Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 7:58 PM
Default What will you do when CAW for the Sims 4 comes out?
TwistedMexi, a modder for the Sims 4, created this wonderful mod that allows you to edit and change different parts of the Sims 4 worlds. You can see the trailer for the mod here.

I would like to ask you what you will change or improve about these worlds. The first thing I will do is to delete those ugly cherry pink trees (they look like pink pasta).
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 8:50 PM
I didn't really understand what we can do in it? Do the lots we can live on still stay in the same place and you just place new things around them?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#3 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 8:26 AM
And, as if by telepathy, TwistedMexi releases a FAQ that answers my questions

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 12:57 PM
Probably not much because I sadly do not have the patience or attention span to get anywhere near finishing a CAW project. lol

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Probably not much because I sadly do not have the patience or attention span to get anywhere near finishing a CAW project. lol

and less with this game xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 2:12 PM
Here's the FAQ on TwistedMexi's Patreon in case anyone's interested:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/create-world-faq-56556779
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 2:13 PM
It looks interesting. I think I'd start a new save for it though and not test it on my main one; and just play around with it to see what will happen. Hope it's simpler than TS3 CAW though.

The worlds are very pretty in TS4, I think it more comes to if I want a cmpletely different time period than 'modern american'; it could be very useful for that, placing buildings and nature objects, and removing the playgrounds and such. Maybe a magical world would be fun to make, shiny trees and lights everywhere..
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 3:34 PM Last edited by dikosay : 29th Sep 2021 at 3:47 PM.
I'll probably get it. I'm thinking maybe it'll keep me playing TS4 for a long, long time - even long after TS5 comes out.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 4:23 PM
Yes, I've spent a year fixing up all the lots and sims in the game; and this means I could start over, and further on again when the mod is enhanced with terrain modification! So many worlds to change.. aaah!
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 6:25 PM
- Copy Strangerville, maybe make some minor changes to it. All I need here is more lots.

- Copy Sulani and change it into a northern hemisphere beach, basically a second Brindleton Bay. Or, if that's easier, copy Brindleton Bay and add swimable terrain, if that's possible.

- Probably purchase Seasons. For space reasons I headcanon all worlds except for Strangerville, Sulani and Oasis Springs to be the same city with its suburbs. However, the devs insisting on tying climates to worlds would break my immersion, what is one reason for avoiding Seasons. I'll probably just copy the two urban worlds, remove the palm trees from Del Sol Valley and give both copies a northern climate. Then I just have to move my sims over.

Although realistically by the time I've figured out how to use the editor, someone else will already have created Strangerville addons, Baltic Sea beaches and urban areas that I can download and adjust to my needs.
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 3:28 PM
idk what to think of it yet, But all I can think of is Batuu would be an idea place for a new world, I played that pack over and over again, and I no longer plan to play it anymore, the world is small and limited I feel i've seen everything.
Inventor
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 5:45 AM
It seems to me that FOR NOW at least it'll be the same thing we've seen in the past: the ability to move/add/delete objects in the common spaces. They say that for now the templates are all copies of EA worlds. It's great they found a workaround, but the name Create-A-World is very misleading. For people who are familiar with the way CAW worked in TS3, this is nothing like CAW.

I also have my doubts how user friendly this tool will be. I've seen some of their previous work, and "pie menus" and the requirement to interact with an object in LIVE mode is the least user friendly thing in the world.

Don't get me wrong. I think TwistedMexi did a great job. But sadly the limitations of The Sims 4 engine are too much to overcome.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
It seems to me that FOR NOW at least it'll be the same thing we've seen in the past: the ability to move/add/delete objects in the common spaces. They say that for now the templates are all copies of EA worlds. It's great they found a workaround, but the name Create-A-World is very misleading. For people who are familiar with the way CAW worked in TS3, this is nothing like CAW.

I also have my doubts how user friendly this tool will be. I've seen some of their previous work, and "pie menus" and the requirement to interact with an object in LIVE mode is the least user friendly thing in the world.

Don't get me wrong. I think TwistedMexi did a great job. But sadly the limitations of The Sims 4 engine are too much to overcome.

What you say is true. But it's a mod, and like any mod if it improves TS4 even a little bit, it just may be worth it.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:47 PM
Reinstall the base game just to try it out.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Casimir : 3rd Oct 2021 at 2:05 PM.
I thought that it was possible to zone lots, but these lots would not be able to be accessed via map. That was kinda stupid from me, but then again I am not a modder.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 5:46 PM
I'm going to look at all the cool things people are doing, but I'm not actually going to download it until the game is actually finished being updated.
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenMercy
I'm going to look at all the cool things people are doing, but I'm not actually going to download it until the game is actually finished being updated.

Do we know that time will ever come?

Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
- Copy Strangerville, maybe make some minor changes to it. All I need here is more lots.

- Copy Sulani and change it into a northern hemisphere beach, basically a second Brindleton Bay. Or, if that's easier, copy Brindleton Bay and add swimable terrain, if that's possible.

I'm thinking of doing a similar beach thing with Del Sol Valley, and maybe turning the inaccessible studios in that one corner into a recreation of TS1 Studio Town. In terms of environment, that + Strangerville ought to be my favorite if they weren't so tiny, so fixing them with CAW will be a welcome change.

I might try adding TS2 Strangetown as a neighborhood of Strangerville as well, if it's possible. I always headcanoned Strangerville to be a more expanded and developed future version of Strangetown, but it's been hard to represent that in practice since the world is so tiny in-game.