Also, is anyone running it on the windows 7 RC?
Inventor
#111 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Lovely screenshots! I love the way the game looks!
Hopefully with a GeForce 8800 GT my game will look good
Field Researcher
#112 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:23 AM
Great pictures! The game looks so detailed.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski

I am! Runs perfectly. I didn't even have to install in compatibility mode...

Oh and I have only had ONE instance of the game stuffing up, but I had just saved like 5 minutes beforehand anyway...and the game makes backup saves.
Alchemist
#114 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:20 AM
I am so jealous of everyone who has it already... I'm drooling over those pictures...
(Idk if this was asked already cuz I didn't read through five pages)Is there like an option to pause families or something so they don't live w/out you? I just gotta know that...
I hope my computer will be fixed by Tuesday... I've been sim-less for over a week -_- and if I can't play sims 3, I'll scream.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:56 AM
Oh, I really like the screeners! Thank you lucky early players for sharing!

In the screener a few pages ago where the game asks if it is ok for Brandon something to go to Kaylynn Langerak's house to play, I couldn't help but think "no! that is not ok! don't go to Kaylynn's house! She's gonna turn into some evil, heartbreaking maid!!" (at least that's how I used to play her)
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Quote:
I am so jealous of everyone who has it already...

I'm more envious of the people who have the plumbob flashdrive,I have a thing for shiny flashdrives. :( [/sort of off-topic]
Scholar
#117 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:14 PM
The images are so neat ! Many thanks for sharing them ! Rha I'm just waiting thursday me !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#118 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:16 PM
I hate you!
no offence!
lol
Field Researcher
#119 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
I am! Runs perfectly. I didn't even have to install in compatibility mode...

Oh and I have only had ONE instance of the game stuffing up, but I had just saved like 5 minutes beforehand anyway...and the game makes backup saves.

32 or 64 bit?
Test Subject
#120 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:05 PM
I just picked up my TS3 copy & Prima Guide! I'm so afraid to open it....
Alchemist
#121 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski

Someone in one of the other threads said the rumors of the story progression option being broke are indeed true
Test Subject
#122 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuSu_Sim
I was shocked i got my sim3 from newegg with free shipping I order it on Tuesday May 26 and got it today
Did anyone get there today?

Update here are pictures

um...a big misunderstandin w/ my game....
when i first preordered my game..i put 35 dollars down for the 70 dollar game
and so i had to put 35 more down...and now my friend who i asked to pick the game up for me is saying i owe her 10 (i gave her 30-instead of 35 by accident)
when i'm broke and only have 5(the five I was supposed to give her)
and now i supposedly cant get the game until i give her 10 bucks.
so no...i dont have my game
and its makin me wanna cry
Test Subject
#123 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
No I get april car and june car.Pre order before april.Gamestop say code ok.Code works!! :P
Page 5 of 5