Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 11:43 AM
Default Recolor and cloning wall decal
I have cloned the wall decal that came with freetime. The first one I did shows up fine. The others do not. I had an existing clone, and that one was replaced with the one that now works. I am using Simpe, but I'm not sure why the clones are not working.

I have also tried to recolor the decal and that does not work at all.

Please help.

Thanks,
cari4003
Advertisement
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 3:12 PM
I am not sure about the first part, but recoloring the decal should work fine. I have made many things with it. Just add your graphic or whatever and delete the background.

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 6:10 PM Last edited by cari4003 : 17th Aug 2008 at 7:40 PM.
ok, I'll try to recolor it again. *Keeps fingers crossed*

-------------------
Nope, recolors aren't working. I'm at a loss.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 11:05 PM
Do you have your CEP updated?

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:09 PM
I think so. I'll reload it tonight and see what happens.

Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:58 PM
Cari4003 are you editing the alpha channel as well when you do the recolor? The decal is actually one big plane, and the alpha channel should be exported and made white where your new decal shape is and black for the rest.... Sometimes just making the extra bits transparent in your paint program might not work... Hope that makes sense!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 8:31 PM Last edited by cari4003 : 19th Aug 2008 at 1:02 PM.
Thank you. I'll will try both ideas tonight and let you know what happens.
-----------------
The recolor did not work last night. I should have more time to play with it this evening. Hopefully I can figure out what's going on. I updated the CEP and DDS Utitlites. Everything there is fine now.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 3:52 PM
hmmm... You said cloned and not recolored... I wonder what your clone settings are set to? I bet it's just one little tick-box that's been checked or unchecked.... Despite what the cloning tutorial says, I always have the 'create stand alone object' ticked and 'change description' ticked. Perhaps you could try the 'Set Defaults' link and additionally check the create stand alone object option....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 12:50 PM
Finally got the recolors to work. I had to recolor the clone I made and they worked. Thank you everyone for the quick response and being so helpful..... Onto learning more.

Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 6:59 AM
Where can I find a tutorial on how to do this...just got into making my own art and I'm so interested in learning to do this... Thank you.
[email protected]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 5:55 PM
I guess starting here and learn to recolor. http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=534
You have to recolor the Butterflies and something wall decal that came in freetime ep.
There is another wall decal mesh made by pixelhate, that uses the base game.

Hope this helps.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:35 AM
Thanks to Cari for mentioning the full height poster (which meshes have been made by Numenor, to be correct. I'm only responsible for recolours)
If needed, I can help with recolouring (although, a guide has been provided) Don't hesitate to PM me.
The advantage of this base game compliant object is that it may be used by everyone...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:22 AM
Default Wall Sticker
Quote: Originally posted by cari4003
I guess starting here and learn to recolor. http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=534
You have to recolor the Butterflies and something wall decal that came in freetime ep.
There is another wall decal mesh made by pixelhate, that uses the base game.

Hope this helps.

Thank you cari4003...sorry it took so long to respond, but I do appreciate your feedback and once again...thanks.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:20 AM
My recolors of Custom Content are turning out fine...but they are turning up as Game Objects instead of Object Recolors...???
What am I doing wrong now?...
Must I clone the Custom Content first...I'm so lost...they aren't even showing up ingame.
Thanks...anyone.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 1:25 AM
Will someone...anyone please respond to this post?
I'm trying to make and give back to this site...so much I have taken...
please.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 3:21 AM
sleighill - could you post one of the recolors you've created so that someone cantake a look?