Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 8:22 PM
Default Welcome!
Here at The Land of Literature, we can discuss all the greatest parts of the written word!
Here is a place to introduce yourself to other members, and get the literary discussions moving.

Name: Michelle
Favourite Literature: I have so many, I couldn't choose one!
Who introduced you to your love of literature?: My mother. She has books all over the house, so much so that it resembles a library. She even has a book that an early prime minister presented as a gift to one of our ancestors! (Unfortunately, it's a prayer book, and we are both strong atheists.)
Any interesting facts?: Pssh, no. I'm boring.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 7:29 PM
Wonderful idea, a reader's group.

Name: Anna
Favourite literature: Oooh, there are just so many wonderful writers, so many interesting genres.
Who introduced me to literature? Both my parents read a lot, and so did all of their friends. I was in my early teens before I realised that not all adults read books.
Interesting fact: There will be a new installment in the Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold later this spring!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:23 AM
Hi Anna! :D
We need more members, go do some PR work.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th May 2010 at 10:59 PM
I was looking for a group that discusses literature. . .

Name: Rolanda

Favorite Literature: There's soo many! John Steinbeck "Of Mice and Men" is the first book that comes to mind. Oh, and Elie Wiesel's "Night".

Who introduced you to your love of literature?: Myself. Growing up no one really read books at home, so in elementary school I wandered into the library and saw all of these books. It all began with Arthur. . .

Any interesting facts: I have IBD. It's more painful than interesting.