Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skin Converter V2.3, enable CC skintones in CAS

by CmarNYC Posted 9th Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2020 at 3:15 PM by CmarNYC

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:41 PM
excuse my english. it doesn't work for me on vampires
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shinge
excuse my english. it doesn't work for me on vampires

It works for vampires in my game if the skintone is enabled for vampires, and I'm going to add options to enable for each of the occults for the very old skintones.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 1:52 PM
Another unbelievable cmar modding tool. This guy makes this game playable and so easy hassle free to fix and mod.
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 3:11 PM
So I've been trying to use this tool but once I download and unzip the file, whenever I try to start the .exe file I get a pop-up that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Do you know what could be causing this? cause I can't figure it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 3:21 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Cmar. This was a blessing for me as a CC creator.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 4:12 PM
Thank you for your fast and effective work Cmar! Now I can finally update my game. lol
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittenMix
So I've been trying to use this tool but once I download and unzip the file, whenever I try to start the .exe file I get a pop-up that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Do you know what could be causing this? cause I can't figure it out

Make sure you left all the supporting files in the same folder. I'll double check it's not trying to open game files for the next version. Besides that, while it sounds like you don't have the required permissions, if you just unzipped it that doesn't make sense. The other possibility is that your antivirus is blocking it, which sometimes happens with new software the AV doesn't recognize.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 4:39 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I love this one skin cc I have but when I updated with the new stuff it wouldn't work, thank you so much!!!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:02 PM
This is amazing, thank you so much! Forgive me if this is a silly question, I am pretty new to mods/CC. I understand the instructions about renaming instead of overriding, but what of the custom skins i have installed via the TSR CC Manager? it condenses CC into its own small little library files instead of individual packages. should i just uninstall my skins via the manager and redownload them individually?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:29 PM
thank you for this - another lifesaver
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelenaHandbasket
This is amazing, thank you so much! Forgive me if this is a silly question, I am pretty new to mods/CC. I understand the instructions about renaming instead of overriding, but what of the custom skins i have installed via the TSR CC Manager? it condenses CC into its own small little library files instead of individual packages. should i just uninstall my skins via the manager and redownload them individually?

Good question. IMO you should remove the skins with the manager. I assume it doesn't extract the original package for you so yes, you'll probably have to re download if you don't have the originals. I wouldn't risk running this tool on a combined package.

BTW I love your username!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 6:58 PM
V2.1 uploaded. The only change is that you can enable skins for all the occults now.

@wild_guy - I've looked for the splotchiness and it seems to be gone, or at least it's almost invisible to my aging eyes. :D

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 7:09 PM
This ap is great! Works great. being able to add add occult would be perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 8:06 PM
Thank you for this program! I appreciate your work! I want to ask a question first, does this application also update the cc skin for natural tanning in sulani?
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 8:07 PM
So...I tried this tool but my skintones still don't show up in CAS. I ticked all options but they just won't appear.

Am I doing something wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlayStar201
So...I tried this tool but my skintones still don't show up in CAS. I ticked all options but they just won't appear.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please upload the original and converted packages and I'll take a look!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dalilacuderan
Thank you for this program! I appreciate your work! I want to ask a question first, does this application also update the cc skin for natural tanning in sulani?

Yes, if you check the option to add tan and burn textures.

Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Make sure you left all the supporting files in the same folder. I'll double check it's not trying to open game files for the next version. Besides that, while it sounds like you don't have the required permissions, if you just unzipped it that doesn't make sense. The other possibility is that your antivirus is blocking it, which sometimes happens with new software the AV doesn't recognize.

It seems my antivirus was blocking it, sorry bout that it's all working fine now! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 9:51 PM
Thank you so much! I think I may owe you my first born child!
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 9:54 PM
I'm having a similar problem to Playstar201, but it's only happening with some skins. Some show up completely, some only show up on occults and some don't show up at all. I've ticked everything on all the skins.
Hope it's chill that I've attached the skins I'm having issues with (ones with ED in name are converted). The NotEgain skin only shows up on occults and the PYXIS skin doesn't show up at all.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Skins.zip (16.71 MB, 22 downloads)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 10:44 PM
Cmar, you are incredible.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#47 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phibbs
I'm having a similar problem to Playstar201, but it's only happening with some skins. Some show up completely, some only show up on occults and some don't show up at all. I've ticked everything on all the skins.
Hope it's chill that I've attached the skins I'm having issues with (ones with ED in name are converted). The NotEgain skin only shows up on occults and the PYXIS skin doesn't show up at all.

Thanks! I think the problem with the NotEgain is that it's a very old skintone made before there were any occults and there was no tag necessary to enable for humans. I've added the option to add the tag to enable for humans in V2.2.

The PYXIS skin shows up fine for me for all types. Are you sure you put in the right package?

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
@wild_guy - I've looked for the splotchiness and it seems to be gone, or at least it's almost invisible to my aging eyes. :D

Well, overlays still give some small artifacts but at first sight they seem the same that I saw after converting with v.1.2, quite not critical for me.
I made some experiments and looks like I found much more critical problem.
So I have 2 packages of CC skin tones, the first is initial that made before tan was implemented in the game and the second one is the same but converted with 1.2 version to add tan and burn textures.
I converted both using version 2.0 and compared tanned and burned result of the same tone and it seems v.2.0 create incorrect tan and burn textures. While the tanned texture is not very different from version 1.2, the burned texture is completely incorrect.
Tan settings were enabled in both cases althought as I saw creating tan textures is just skipped if they already exist (info just in case).
Here is the screenshots of the results, please, take a look:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Desktop.zip (5.19 MB, 8 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:44 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Dec 2020 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
Well, overlays still give some small artifacts but at first sight they seem the same that I saw after converting with v.1.2, quite not critical for me.
I made some experiments and looks like I found much more critical problem.
So I have 2 packages of CC skin tones, the first is initial that made before tan was implemented in the game and the second one is the same but converted with 1.2 version to add tan and burn textures.
I converted both using version 2.0 and compared tanned and burned result of the same tone and it seems v.2.0 create incorrect tan and burn textures. While the tanned texture is not very different from version 1.2, the burned texture is completely incorrect.
Tan settings were enabled in both cases althought as I saw creating tan textures is just skipped if they already exist (info just in case).
Here is the screenshots of the results, please, take a look:

You mean that the burned texture isn't as red? Yes, I mistakenly used an older version of the color transformation. I'll fix it.

Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:57 PM
*sighs* thank you for this now for the not so fun part of trying to update 400 files one by one lol
Page 2 of 7