Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newborns Get Zodiac Signs that Match the Current Season

by Sims MX Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 7:14 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM by Sims MX

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Instructor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 8:57 PM
Taurus is spelled wrong, Tauros is a pokemon, Taurus is a horoscope sign.

*edit* I would love to download it as I love EA bug fixes, but things like that do my head in.
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
Taurus is spelled wrong, Tauros is a pokemon, Taurus is a horoscope sign.

*edit* I would love to download it as I love EA bug fixes, but things like that do my head in.
I for one should really thank you, as it's been keeping my mind busy and questioning all my astrologic knowledge and I couldn't find out what's actually wrong! So thank you
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 9:05 PM Last edited by JT` : 10th Dec 2012 at 9:25 PM.
Cool beans! Just a fair warning to anyone involved, because this includes ITUN overrides of the birth interactions, any mod you have that enables teens and elders to give birth (at home or otherwise) will no longer work. To fix, use S3PE and for each ITUN interaction inside SimsMxZodiac.package, change the line "<AgeSpeciesAvail ...>" to [pre2]<AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValue="T,Y,A,E" />[/pre2] and the line "<AgeSpecies ...>" to [pre2]<AgeSpecies AgeSpeciesValue="T,Y,A,E" />[/pre2] It might be worthwhile to roll these changes out on your end, Sims_MX, since those interactions only appear if a sim is pregnant and that can only happen if someone has already used a mod that makes it possible, e.g., with NRaas Woohooer -- in other words, there is no disadvantage to doing so. =)
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
Taurus is spelled wrong, Tauros is a pokemon, Taurus is a horoscope sign. *edit* I would love to download it as I love EA bug fixes, but things like that do my head in.
Fortunately, the zodiac signs are handled entirely by EA, where they are spelled correctly dependent on your localisation/internationalisation -- that's just a typo in the post and has no bearing on the mod itself. ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 9:17 PM
this is great. it used to irk me that twins would have different zodiac signs. almost as much as the "if my husband is a celebrity and i kiss him i just made out with a celebrity" and don't get me started on the flippin love letters coming for my husband!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 10:48 PM
Wow, this is so cool! Thank you so much, it's an unique idea I never would've thought of. I love just about every one of your mods though :D
Instructor
#31 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Fortunately, the zodiac signs are handled entirely by EA, where they are spelled correctly dependent on your localisation/internationalisation -- that's just a typo in the post and has no bearing on the mod itself. ;-)

Ahh yeah I get it. Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 1:43 AM
@awsomegirl, PhelipeDeon Europe and Iran belong to the Northern hemisphere. The reason signs like Pisces and Virgo may seem to be misplaced is because I assigned "months" to each season (e.g., summer is June, July, and August) and zodiac (e.g., Gemini is June). So even if Gemini goes from May 20th to June 20th, I classified it as the sign newborns should get in the first days of summer.

@AngieMFAK77 Thanks for the correction. I didn't notice the spell checker had highlighted it too.

@JT` Thank you, I've updated the ITUN resources. As I do not use teen/elder pregnancy, I never imagined that situation.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#33 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:34 AM
Wow, very nifty Gives a little more meaning to those silly signs! (Now if only sign compatibility was less than a 50/50 chance...)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:41 AM
This is awesome and thank you for making one for both hemisphere!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:20 AM
Well I may be Australian, but I always think of SimNation as being a psuedo-America, so I downloaded the northern version. I do like that you have the southern version available though.
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:30 AM
@ Sims MX, thank you for explaining, but I still can't stand Virgo in Fall.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 5:08 AM Last edited by bitterquill : 11th Dec 2012 at 9:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by awsomegirl
@ Sims MX, thank you for explaining, but I still can't stand Virgo in Fall.

Unfortunately, without making 12 different versions of the mod so that each sign appears in each "slot," the alternative would be to skew the whole system in favor of particular seasons by having more than three per season (or make other signs "off," which would have the same effect of bugging other people), which would result in a higher percentage of certain signs over others in the general population even if births are happening at a regular clip. Can't please everyone, unfortunately, and I for one would rather have evenly distributed signs. Just my two cents.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:18 AM
nice work
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:41 AM
I am very glad you did this. What a great mod!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#40 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:41 AM
What a nice mod! Making things make sense when EA failed to do so has always been my fave part of modding the Sims. :D

Quote: Originally posted by TammyLin Saphir
Very smart idea you got here !

In Europe it's :
Spring: Aries / Tauros / Gemini
Summer: Cancer / Leo / Virgo
Fall : Libra / Scorpio / Sagittarius
Winter: Capricorn / Aquarius / Pisces
(in this order)
So, the same as Iran

I commented because I was born in winter and I'm Pisces, so it's bugging me you put it in spring, but this mod is great even though ^^
I'm European, Pisces, and born in the spring (March is a spring month no matter if you have snow or not )
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 11:50 AM Last edited by awsomegirl : 11th Dec 2012 at 1:57 PM.
@bitterquill I assume it works fine for you, but you'd better keep in mind that the world is not just your country. I pay respect if Sims MX thinks there's no need of making a France/Iran version, but it gives you no right to insult people. Actually, having you at MATY's just enough. @armiel In some countries picses is actually counted in winter, weather is the only thing that doesn't matter at all. And Virgo's counted in summer, as September is a summer month for us even if we experience hail, snow, etc. But the season depends on your birth date (discussing your calendar type, since we have a different calendar type here)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:32 PM
You totally read my mind, thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 5:28 PM
This is so cool, just the other day a baby was born in my game in summer and was capricorn and I was so annoyed!!!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 6:55 PM Last edited by bitterquill : 11th Dec 2012 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by awsomegirl
@bitterquill I assume it works fine for you, but you'd better keep in mind that the world is not just your country. I pay respect if Sims MX thinks there's no need of making a France/Iran version, but it gives you no right to insult people. Actually, having you at MATY's just enough.

I didn't insult anyone. I was simply explaining that you can't evenly divide 12 birth signs by four seasons and end up with anything other than three signs per season. That's not cultural insensitivity, that's math. Evenly dividing the signs will create an approximately equal number of birth signs for the in-game Sims. It's more realistic and makes mods like Fentonparkninja's zodiac attraction more functional. Sure, it's less realistic if your game mimics particular weather patterns and has some seasons longer than others, but modding for all possible contingencies would be a pretty enormous task. Props to SimsMX if they choose to tackle it.

What signs fall in what seasons is an entirely different issue to what I was talking about; I was adding to your comment, not negating it. I fully realize that not all countries have seasons in the same month, and that not all countries use the same Zodiac dates. But if a country has 12 zodiac signs, four seasons and all the seasons are the same length (as they are by default in the game), they will still evenly divide the calendar and, thus, the zodiac. The months may be assigned differently in different regions, as evidenced by the northern and southern hemisphere versions of the mod, but there will always be three per season. That's all I was talking about, and it really doesn't contradict what you were saying. I can't imagine why anyone would find my observation offensive, but if you or anyone else was insulted, please be aware that my intentions were only to elaborate on the mathematical logic that the modder used.
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 7:34 PM Last edited by awsomegirl : 11th Dec 2012 at 8:16 PM.
@bitterquill Sims MX is one of my favorite creators, and of course his logic and creativity is appreciated, maybe even more than that. And he explained the whole matter at the top of the page, and it was completely persuading. But our months 'are' different from yours. I mean Virgo is not separated between 2months. We have for example day 1 to day 30 of one month = Virgo Not day 22 (of a month) to day 19 (of another month) = Virgo. As it's so, last month of summer is Virgo for us, and not even a day of it goes into fall. And the same for the other signs. *Even in your calendar type, the season depends on the person's birth date, since every sign pertains to 2 months. Which I can clearly understand if it's not actually possible to introduce to the game. Due to our calendar type it's: Spring: Aries, Taurus, Gemini. Summer: Cancer, Leo, Virgo. Fall: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius. Winter: Capricorn, Aquarius and picses. See? We have 3signs per season too. So that's what makes me a bit annoyed, though I am so grateful for all his wonderful work. And I didn't grumble anymore after he explained it, because I don't want anyone to bother him/herself for only 'one' person, or I'd better say only a few people.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 7:42 PM
Thank you!!!~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 7:54 PM
Thank you so much! This is an awesome idea! I'll get it!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
What a nice mod! Making things make sense when EA failed to do so has always been my fave part of modding the Sims. :D

I'm European, Pisces, and born in the spring (March is a spring month no matter if you have snow or not )

This whole matter of dates is really interesting, as I never thought about other countries having different linkage between zodiac signs and months

As for you armiel, I would say I'm not sure what you're saying: Pisces includes days February 19th to March 20th, and Spring begins on March 20th. If you were born on this particular day (March 20th) then okay you're both Pisces and born in Spring. Even if I don't deny March is a Winter AND Spring month, I can't see how it would be possible to be born Pisces and in Spring if the birthday date's not the 20th...

I love how even the smallest matter is always debatable
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 8:43 PM Last edited by awsomegirl : 11th Dec 2012 at 8:57 PM.
@TammyLin Saphir It is, all I can think of is the dates matter, though I'm pretty confused
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 9:23 PM
Thank you!!
Page 2 of 8