Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 4:11 AM
Making cars show up in CAW - all same color :(
Hey dear MTS-community,
I started to convert objects to show in CAW with cars (this tut: http://modthesims.info/t/453818), in the end all have the same colors: Green, black or grey-white.
Is there an easy way to recolor the caw cars? In game the cars have different colors to choose. Can't I tell CAW or the object package somehow to take another of these colors?
Why are some of the cars darkgreen, others black and others grey? Since, all the DDS-files seem to be gray, no one of them have different colors visible in S3PE.
Any idea or knowledge that could help me?
Best regards,
TobyS28
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:27 AM
It's better to add decorative cars to CAW instead of functional ones used decoratively. Also, CAW doesn't have a CaSt-Tool, so all items that are recolourable in game just show the first preset in CAW.
If you sort the ressources by tag you'll easier find more IMG-ressources in there. Find the one that has the colour.
You have the option to recolour that first preset. You can also enter a lot in Edit in Game Mode in CAW, place those cars, recolour them to your liking and then drag those colours to the objects in your world.
But again, it's better to use decorative cars in the first place.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 8:26 PM
Thank you for your quick response.
So there is no other way? Just a color code like #556677 or something like that in S3PE? Or a way to order the order of the preset colors?
Since my caw world is really big by now and uses to crash when open in "edit in game", and since every IMG is grey at every car I don't know wich one it is I have to recolor, I guess I have to live with limited colors of cars in my world. And I also don't find decorative cars als packages für TS3, only for 2 and 4.
Still, I appreciate your help!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 5:20 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 29th Jan 2020 at 5:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
It's better to add decorative cars to CAW instead of functional ones used decoratively. Also, CAW doesn't have a CaSt-Tool, so all items that are recolourable in game just show the first preset in CAW.
If you sort the ressources by tag you'll easier find more IMG-ressources in there. Find the one that has the colour.
You have the option to recolour that first preset. You can also enter a lot in Edit in Game Mode in CAW, place those cars, recolour them to your liking and then drag those colours to the objects in your world.
But again, it's better to use decorative cars in the first place.

Doesn't NRAAS end up clearing out functioning cars anyways?

Would definitely agree that decorative cars are better than functional ones.

FYI, in any case, it's possible to recolour cars outside of the lots, by dragging the palette to them in CaST from a car placed on-lot (while in Edit-in-Game mode). I do this to streetlights all the time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Doesn't NRAAS end up clearing out functioning cars anyways?

I was thinking about that. Is it MasterController that does that or is it NRAAS's Traffic? I don't need the Traffic mod, so I could remove it.

By the way, does anyone know where to find deco cars?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 10:43 PM
I think it's Overwatch that cleans things up.

I think the one solution may be to use the Transmogrifier (http://modthesims.info/d/592332/the...pt-changer.html) and change the object scripts to something decorative- it works for me (for on-lot cars), but results may vary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 12:05 AM
Overwatch is also not in the game, so maybe it's this mod that shell remove the cars.

I tested few days and the cars ar still there. ))

So the only remaining (small) problem is that with the colors.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TobyS28
So the only remaining (small) problem is that with the colors.

Yep, so if you go into Edit in Game mode in CAW, edit a lot, and place a car down, I believe you should be able to drag the CaST color palette from the car on the lot to each off-lot car, and transfer the colours.

Since CAW Edit in Game doesn't have camera limits, you can go around the entire map and do this.

I do this with streetlights.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:53 AM
I am tired and it has been a while since I did this, but I wanted parked cars in a world I was working on and posted photos quite a while ago on this. As yes, Overwatch does clean up cars, so I placed residential lots and made the parking spaces and placed the cars. I did a planter/area at one end and used MOO and placed a tree over the mailbox. Actually we probably could just remove the mailbox? Or it would just regenerate? Anyway, that was my workaround for Overwatch and as a residential lot I could pick any vehicle and color as wanted.

And I had no idea we can recolor items off of lots from lots. I have to try that when I remember.