Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:42 AM
Default EA House Make-overs
I thought a category for Sim 3 home make-overs would be nice. I looked through the threads here and didn't see one, so I thought I'd introduce one.

It is fun to design and build your own homes, but I like the challenge of making over a pre-existing one. I like to make them more affordable, color coordinated, and less prone to traffic congestion. So, this thread is to share ideas on how to make-over the homes and buildings that are already in the game.

For example, I make the Sunset Valley gym into a single story building (because I like to see everything at once) retaining all the same items with few structural changes. I just rearrange some furnishings to avoid bottle-necks and phobias. (My technophobic Sims hate working out with the t.v. on, so now the t.v. is the entrance.) Then, I change some colors and patterns so that I don't shutter everytime the Sims go there.

Here is the new layout:

After making the pool just a little bit smaller and rearranging a few of the windows, the upstairs equipment fits in nicely. It has a great view of the outdoors and the pool area. The upstairs bath fits where the stairs were, though the room is now much smaller.

The eating area is much less congested. The fridge isn't hemmed in by the bars. Sims can easily get around each other here.

Without the front stairs, the entrance is now a great place to meet and greet. Sims can watch t.v. while waiting for someone else to arrive or finish working out. They can also work out here.

Make-overs don't have to be major renovations, though they can be. Share your ideas and pictures here. Show us your home make-overs.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Ciane : 16th Jan 2010 at 5:53 PM. Reason: typo
Default Some of my favorites
I thought this got lost somewhere as I submitted this thread idea almost three months ago. Hopefully, others are interested and will post pictures and/or ideas here. Here are some of my favorite remakes:

Wolff:
front:

back:

side:

layout:

I tried to keep all the original room layout and spacing while simply moving the upper level rooms to the ground floor. Some rooms however lost one tile width or length due to pool location or outer limits. I turned one bathroom 90 degrees and simply got rid of the fifth bathroom.

Pondcentric:

Here I deleted a lot of the back deck to enjoy more of the water's view.

I also added an outer entrance to the dining room and another column on the end of house to make it seem more balanced.

Here's a redo of one of the Condos:

I tried to keep the original look and feel as I lowered the skyline and made it a single story dwelling.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:50 PM
I love the Wolff's makeover!
Inventor
#4 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:37 PM
I love how wou made them one storey houses,they look much better^^I personally don't like two storey houses