Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 5:02 PM
Default Making custom body hair in Photoshop
I decided I want to make some body hair, but unfortunately my DDS plug-in isn't working for GIMP 2, so I'm gonna use Photoshop. I tried following this tutorial here , but without pictures it's hard to follow.

I was wondering mainly about the following:
- What the Overlay DDS and Specular DDS files are meant to be.
- What these are meant to look like (I know one of them is meant to be an alpha)

I had a go earlier but, erm...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:26 AM
Way back is your friend in that case! https://web.archive.org/web/2015100...s.info/t/445407

Overlay DDS: Overlays are basically textures that the game cannot recolour. Think about... the in-game paintings where you can only CASt the frame of the painting but the rest you can't. That's done based on an overlay dds
Specular DDS: Creates shine to your hair and such, so if you were to make something metal-like (The material obviously :P) Then you can increase the specular maps' whiteness to be super shiny. So black is entirely no-shine, white is super shine. Mixing is of course possible

Now, to create body hair, I think that's all done through the mask map (could be wrong here). But let me know how it goes!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Way back is your friend in that case! https://web.archive.org/web/2015100...s.info/t/445407

Overlay DDS: Overlays are basically textures that the game cannot recolour. Think about... the in-game paintings where you can only CASt the frame of the painting but the rest you can't. That's done based on an overlay dds
Specular DDS: Creates shine to your hair and such, so if you were to make something metal-like (The material obviously :P) Then you can increase the specular maps' whiteness to be super shiny. So black is entirely no-shine, white is super shine. Mixing is of course possible

Now, to create body hair, I think that's all done through the mask map (could be wrong here). But let me know how it goes!

Thanks for clearing that up.

I read that tutorial before, however the controls and features are slightly different in Photoshop.