Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

by Rothchild Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:58 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2010 at 7:48 PM by Rothchild : Updated!

490 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 387 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 20
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:20 PM
You guys should probably read this:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 1:23 AM
hmmmm yeah but most of us have WA now
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:06 AM
I also have the mod installed in the correct place, removed old mosaic mod and still no joy. I also have the .cfg file etc.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 1:53 PM
You must put the .package in World Adventures/Mods/Packages.
Put the .resource file in your World Adventures folder and, if needed, the .dll in World Adventures/Game/Bin
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 3:11 PM Last edited by echoed : 8th Dec 2009 at 1:59 PM. Reason: adding more info
Default The blue lots problem
Quote: Originally posted by Rothchild
I have heard of a few reports of that happening when people had no mods or CC. Often times when people download sims or lots they get CC without their knowledge. I don't think this mod could cause that, but we still don't know a lot about the blue lot issue. Through testing most seem to link it to CC and not mods. I will keep an eye on this issue though.

I've had the blue lots of oblivion happen to me, too. I thought I was going crazy - well, I did (go crazy) trying to figure out what was causing it and how to make it stop. I removed the old no mosaic and everything is working fine again. I'm hesitant to install the new one in case it starts happening again.... Would you happen to know if I did install your patch and the blue lots reappeared, would uninstalling the patch fix that bug - or would I have to delete everything (again!) and start from scratch (again!)? Thanks for *any* insight you might have with this problem.

(Though, as you say, it might not have been a problem with the mod at all but CC. There was a dress that kept appearing on my sims that I could never find in CAS or my downloaded stuff. I deleted something similar to that dress at the same time I got rid of the old no mosaic, so I'm not sure where the problem truly lies).

EDIT:
Yeah, I spoke too soon. The blue lots reappeared. I give up.
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:40 PM
My package is in the World Adventures/Mods/Packages

my resource file is in my World Adventures folder and my .dll file is in the bin where its supposed to be and the no mosaic still wont work for me and yes its in the right spot is there any suggestions
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 2:57 AM
thanks for the mod. Rothchild I would love if you were able to remove the sparkles that came with Eye Candy. Now I have a sparkleing sims now and dont like it. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 3:00 PM
Thanks for the mod.
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:03 PM
I cant dowload anything with monky or winzip?
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:41 AM
just here to say, i very recently downloaded the new patch for world adventures and a new patch for the base game. right before i downloaded the new patch, i had downloaded and installed this mod. then proceeded to update my game, when the update was done, i went to click the play button from the launcher and it said something like.. "Cannot run process" or something .. im not exactly sure. but i had a feeling it was this mod since you warned it was still in testing. i removed this mod and my game started right up. so i don't think it's compatible with the new patch. unfortunatly.
Inventor
#61 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Purity4 : 17th Dec 2009 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by The Fanged Shadow
Thanks for the mod.

Yes, thank you very much. Mangaroo referred me to this thread and download when I posted I was having issues finding the red assassin bug in China. I completely uninstalled all my mods and am now downloading this one. I am wondering, will there need to be a new skin for this new mosaic? Or are they completely two separate things?

Okay, I have downloaded, I have win.rar program, I moved the resource.cfg to the WA folder in program files, and I'm attempting to extract my download to the c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages folder and I get a WinRAR: Diagnostic messages window popup that says:

(Exclamation point inside a yellow triangle icon)\Downloads\MTS_Rothchild_1028768_No_MosaicWA.zip: Cannot create NoMosaicWA.package
(Exclamation point inside a yellow triangle icon)Access is denied.
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:55 PM
Hi every one , i'm posting here because after downloading the mod and instal it , i got a huge graphic bug .
I went to China and what a big surprise for me , all the bridge and buildings tunr in red , i try to clean up my folder from the other mod (packages and ressource files) , it's still red ,i instal it into the WA folder , still red .
Please what can i do to have the real color back .

ps ;thx for the mod
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 8:42 PM
Hi Peeps
I was having problems with this mod, Putting everything in the right folder etc.
then i re-installed TS3 Install Helper Monkey again. and it now works fine.

Packages DO NOT have to be in theWorld Adventures/Mods/Packages.
Just put the packages or mods in the Base Sim3/Mods/Packages.

Be warned that some of the sim3 packages may not work with the World Adventures.
If you do have a not compatible package it will hang on the WA loading Screen.
Hope this is helpful.
Instructor
#64 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heirflick
Hi Peeps
I was having problems with this mod, Putting everything in the right folder etc.
then i re-installed TS3 Install Helper Monkey again. and it now works fine.

Packages DO NOT have to be in theWorld Adventures/Mods/Packages.
Just put the packages or mods in the Base Sim3/Mods/Packages.

Be warned that some of the sim3 packages may not work with the World Adventures.
If you do have a not compatible package it will hang on the WA loading Screen.
Hope this is helpful.

I agree. I have W.A. and the latest patches and this mod works fine. But it is about the only mod I use - most of the other mods are not working well if at all so I took them out. If you are having trouble with this mod I suggest you take out all the other mods and just use this one to see if it will work. If it does, add back the other mods one at a time to find out if they are compatible. A slow process but I'm not aware of any program that will let us test mod compatibility like there is for TS2.
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 2:34 AM
I just installed this and it works fine, no problems no lag. I never moved my packages folder under WA, they are still in the base game folder, as is the resource.cfg and all the rest. Also I have the latest patches.
I think the key is to leave your .package files where they used to be, don't move them and you get no problems, I have tons of other mods and they all work fine.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:43 AM Last edited by imdvine : 30th Dec 2009 at 5:59 AM.
I installed it and not only do I still have the mosaic but all my custom content has been nullified . It's still in the right folders but it doesn't work, even after I removed the mod. I just hope I can restore my game without having to start from scratch

Thanx Heirflick reinstalling the monkey did the trick for methough i'm back to the old mod maybe I'll try the new one later after I have a chance to back up some files
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:53 PM
Works fine!
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 5:03 PM
Doesn't work for me...someone help me out..What i did is t his.
1.Create Mods folder in WA base folder
2.Create Packages folder in Mods folder
3.Did the same thing for Normal Sims 3 - Some said .package files should be in TS3 some said they need to be in TS3WA , so i copied them in both places.
4.Copy resources.cfg from TS3\Game\Bin and pasted it in TS3 base folder and TS3WA base folder.
5.Copied .dll from website and pasted it in WA bin folder.
Still won't work.My TS3WA version is 1.0.8.6 i don't have the 1.3.3 update
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:49 PM
Is there one of these for the base game?

Just started playing Sims 2 again after a very, very, veryyyy long time!
I also use Poser Pro 11!
Scholar
#70 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by resk
Doesn't work for me...someone help me out..What i did is t his.
1.Create Mods folder in WA base folder
2.Create Packages folder in Mods folder
3.Did the same thing for Normal Sims 3 - Some said .package files should be in TS3 some said they need to be in TS3WA , so i copied them in both places.
4.Copy resources.cfg from TS3\Game\Bin and pasted it in TS3 base folder and TS3WA base folder.
5.Copied .dll from website and pasted it in WA bin folder.
Still won't work.My TS3WA version is 1.0.8.6 i don't have the 1.3.3 update

Don't copy the resources.cfg from TS3\Game\Bin, download it from this site. They have different contents.

Quote: Originally posted by BeeTaisho
Is there one of these for the base game?

I think you can use this one for basegame, too.
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:29 PM Last edited by Babydoll3133 : 8th Jan 2010 at 8:24 PM. Reason: It's working now
I tried this in the base mod folder, the WA mod folder, both folders at the same time, and I still have the irritating blur. I know it isn't an install issue because I have other mods that work fine - except for Awesome Mod (MATY) - that wouldn't work either. (and I even removed all of them to make sure there wasn't a conflict). My game has been updated and patched - if that matters.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I finally got it working. I had to uninstall all mods and reinstall. Works great. Thank you.
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM
Nice Patch and perfectly Working with Actual Version (13.01.2010)

TS3 Install Helper is a nice & Fine Tool to install those Packages

Chris
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crypton
A good example of what others are trying to say is with the old Mosaic mod installed in WA, if you for example have an Incense Burner from Egypt, China, etc.. then light it (Burn Incense) You will see the Incense appear, but no smoke effects would apear on it.

If you remove the old Mosaic mod, you will see the smoke effects coming off the Incense.

Another one is the Lifetime Reward for Eye Candy that when you obtain it creates some red sparkly effects around the character that has the reward. With the old Mosaic mod this effect does not appear either. Basically all special effects from WA get removed with the old Mosaic mod. The only thing that works properly with the old one is it still removes the Mosaic itself (but at the cost of every other effect as well)

Attached a small cropped image from my game showing the effects of the Eye Candy reward I am talking about (sparkles around my character)

Oh and thanks to the modder for making an updated version!

yeah i see that now that i took off the old "no mosaic". its annoying oh well. this one works too.
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:48 PM
where is the old one?

Martin Truex Jr. #56
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:16 PM
No longer works with High end loft stuff pack. makes fish not show up in fish tank.

A Sims 3 Social Site !
http://www.simaroo.com
Page 3 of 20